Punar Vivah

9/8 Dragon Club: Joru ka Ghulam, Finally! - Page 27

DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Aah Jyoti- thanks for those pics! Kamal hasan is one of my all time favourite actors. He is in a class of his own. Feels great to see that my other favourite actor's expressions are equally enjoyable.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DMKJ_VB

Kirthi- I agree with everything u said except the pushing thing. Thats one part where I feel otherwise. Yash and aarti both had set rules.Agreed her feelings have changed. But that doesn't mean she should expect Yash to change the rules. And I think she isn't expecting either. She knows they had set some boundaries , and now her feelings have changed and she doesn't want to stick to those boundaries anymore. But she is fair on Yash. She realizes that she should not expect the same with Yash because he had never promised her anything of the kind. 

@Ria, You are right. Agreed with everything you said here. I don't think Aarti is consciously pushing or rather pulling Yash towards her. So let me rephrase it, I do think Aarti is unknowingly pushing Yash to face his feelings for Aarti by being her spirited self. Yes,  Aarti has a plan in that all she wants is Yash to come back to his old self as she has deduced from what Pratik, Vidhi and the rest of the family has told her. I don't think she has any plan whatsoever to make him fall for her. All her giggling and love struck feelings are her own sincere feelings. She does not have any set plans, nor does she think if she does behavior A, Yash is going to change the way he feels towards her. Like Sammy said I think she is happy being in love but will panic if she senses that Yash is returning the feelings then that would force her to bring Prashant into the forefront of her awareness.

And you are so right that Yash need not change his rules because Aarti's rules have changed. But that also mean that Aarti does not always have to abide by Yash's rules just because his feelings haven't changed. And this is where the blow -up I think plays a role where both become aware of how this relationship has changed them and their feelings for each other. That way they eventually can redefine these boundaries and rules for their relationship.
kriti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Nice discussions @ALL that I dont know what to add in actually. 

Aarti Frankly I dont think expects Yash to fall in love with her only wants him to enjoy his life again where he was happy and merrier the way before Arpita passed away though she will face dejection after the whole blowup expected when Yash again may either got back to Arpita land for a moment and the realisation that Aarti is very important in his life now ( I still maintain its not love but just being a part of your life )..

The rest of the family may be expecting her to bed Yash soon and that may be their concept of Yashs happiness for them but frankly I think Aarti is not under such intention at all. She just is falling in love with Yash and wants him to come back out of the DEVDAS mode and enjoy the small pleasures of life. ( hope I am correct, I also have been disappointed with the Aartis love track it was too soon especially the declaration she made to the unconscious Yash it could have been dealt with in a more better manner  they were in  hurry with the 100 episodes and the change in director) but now I am okay with the episodes again can forgive all the small liberties and logicality of the episodes as Indian Television is like that none of the shows actually cover the technicalities and presentations well though they start off with great promos and promises and as of now this show and very few other shows having that continuum though they also lose it in between again come back again lose it again bounce back. So that the way the Indian TV goes I guess.

Edited by phal - 11 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
I hv noticed one thing that most of these shows suffer post couple's confession with the overall story and thats when it goes haywire

So somewhere I m happy that in PV , CVs r not really rushing up with the confession but right now only concentrating on making Yash normal and then slowly how Yash will develop feelings for Aarti ... Once he develop feelings then to realise it and then both trying to confess to each other will also take lots of time because there is a Prashant danger hanging in air ...

So somewhere Mittals hv smartly placed their future track and it will take at least another 6-7 months before AarYa can actually confess  after sorting out Prashant matter and then consummate πŸ˜ƒ
Charishma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aarti is acting very strangely indeed. On one hand she acts like a lovesick puppy by throwing Yash secret looks (so cute btw), and on the other is almost trying to railroad him into this vision of familial perfection that G3 Shobha & Co., have hammered into her heard. She wants that vision, and come hell or high water it will be that way. Her husband will pick her bangles for her, if that is what husbands do. She will make him karela and also eat it herself, if that is necessary.

There are moments when she is in control (like the chooriyan scene, and the karela scene), and then there are those where she seems to have lost her mind (like the bra shopping scene).πŸ˜†
I might be wrong. But I see a division line along these scenes. I'm not so sure Aarti wants to be loved in return. I'm with Samana on this one. It seems she enjoys the feeling of being "in love". She likes the magic and the music that only she can hear. She does try to get closer to him as she promised, but then an opportunity appears to create real intimacy (i.e.: let Yash in on a Aarti secret for once) and she's angry that he dared step foot inside that shop. Don't get me wrong. I loved that episode. My previous essay is evidence πŸ˜†.

There's this Mumbai Aarti, who wears the prettiest anarkali suits, lovely lipstick, and talks ever so sweetly. I'm not saying she's not real. Just that there is a definite divide in how Aarti is acting. Maybe it was just because it was so early in the morning, but I made a little (and maybe completely irrelevant) observation about Aarti's dress during that bra shopping scene. The one where she had not intended to take Yash along. She was wearing one of those plain Aarti nightwear sari's. I took it as further ammunition for my divide theory, ofcourse πŸ˜ƒ. Basically, a pretty girly Aarti for Yash who loved pretty girly Arpita, and a serviceable tried and true Aarti (that goes shopping for serviceable bra's that are only sold in boxes πŸ‘πŸΌ), who gets the job done when there is a job in need of getting done. Both parts complete her. Maybe Yash isn't too far off the mark. Maybe Aarti is unconsciously trying to give him what she thinks he wants. Its sad. Because he likes her well enough. Do you remember the pre-wedding boast he'd made to Pratiek about Aarti and her handy hockey stick? I wish I could jump through the screen and tell her the one thing that would keep Yash's eyed glued to her. Her slightly loud uncontrollable laughter that always slips out during the strangest times. My god, why are these two so bloody adorable???πŸ‘β­οΈ

Somewhere along the way her own mission and the mission that was given to her gets blurred. Her genuine attempts are what draws him close. But there is always an element of "lets wrap Yash in a spell so he will try to get closer to me, because that is what needs to happen". That's why I hate G3 and Shobha interference. They fill her head with garbage. Aarti was doing just fine in the first days of their marriage, when G3 hated her, and Shobha was absentee. Yash checked her out more often than not then. Omg I just remembered the bachelor party lift and carry😳 *Faint*
All she needed help with was the children, and G3 was no help there.

Even though she is in love, and even though she knows it, I don't think Aarti understands (or values) romantic love in the way Yash does. I don't think she has any idea of the type of love that will be needed to have a real relationship with a man like Yash. He is a very all or nothing type of guy. And she's so used to control. Not the fun, I'm an independent woman type of control. But the suffocating, this is how it will be, and no you can't use the bathroom while I'm in the shower (because those things are private) control. She's interrupted Yash time and time again. And he's gotten quite cool about it. But what about her?  She is so very guarded. Am I making any sense at all?? Probably not. Nothing new😎 It's just weird that she is wielding this control while she is in, what she assumes to be, the heights of love. I know that bra scene was cute. But the more I think on it, the more I realize how suspect her reaction was. 

Basically I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I'm pretty sure it's going to be Aarti that closes up this time. She reminds me a bit of a teen crushing on her favourite actor. Dream and sigh in contentment all day long, but as soon as he appears in the flesh, you are guaranteed to act a fool and then wish the ground would swallow you whole. πŸ˜ƒ Or you just faint dead away and wake up with a headache, and the memory of a dream that somehow became a nightmare.

I wouldn't be surprised if she froze up at the slightest signal from Yash that he loves her back. Or even if she threw his love back in his face. Saying something along the lines of "Please don't ruin this. We are such a good team. Why do you have to ruin it with I love you's?πŸ˜• "

But then again, most of my predictions have been wrong in this show lol. And thank you to any who read my essay⭐️

Edited by Charishma - 11 years ago
angake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jyoti06

I hv noticed one thing that most of these shows suffer post couple's confession with the overall story and thats when it goes haywire

So somewhere I m happy that in PV , CVs r not really rushing up with the confession

Jyo, this is exactly what we were discussing yesterday when Red mentioned it seems like CVs have a timeline to achieve goals. I completely agree with that since I also follow their other show though not regularly and that is exactly how they seem to operate. 

While it irritates us to a certain degree I think this is one of Mittal's biggest strengths, that they seem to be so much more organized in what they want to show and when they want to show as opposed to other show writers. And when you are that organized that gives them the leeway to do damage control if the situation requires it. For example, that whole poll thing during Prashant's come back was utter nonsense yet they managed to get past it and stick to the original story. With a lot of other shows if they feel their TRPs are dipping (which I think is absolutely absurd) then to do damage control they bring in tracks that does not have anything to do with the original story or is in direct contract to the premise of the original story. 
Pearl_27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Jyo Awesome A/R🀣Poor chuddiwala couldn't understand Arya's code language.

@All Interesting discussion guys.But I am totally blank,I really don't know what to say.But I seriously want Aarthi to question her love for Yash or I genuinely want Aarthi to get hurt or get into her shell big time and be sad and lonely.
This happy go lucky Aarthi is now irritating me(and she reminds me of a dilogue of Saif in 'love Aaj kal' where he says "I cannot be sad for a long time,I am a defective piece."), though it is increasing Yash's curiosity to know more about her but she is not making him feel needed and, as I said before Yash needs someone who needs him.

One thing that irks me the most is that Yash never thought that how Aarthi is so happy go lucky even though he knows that she too lost someone she loved.
Edited by Pearl_27 - 11 years ago
bbbccc thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Jyoti love A/R post..

He is back to fruits after some action, though his preferences changed. He was one woman errr fruit(apple) guyπŸ˜‰ but no one helping.. Now even Lakhan😑.

BTW she did wear the same color nailpoilish in pot making sequence but that time he was looking more at pink suit think about strawberries, so decided to switch them. Smart girl she knows his mind is not stableπŸ˜‰ yet..
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Veena : Yess thats what I want to say in my A/R too .. Yash too does not know what he wants πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†...when she wears pink , he goes for blue and when she was wearing bluish green nailpaint , he wanted pink πŸ˜†...its the same in the show too , his mind is confused between Arpita's memories and Aarti's Mumbai sudden changed attitude πŸ˜†πŸ˜³...so I m trying to equate my A/R with whats going in the episodes 😳...

@Kirti : Yeahh basically I too watch huge number of shows and I hv always seen shows struggling post confession .. and when I say struggle , it almost means shows going haywire ...Mittals too know this and thats why they r in no hurry to make Yash fall in love  and at the same time I feel they r deliberately making Aarti a dreamy-eyed girl in love so that she too falls and her bubbles too burst soon ... they r not giving a cake walk to this love story .. it will hv lots of hurdles .. characters themselves will make mistakes and will learn from their mistakes and eventually love will happen 😳

@Charishma : I hv the same thoughts about Aarti .. she is just enjoying the phase of being in love .. just doing everything she feels like .. not really thinking or judging its right or wrong .. bas doing it her way in a bindaas manner πŸ˜†πŸ˜³...Her bubbles will burst soon because she is definitely not realising that Yash is nowhere close to fall in love with her ... she is simply building castles in air and it will come falling down soon ... but by the time her castle of dreams come falling down , we might see Yash ka dil going dhak dhak to some extent for sure πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
Charishma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Allbut1

It truly was tragic to see the quality of the show deteriorate so much and so quickly and it's come to the point where I have lost all interest in the show because the magic and spark that used to define it is now all gone!

And this is all Colors fault, this is the second show that they have destroyed (that I watched anyways) and it's because of their thirst to magically add more TRPs. Channel intervention is the worst thing that can happen to a show, it forces it to change the story line, the directors, character sketch, everything and slowly the show becomes completely unrecognizable! And these gimmicks always backfire because the audience can't connect anymore!

Yes, yes and yes. I agree. Colours should've stayed out of it. Its one of the reasons I can't trust Star Plus either. To be honest I didn't watch the newest episodes. I watched every episode until just after Riddhima was introduced. I was in the process of watching that porch scene, where Mohan and Riddhima are standing in his porch and holding hands, and Megha is washing clothes on her porch. And then Manav comes out. I just stopped right there. It was so twisted and gross. And it ruined it for me.

I all of a sudden stopped trusting the writers and the direction of the show. I immediatly visited the IF NBT page (which I hadn't done before because I didn't want the story spoiled), and wow. I feel a little betrayed . Pathetic I know. But there you have it. It was written with so much beauty and feeling, and acted with so much understanding. Mohan may be a little lovelorn and unlucky in love (poor chap), but he is no spineless bigamist. He would never do that to her. More importantly he would never do that to Nahni. Spiderman is a loveable and loyal superhero geek.

My god.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I've lost my mind.  Anyways, thank god for shows like PV. I drop out of it for a few days, drop back in, and its the same feeling. The 20 minutes a day thing kills me. So I often wait for a few episodes to be out and watch them at once.  πŸ˜† But yeah, I'm going to read the plots of shows fully before watching now. No more trusting the writers (except for in PV).