Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lentils thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
yea! And don't forget Saif. He's no better.

I'm also upset that they don't do multi-starrers anymore. They're too good for multi-starrers. And too selfish to share screen space with another super star. And the way they forgot all the heroines that added so much to their careers back in the day. Losers.
Painted_Lady thumbnail
whats the point in getting angry with them when we,the public are equally responsible for the discrimination towards heroines. We refer to 30+ actresses like Kareena,Vidya etc as aunties where as some of us call these 45+uncles jaan,lover and the likes! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, I am angry with them because they never act in movies that suit their age.

SRK, Aamir and Salman are either as old as my dad and are older than my dad!!

It's awkward seeing them sport six-packs(Aamir in Gajini, SRK's dard-e-disco) . and romance girls that are 10-20-25 years younger than themselves!

I want SRK-Kajol to do a movie... starring as parents of a middle-aged family, with teenage daughters.

Coming to actresses ...IDK, it looks too vague for me to blame it on the Khans. We dont know the exact reasons why the actresses wont do/arent being called for movie roles.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: youknowme

I think I love you ๐Ÿ‘

yes . beautiful posts, you come up with... Rehanism ๐Ÿ‘ 
don12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FSH-

Are you angry at these guys for neglecting their old co stars such Juhi , Madhuri or Kajol.

For example Salman is mostly working with actress that have an age under 30 and since Juhi gained age , she was never seen with Aamir. Subsequently was neither Madhuri seen with SRK or Karishma. Makes me sad.
The have a big hand on which actress will join their movies and who their co actress is gonna be , but they are choosing Katrina etc.

Whats wrong working with young actresses?? Hollywood does the same thing why single out the Khans??

Female stars know their shelf life is very less hence you will find them endorsing brands after brands..attending marriage ceremonies..dancing during new yr events or bacherlotte parties..

No female actor has star power that can be matched with the Khans. And who wants to see old people romancing on screen. Movies is where your fantasies come true.

There is space for cinema which shows the reality of the world but you can't expect each movies to be like that. Movies are larger than life. Movie is a canvas where people paint their dreams on. You can't be dreaming about romancing a 45-yr old mother of two on big screen.

Originally posted by: Rehanism

Can't be angry at individual actors, but definitely at the stupid trend of Indian films where the role of an actress is typically that of a damsel in distress or a glam doll. And the moment they cross 30 they are replaced by a newer breed. There are very few films in India that portray middle aged women as leads or with substantial roles. In Hollywood the case is entirely different. We watched Kate Winslet, for instance, in Titanic in the role of a teenager and we watched her a decade later in Revolutionary Road or The Reader as a middle aged woman and she's still going strong. I think the larger blame rests upon Indian society that views women as sex objects and eye-candies and has this mentality that woman becomes a domestic cattle after getting married.

But yeah, Salman Khan needs to retire for good and Shahrukh needs to do roles that suit his age, like that of Chakde India etc.

Well said!
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
No ...I am not angry with any of these Buddha actors working with actresses half their age...I am angry with myself because i watch these movies and make them a hit...these actors are businessmen...they make what sells...my fault..not theirs..

Originally posted by: blue-ice

No ...I am not angry with any of these Buddha actors working with actresses half their age...I am angry with myself because i watch these movies and make them a hit...these actors are businessmen...they make what sells...my fault..not theirs..

Well said! which is why I have decided not  to watch any of these lameass movies. Not even Shahrukh's upcoming movie. 
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Its true but it has got to do with the actresses themselves as well. For example look at kajol, she still get the khans, A comeback superhit with aamir, another in kjo movie opposite srk. Kajol has had one of the most successful comebacks and has defnitely set an exception here, she has some how managed her contacts pretty well too, still on producer's hit list! As for juhi and others, well juhi herself doesnot want to be paired opposite them more like, She seems to enjoy playing different roles which she hasnt played before, her recent interview she also admits that she is not suitable to be casted as mainstream heroine any more, so more like her choice,

I agree its very unfair to women and its more the audience fault than the khans or others as audience generally like seeing fresh faces in terms of actresses. UN FAIR!

But on positive side actresses have a benefit as well, the pace at which they get popular is far more than actors (keeping aside that the pace they are written off is also pretty fast) But still image katrina who is in industry from 2003 is written as numero uno in so many articles where as Hrithik Roshan who is equally strong in star-power, may be more, has never been given that tag! Actresses do enjoy alot more popularity at their peak nonetheless, more than an actor at the top! top actresses are much more discussed, they make up for their short span by being on constant hit list in their peak!
Edited by koiza.k - 11 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
We can't pin point at the top 3 Khans for neglecting these actresses at all. Indian film industry is a male dominated one unlike Hollywood so male actors are given priority so basically the heroines have not much of a choice in this regard