India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I am in a dangerous position today: Salman Khan

New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:28am | IP Logged

In the best phase of his career right now delivering back-to-back blockbusters, actor Salman Khan, however, thinks it is a dangerous place to be in as one does not know what to do next.

"I am happy that my films are doing well. But it is a very dangerous position to be in, as we don't know what to do in the next film. I don't know what to do right now," Salman said in an interview.

"If a script is full of action, and then there is a romantic film...the sudden change from action to romantic makes you wonder how is it going to work, so you don't know what to do," he said.

With three consecutive Eid blockbusters to his credit - Wanted, Dabangg and Bodyguard, Salman is now ready with yet another promising film Ek Tha Tiger.

"If there is a larger than life character in films that I do, then it becomes like no one can kill him...it will get boring. So it is a very dangerous position to be in, like if you take a film to a larger level then it is like too much is happening, if don't take it to that level then it is like first was better. You don't know what to do," the actor said.

Post his back-to-back hatrick with Dabangg (grossing Rs215 crore), Ready (Rs180 crore) and Bodyguard (Rs230 crore), not only the audience but even producers are pinning their hopes on Salman's forthcoming film Ek Tha Tiger.

If there is any pressure of delivering another hit at the box office, Salman is not showing any signs of it.

"I don't feel the pressure...if it does not do well then it does not. We will see it in next film. If a film is good it will do well. If it is a bad film, it will bomb at box office. I believe audience is always right," he said. 

On the Rs100 crore bracket much talked about these days, the actor said, "The Rs100 crore thing is just a PR kind of workshop, talking about (Rs100 crore) collection and all. The person who has come to watch a good film, if he likes it he will come again either with family or friends."

"The number of times he watches the film is good for all of us, for the movie as a whole, the producers, theatre, exhibitors, artists, country and for the economy of the country," he added.

The Dabangg Khan has been achieving success but still feels he is lucky to have got good films.

"I think I have been lucky to have got good films. It is the passion that keeps me going. I like my job and it has turned into my hobby and I enjoy doing it," he said.

In his 24-year-old career in Bollywood, it is for the first time that he has teamed up with Yash Raj Films for Ek Tha Tiger.

On the association, the 45-year-old actor says, "There is right time for everything. And Ek Tha Tiger came at right time and place. Why I took so long, it is like asking why you are born now, why not later on?"

The story of Ek Tha Tiger lured Salman towards the film.

"It was the script that attracted me to do this film. The script, Kabir Khan as a director and Katrina Kaif in the main lead, title Ek Tha Tiger, then I play a RAW agent, Yash Raj production, all these things were enough for me to go ahead with the film," he said.

Featuring Katrina Kaif in the lead with Salman, the movie releases on August 15.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Charmed-bambogli

Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged
I am in an anal position today: Salman Khan

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 2direct.

ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:45am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-Robin- IF-Stunnerz
-Robin-
-Robin-

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 2direct.

ROFL
bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top