Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Are you angry with Salman, SRK and Aamir (Page 2)

youknowme Goldie
youknowme
youknowme

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

Can't be angry at individual actors, but definitely at the stupid trend of Indian films where the role of an actress is typically that of a damsel in distress or a glam doll. And the moment they cross 30 they are replaced by a newer breed. There are very few films in India that portray middle aged women as leads or with substantial roles. In Hollywood the case is entirely different. We watched Kate Winslet, for instance, in Titanic in the role of a teenager and we watched her a decade later in Revolutionary Road or The Reader as a middle aged woman and she's still going strong. I think the larger blame rests upon Indian society that views women as sex objects and eye-candies and has this mentality that woman becomes a domestic cattle after getting married.

But yeah, Salman Khan needs to retire for good and Shahrukh needs to do roles that suit his age, like that of Chakde India etc.

I think I love you Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

ashna26 IF-Sizzlerz
ashna26
ashna26

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Well not angry. Blame the indian audience!!  But I wish they did. I always want to see Aamir with Juhi again! But I guess It will never happen he is too busy with bikes lol!
lentils IF-Dazzler
lentils
lentils

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:15am | IP Logged
yea! And don't forget Saif. He's no better.

I'm also upset that they don't do multi-starrers anymore. They're too good for multi-starrers. And too selfish to share screen space with another super star. And the way they forgot all the heroines that added so much to their careers back in the day. Losers.
Painted_Lady IF-Dazzler
Painted_Lady
Painted_Lady

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged
whats the point in getting angry with them when we,the public are equally responsible for the discrimination towards heroines. We refer to 30+ actresses like Kareena,Vidya etc as aunties where as some of us call these 45+uncles jaan,lover and the likes! LOLLOL

lentils

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Yes, I am angry with them because they never act in movies that suit their age.

SRK, Aamir and Salman are either as old as my dad and are older than my dad!!

It's awkward seeing them sport six-packs(Aamir in Gajini, SRK's dard-e-disco) . and romance girls that are 10-20-25 years younger than themselves!

I want SRK-Kajol to do a movie... starring as parents of a middle-aged family, with teenage daughters.

Coming to actresses ...IDK, it looks too vague for me to blame it on the Khans. We dont know the exact reasons why the actresses wont do/arent being called for movie roles.
Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by youknowme

Originally posted by Rehanism

Can't be angry at individual actors, but definitely at the stupid trend of Indian films where the role of an actress is typically that of a damsel in distress or a glam doll. And the moment they cross 30 they are replaced by a newer breed. There are very few films in India that portray middle aged women as leads or with substantial roles. In Hollywood the case is entirely different. We watched Kate Winslet, for instance, in Titanic in the role of a teenager and we watched her a decade later in Revolutionary Road or The Reader as a middle aged woman and she's still going strong. I think the larger blame rests upon Indian society that views women as sex objects and eye-candies and has this mentality that woman becomes a domestic cattle after getting married.

But yeah, Salman Khan needs to retire for good and Shahrukh needs to do roles that suit his age, like that of Chakde India etc.

I think I love you Clap

yes . beautiful posts, you come up with... Rehanism Clap 

lentils

don12 Goldie
don12
don12

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -FSH-

Are you angry at these guys for neglecting their old co stars such Juhi , Madhuri or Kajol.
For example Salman is mostly working with actress that have an age under 30 and since Juhi gained age , she was never seen with Aamir. Subsequently was neither Madhuri seen with SRK or Karishma. Makes me sad.
The have a big hand on which actress will join their movies and who their co actress is gonna be , but they are choosing Katrina etc.Ouch

Whats wrong working with young actresses?? Hollywood does the same thing why single out the Khans??

Female stars know their shelf life is very less hence you will find them endorsing brands after brands..attending marriage ceremonies..dancing during new yr events or bacherlotte parties..

No female actor has star power that can be matched with the Khans. And who wants to see old people romancing on screen. Movies is where your fantasies come true.

There is space for cinema which shows the reality of the world but you can't expect each movies to be like that. Movies are larger than life. Movie is a canvas where people paint their dreams on. You can't be dreaming about romancing a 45-yr old mother of two on big screen.
eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top