Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Silence doesn't equal spineless (Page 2)

chaitali00 Senior Member
chaitali00
chaitali00

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by uktamil

Originally posted by chaitali00

Taking shit is not permissible be it elders ... be it boss... and be it Prime Minister... respecting elders doesn' t mean let them shit on ur head and then put shampoo... Arnav is also respectful but still he's protesting... well I'm not asking Khushi to retaliate in a bad way... but she shud have a firm body language which unfortunately she doesnt... Arnav, Buaji, Garima, Mami, Shyam... anybody has the permission to behave badly with her... this is not good upbringing.. this is lack of self-esteem... 

Respect cannot be demanded but needs to be commanded... the elders should understand that...the world is changing... Respect the one who deserves...

My parents apart from respecting elders also taught me a few more things

• Respect urself then only people will respect u...
  • Be respectful but be strong...
  • And there is something called Democracy...
I guess I had a bad parenting...

You havent been brought up badly or anything. As I explained in my post a person's personality does come into play with how we deal with these things.

One thing I would like to include though is that by being silent doesnt make them weak - infact it takes a lot of strenght and energy to ignore your basic instincts and not shut. And just because your stand up for yourself doesnt make you strong either. it depends on the situation and life experiences to what is strenght and weakness.

I am truly sorry if I have offended you in any wayOuch

arre no yaar... I disagree doesnt i'm offended... but u have to stop people from misbehaving with u... and I have experienced elders taking advantage so maybe ur post struck a wrong chord and I replied so seriously... but this is something I believe from the core of my heart... that even the elders should not be spared...they r the ones who make more mistakes and they r the narrow minded ones... so as a person I dont have a very special respect for elders...

pls dont bash me yaar... i know i overdid... but my thoughts are firm...

No worries - you must have experienced something horrible to feel that way and you are entitled:) No one here is going to bash you for stating your point of view - you wrote it in a nice way without using swearwords so well done Clap

Thanks dear...

Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:03am | IP Logged

Taking shit is not permissible be it elders ... be it boss... and be it Prime Minister... respecting elders doesn' t mean let them shit on ur head and then put shampoo... Arnav is also respectful but still he's protesting... well I'm not asking Khushi to retaliate in a bad way... but she shud have a firm body language which unfortunately she doesnt... Arnav, Buaji, Garima, Mami, Shyam... anybody has the permission to behave badly with her... this is not good upbringing.. this is lack of self-esteem... 

Respect cannot be demanded but needs to be commanded... the elders should understand that...the world is changing... Respect the one who deserves...

You havent been brought up badly or anything. As I explained in my post a person's personality does come into play with how we deal with these things.

One thing I would like to include though is that by being silent doesnt make them weak - infact it takes a lot of strenght and energy to ignore your basic instincts and not shut. And just because your stand up for yourself doesnt make you strong either. it depends on the situation and life experiences to what is strenght and weakness.

I am truly sorry if I have offended you in any wayOuch

arre no yaar... I disagree doesnt i'm offended... but u have to stop people from misbehaving with u... and I have experienced elders taking advantage so maybe ur post struck a wrong chord and I replied so seriously... but this is something I believe from the core of my heart... that even the elders should not be spared...they r the ones who make more mistakes and they r the narrow minded ones... so as a person I dont have a very special respect for elders...

pls dont bash me yaar... i know i overdid... but my thoughts are firm...

No worries - you must have experienced something horrible to feel that way and you are entitled:) No one here is going to bash you for stating your point of view - you wrote it in a nice way without using swearwords so well done Clap

Thanks dear...

No worriesBig smile
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:07am | IP Logged

No, it's not about bad parenting, I agree with your POV. But small town girls are brought up to not react let alone retaliate. So even that cannot be equated with being spineless or lack of self esteem. It is about finding a way to give a message without appearing rude 
Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshicritic

<font color="#006600">Taking shit is not permissible be it elders ... be it boss... and be it Prime Minister... respecting elders doesn' t mean let them shit on ur head and then put shampoo... Arnav is also respectful but still he's protesting... well I'm not asking Khushi to retaliate in a bad way... but she shud have a firm body language which unfortunately she doesnt... Arnav, Buaji, Garima, Mami, Shyam... anybody has the permission to behave badly with her... this is not good upbringing.. this is lack of self-esteem...
</div></font>
<font color="#006600">
</font>
<font color="#006600">Respect cannot be demanded but needs to be commanded... the elders should understand that...the world is changing... Respect the one who deserves...</font>
<font color="#006600">
</font>
<font color="#006600">My parents apart from respecting elders also taught me a few more things</font>
<font color="#006600">
</font>
  • <font color="#006600">Respect urself then only people will respect u...</font>
  • <font color="#006600">Be respectful but be strong...</font>
  • <font color="#006600">And there is something called Democracy...</font>
<div><font color="#006600">I guess I had a bad parenting...</font>

No, it's not about bad parenting, I agree with your POV. But small town girls are brought up to not react let alone retaliate. So even that cannot be equated with being spineless or lack of self esteem. It is about finding a way to give a message without appearing rude

Well said Clap

Go to top