Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

9/8 Dragon Club: Joru ka Ghulam, Finally! (Page 31)

VishaD. IF-Veteran Member
VishaD.
VishaD.

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 3:53am | IP Logged
I really love this Dragon Club and the member's where each members really gets involved in giving long lines on their take instead of one liner and this shows much much the show has impact on us. Keep it going guys Clap

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012shanrykriti07Pearl_27nirmalac99saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06pickachu

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Now since all r talking about bangle breaking scene , I hope its not the case of again Yash falling in danger and Aarti coming to his rescue Confused... because if Aarti's bangles break it will mean Yash in danger na Confused...we hv already seen that in Neelam track .. it will look repitative Ouch...

I hope Yash finds those broken bangles and they show Aarti is missing .. it will b a Ramayan type scenario then .. Ram getting all belongings of Sita and we might for the first time get a clear picture of Yash's feelings for Aarti EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012shanrykriti07Pearl_27nirmalac99saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64pickachu

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
I found this funny Arti is being asked to become Arpita and Paridhi is being asked to become Arti!LOL

Edited by AngelDark - 10 August 2012 at 3:57am

Telly.Addictredeye2012shanrynirmalac99kriti07Pearl_27saf24SamanalyseInduG64jyoti06pickachu

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:00am | IP Logged
@Ria: That is a really interesting way to look at things. Aarti would not fault Yash for not giving her the attention and love of a husband, but that is not stopping her from asking for it when the chance presents itself. It is as though she is making it known that, yes, she would like some attention and acknowledgment but that if he doesn't want to give it, she won't hold it against him. That is actually exactly how it played out. She asked him to buy her bangles, he said no, and so she went happily to buy the bangles herself. After that it was Yash who stuck around and decided to give her the husbandly attentions after all. So she is giving him space to come into his own as her husband in some ways...

@Angel: Knowing the drawbacks of the daily soap genre, I have a habit of filling in the blanks and making things work, to safe guard my own enjoyment. I am happy to have a place to share those efforts. With this PH, though, I have to do it much less than others in the past. And I have confidence that if they leave blanks, they do plan to fill them. I completely understand your frustration because the episodes leave so much open ended and confusing, and often jump in unexpected directions, abruptly. These days my takes are written later and later because what to write doesn't occur to me automatically as it used to in the beginning. But then after discussion, the nuances start popping up, as well as the connections. Either the story is getting more complex or we are forcibly making it measure up to our expectations from the beginning. I really hope and still trust it is the former.

@Chalhov: Welcome! You can gatecrash any time! Big smile

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99angakekriti07Pearl_27saf24AngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06PutijaChalhov

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:06am | IP Logged

@Indu, @sam:  Interesting thoughts re: the Paridhi situation...

Like Indu said, no one is at fault yet everyone seems to be too.

@Sam...To me it seems Prateek has no plans, whatsoever!  He's like a rudderless ship not knowing how to handle two headstrong entities pulling in opposite directions - his parents on the one side and his wife on the other.   

He's been the baby of the house and still relishes that position.  No pressures, no expectations, and no demands.  He'd happily sail on that boat into the horizon.  It is the same freedom that he had, that allowed him to pick Paridhi as a mate. The fact that she was out working was also the reason for his meeting her and enabling their love affair to flourish.  I think, more than Prateek, it was Yash and the girls that the Scindia family was concerned about. So, despite their misgivings, they may have given the go-ahead to Prateek since they themselves were overwhelmed with the tragedy of Arpita's loss and with Yash carrying the torch so that none could forget. And if his marriage facilitated Yash's marriage in some way, all the more, better.

Prateek, by constantly reassuring Paridhi that he himself has no issues with her working is the only support he's offering her.  But, he himself is clueless about how to deal with his parents.   And in my view, if he stood up to his father on that particular day, I felt it was more to show Yash and others than really standing up for Paridhi.  Yash had in a way, challenged his 'manhood' by saying that he'll go talk to SP on Prateek's behalf, and he ended up lying to save face. And then when unfortunately and ironically, just when he was chasing his new Bhabhi up and down the bridge, his father drags his wife in.  Faced with multiple onslaughts simultaneously, he spoke up to his father.  What does his father do? Raise his hand.

Ever since that moment, Prateek has realized that he needs to tread carefully not for Paridhi's sake, but for his own.  His very existence and identity is tied to the Scindia family and house.  Without them, he'd not know what to do, where to go, where to start anything.  While Pankaj and Yash can choose to walk out anytime, Prateek simply cannot. He's not equipped to deal with the world. When Paridhi and Prateek have that little get together with her friends (when the director sends the note), her friends rib him about his joblessness and having it all too easy.  This embarrasses Paridhi more than Prateek.   Prateek is completely cool with it.  If he takes up cudgels on Paridhi's behalf, he's out the door.  I think there are no two ways about that.  Hence, the main reason for his hesitation.   He's certainly not biding his time to broach the topic. He's only hoping that Paridhi would pipe down.  While he knows that Paridhi's tactics are not going to work, he has no solution himself and hence sits there frowning and waiting for the inevitable bomb blast coming their way.

I'd reverse @Indu's statement by saying that if Paridhi has faulted, Prateek has double-faulted.  The pre-marriage assurances, followed by inaction for more than 3 months have led to the current desperation in Paridhi's actions.  Paridhi wanted to get back to her job on day 2 after the marriage. Since then, there has been no action on Prateek's part.  On top of it, she sees that Prateek is not really incompetent.  She sees him go to lengthy lengths to achieve a goal.  This also shows that he's not all that sold into the idea of a job for Paridhi. I think this has been discussed in the past that Prateek, having no job or a very loose job description is unable to appreciate the concept of a career or ambition.  Yes, he could not help fall in love, but how could he have miscalculated his family's stance towards working women.  If anything is clear about Prateek, it is that he's unable to articulate.  He has zero leadership qualities. Even when helping out his brother and Bhabhi, he needed the guidance of the love-guru or his elder bhabhi.  I foresee only one recourse here. Prateek and Paridhi walk out. Unless Prateek comes out of the umbrella of protection of the Scindias, he'll never grow into a man that he wants to be.  For guy who's tied to the anchal of the Scindias, no other step will be enough.

It is interesting how you mention about the conflict about Yash.  I was thinking of it in a different way. For Yash, Prateek is his kid (he has even verbalized it) and Prateek, ever since he chose Yash's bride and got him married, has felt a deep sense of responsibility to the marriage itself. Hence, he's willing to go the length - lie, cover up, plot and plan to bring the two closer.  So, in a way, while Yash has always thought of Prateek as a child, Prateek is in a way redefining his equation to Yash.  When Prateek  refuses help from Yash in dealing with the job situation, or when he refuses to bow down to his brother's commands, or when becomes the bigger man by not choosing to go to Bombay, and finally, by convincing his parents to put the pressure, he plays the elder . I feel beneath all the love, there's a bit of masculine rivalry as well.  When Yash allows Prateek to go to Mumbai, he does the unthinkable (to me at least). He tells Prateek that he'll give him whatever money he needs (is that emasculating or what?) and then when Yash leaves, Prateek plays it back to him.   I thought interesting dynamics there...

Edited by redeye2012 - 10 August 2012 at 4:38am

Telly.Addictnirmalac99angakekriti07Pearl_27saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06pickachu

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:07am | IP Logged
@Sam: Guess my expectations are very high!Embarrassed Also this DC thread helps discuss it out so not being able to be here last night , something kept chewing my brain so had to rant that out of my system.

Now I'm ready to see if this has anything to do with why Yash did not want to come to Mumbai initially. Could the main reason of his refusal that he did not want to subject his family to the gunda log who has a vendetta against the Scindias!

Maybe these gunda log's could be some friends of Arpita too. I know wild imagination and speculation and all that but that idea struck me so putting it out thereLOL

Edited by AngelDark - 10 August 2012 at 4:12am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012angakekriti07Pearl_27saf24SamanalyseInduG64jyoti06pickachu

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:07am | IP Logged
@Samana: Agreed this is heading for a major showdown...but then so what? This will not be so ugly, simply because Aarti will be expecting it. Look, she is stepping onto his toes with her eyes wide open...If she has a plan, it is only to draw him out of his shell...hence, the pottery, the jhula, the bangle scenes...just so he stays involved. And it's not that he is an unwilling participant...he is enjoying interacting with her; in fact, at times, even giving the next cue. So, if at the end his guilt takes over or he gets a hint of what Gayatri had asked Aarti to accomplish and blows his fuse, Aarti can always turn around and repeat what she said in front of that shop... even, if it comes to it, that she is in love with him and that she never expected his love in return. She can darn well concede that it is one sided and that she has never and she will never cross her limits...so there!!! What can Yash say to that? Sooner than later he is bound to realize that she never came onto him and was happy with the status quo...and that can pave way for his own realization.

Edited by InduG64 - 10 August 2012 at 4:12am

Telly.Addictnirmalac99kriti07Pearl_27angakesaf24SamanalyseAngeloScurojyoti06pickachu

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by InduG64

@Angel: You never know, maybe a broken bangle may act as a clue for Yash if Aarti goes missing. He did warn Lakhan not to touch his family...that means Lakhan might. Ermm  
Where's the harm in guessing...especially since we had a bangle scene out of the blue? Tongue

@Indu...

Yippee... A case for our own Yashlock Holmes.  You can do it, Yash. I have faith in you. Wink

Telly.Addictshanrykriti07Pearl_27angakeSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06pickachu

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index