Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

SP: Sooraj suggests mood foods to help beat stress

A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:54am | IP Logged

Mood foods to help beat stress

With the hectic, busy lives that we lead in today's times, stress is a common phenomenon experienced by one and all frequently. However stress can be combated by the some unique foods that will also help lift your mood. Check out these mood foods that help you beat stress.
STARONE.IN

SoorajSooraj, the famous halwai from Pushkar and a participant in World's Top Chef being held in Singapore says "Many people face stressful situations and they find different ways to fight it. But food too can play an important role in helping you to beat stress. Here are foods that will help you to keep stress at bay.

1) Fruits - Oranges, blueberries, papayas have plenty of nourishing vitamins that refresh and rejuvenate the body, they also have water content and hence having plenty of fruits will keep you happy and healthy.

2) Nuts- Almonds, walnuts are extremely rich in vitamins and zinc and are also a healthy snack. Munch on these in between meals and it will surely keep the blues away.

3) Green vegetables - Green veges like broccoli and spinach are not only healthy but also have folic acid which will help you beat stress and anxiety. So be sure to eat those greens on your plate.

4) Carbohydrates - You can now enjoy your bowl of rice or pasta without feeling too guilty as carb filled foods calm the system and will also satiate your cravings. Carbs tend to keep you full for longer and will help you beat stress.

5) Water - While various foods help relieve stress, water is also a drink that definitely has an effect on your mood. Your body needs enough water and if it does not get it, you tend to get dehydrated which will obviously affect your state of mind. So be sure to drink lots of water as this will keep you in a good mood.

There are many other foods that like sweet potatoes, fish, soy, skimmed milk etc that will help you beat the stress. So do remember to include all of these foods in your diet in a balanced form as they are healthy and will help you stay stress free.

What foods do you have to relieve stress? Do share with us and let us know if like this article.

Thursday, August 09, 2012

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Mum-TajSonarMeyeNisha_abiInandan397b2011nikhilsahai-Ayeshi-BrahmaputraSAIBALROUTH.Ami.

Brahmaputra IF-Sizzlerz
Brahmaputra
Brahmaputra

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
TFS.Smile..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SAIBALROUTH

Inandan397 Groupbie
Inandan397
Inandan397

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
 Tfs !!

LoL we also need to comment there as well , thats the reason TM gives links also 

SAIBALROUTH

hariniatp Goldie
hariniatp
hariniatp

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Nice tips to beat stress...thanks for sharing!

Edited by hariniatp - 10 August 2012 at 12:12am

SAIBALROUTH

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.

SAIBALROUTH

SAIBALROUTH IF-Sizzlerz
SAIBALROUTH
SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for sharing.
A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Inandan397

Tfs !!

LoL we also need to comment there as well , thats the reason TM gives links also 

LOL, but no, that is not the reason I include the links to articles if I post them here. Smile

If I share an article from a site such as StarPlus or TOI (which are allowed in IF) then I put the links as an acknowledgement of where the article came from and to indicate that I didn't write it myself. I also like to include the entire article as it appears in the original source for completeness, so if that includes a line saying "let us know what you think" than it just does. Sometimes people really do like to go back to the original website to comment or look for other DABH (or other show)-related articles (I know I do), so I like to make the links available for other people. The only time I don't include the links to articles is if they are from a rival site such as Tellychakkar - according to IF rules, articles from Tellychakkar (and maybe others?) are not supposed to be posted in their entirety in IF (possibly because of copyright reasons?), and far as I understand it, no TC links should be posted here either. So in this case, I write a summary of the article in my own words (as I have been told to do by mods/dev team members) and acknowledge that the original article is from TC but I don't include the link to the TC website.

I know you are being funny, and you already know why I actually include links, but I thought I'd write this here just in case anyone is wondering... Wink

SAIBALROUTH

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top