Arhi SS: A Crack in the Mirror Chp 8 Updated - Page 27

Posted: 11 years ago
Just read all the chapters in one go.. Loved it..
Khushi has such a bad past behind her, its not easy to let it all go so easily...
Arnav teasing her all along the ride was enjoyable for meπŸ˜‰ though it pissed off Khushi like hell..
I like his determination..
So Arnav knows about her through his mother.. Both of their mothers were friends..😊
Arnav's past is yet to be revealed.. And I'll wait for that..
This is so interesting... Eagerly waiting for next update...😊
Well surprise, surprise. An update has come your way lovelies. I already decided the plot for this, which I am super glad about. No more confusion so I represent to you chapter 8. 

Chapter 8

Life.

From the dawn of time, life has been a mystery to man.

The moment we breathe new air in to our lungs, we face life.

Age does not matter when life is been faced.

Either it is good or bad,

Ever since I can remember my life began with an obstacle. It didn't matter if I was only a baby, no, I still had to face it either way. Somehow along the way I learnt to accept that, and here I am today facing life yet again. Somehow this is much more terrifying than I have ever experienced. Today I am facing the dilemma of running away from someone that is hunting me down. Some one who is bold enough to enter my zone of secrets. 

2 months passed ever since the encounter between Arnav and I.

His annoying presence followed me everywhere; library, class, cafeteria, outside, literally everywhere. There was no escaping him no matter how much I tried. What was even more disturbing was the fact that he never uttered a word to me. All he ever did was gaze at me, and study me closely, which sent shivers down my spine; shivers of pleasure.  However when I thought things couldn't get much worse than  that; it did.

Sunday afternoon, Skylar, Kellie, and I were relaxing in the lobby area. Surprisingly, I have learnt  to become a little comfortable with them. Honestly speaking I actually liked them. Maybe it was because every time I watched them joke around, it made me feel  a bit at peace. Perhaps it was because there was love exchanging between their gazes. Secretly I loved it, but at the same time, I despised their bond. My eyes only witnessed anger, hurt, abuse and betrayal; love never existed .

''So Khushi are you going?'', Kellie asked me in her sweet voice, disrupting my train of thought. There was an awkward silence from my side, and I forced a smile. ''Uh, of course totally,'' I replied uncertain about what they were speaking about. Kellie smiled widely and clapped her hands gleefully.

Corner of my eye I saw Skylar roll his eyes at her, yet I saw the gleam of adoration in them, as he stared at her happy face.  Then he turned to face me, and mouthed, 'you have no idea what we were talking about huh.' I awkwardly smiled at him and nodded a 'no.' Kellie frowned, and gave me a questioning look. ''Well the dance will be awesome, don't you think Khushi?,'' Skylar smirked asking me. My eyes turned to large saucers.

''Wait, what? A dance? Huh.''

Kellie sighed, ''Khushi you weren't listening. Yes we were talking about the upcoming dance. It is a Christmas dance, and everyone is going. Oh my gosh it is going to be so beautiful!  You are coming right?'' I gulped; a Christmas dance? The thought made me almost laugh mockingly. Never in my life have I ever been to a dance. Not that I would have been allowed anyways, thanks to my wonderful father. Ever since I could remember, school dancers were just another experience, as a teenager I've missed.  My parents never really cared, and I honestly didn't like crowded places.

''Honestly Kellie I don't think-''

''A dance? Well of course she would go!,'' a deep, husky known voice spoke, cutting me off. He entered the room, dressed in his usual fashionable attire, smirking at me sending more shivers down my spine. I narrowed my eyes, viciously glaring at him, hoping he would crumble in to ashes, leaving the face of the earth. However I am not that lucky so he remained unharmed.

''I was speaking!,'' I said through my gritting teeth. He ignored my comment, and sat next to Skylar, both of them giving each other high fives. Yes, maybe I should have mentioned that they became good friends, which was more than a nightmare to me. Kellie smiled at their exchange and turned towards me again. ''You will come won't you Khushi?,'' she asked me, her voice sounding so hopeful. But I was a straightforward woman so I shook my head indicating a 'no'

Kellie's eyes dropped to the floor in disappointment. The pit of my stomach felt guilt building up, but I ignored it. She will understand... eventually, I hoped.

On other hand Arnav raised his eyebrow at me, which I glared back to. Somehow whenever he was around, my entire body would tremble with heat. I still couldn't figure out what it was, and I didn't want to.

''Are you afraid to go to the dance?''

''No Arnav I am not scared to go to the bloody dance. I just don't want to!'', I replied angrily, suddenly unable to control my temper. My limit was lowering. He shrugged, unaffected by my outburst, ''well why don't you want to go?''

''It is none of your damn business!''

''I am making it mine,'' he simply replied, boiling each speck of my blood, travelling through my veins. Closing my eyes, I took slow deep breaths. He was not going to affect me, and I was not going to let him. Yes, I am just going to breathe in, and out, breathe in, and out.

''Fine, if you're not scared prove it. Go to the dance.''

My eyes snapped open, ''excuse me?'' He smirked once again, raising his perfect eyebrow. Skylar had an amused smile etched on his face, while Kellie stared at Arnav with wide eyes.

''That's right, if you're not scared then prove it by going to the dance.''

''I don't have to prove anything to you.''

''So you admit you're scared.''

''No. I. am. Not.''

''Prove it.''

''How is this?,'' Kellie asked, turning me towards the mirror. My eyes travelled up down my body, grasping the image that was presented in front of me, in the mirror.

The breath inside my wind pipe stopped moving at the sight.

What I saw wasn't who I was supposed to be.

The person I saw in the mirror was a different woman, with another face proclaiming genuine beauty.

''Oh Khushi... you look so beautiful,'' Kellies whisper brushed my right ear.

She held my shoulders, smiling at my reflection in the mirror.

''You look beautiful too Kellie, '' I whispered looking at her gorgeous blue strapless dress, that fit her like a glove. She blushed, her eyes downcast, and smiled shyly up at me.

''Do you think Skylar will like it?,'' she asked, her voice suddenly sounding very insecure.

I turned around to face her with a smile.

''I would think he is a complete dog if he won't''

Kellie sighed, ''I know.. maybe I am being silly... It's just I am nervous. He has been my best friend forever...''

Curiosity got the better of me when I asked, ''Do you guys always go to dances together?''

Kellie gave me a sad smile, ''yeah, yeah we do... I guess it is a tradition between us.''

I raised an eyebrow, ''If you go to every dance together why are you nervous?''

She gulped and began to fiddle with her thumbs.

A stray tear dropped from her eyes to the floor.

''Because soon he will find a girl friend, and I will only be a memory in his life.''

Unwanted emotions erupted at the pit of my stomach hearing her comment.

She was right, sooner or later  we all become someone else's memory.

What's worse is when we expect something in return, but all we get is disappointment.

I walked over to her and titled her cheeks.

My thumb wiped the tears that were gliding down her cheeks.

She tried her best to smile, but it ended up in a sob.

And that was when I realized; Kellie the crazy girl that always smiled was actually dead inside.

Minutes of silence followed after Kellie and I decided that it best if we went in to the dance all.

We held each other's hands for reassurance and walked slowly to the dance hall, which was located at other side of campus.

Once we arrived, the huge wooden doors opened welcoming us to the beautifully decorated grand hall.

It seemed as if I entered a Christmas card; there was not an empty place, which wasn't filled with a Christmas decor. Each corner was lit up with red, and white candles. Wreaths were hanged at each long window, Christmas trees lit up with loads of ornaments covering the entire tree. Gentle white flakes of snow dropped down from the sky as my eyes watched out the long glass windows. And the light from the candle gave out a beautiful glow to the entire hall.

Many students were already inside, chatting with their friends, or drinking juice. While Kellie went  searching for Skyler, my body began to fill like hot coals were gliding up my smooth skin.

My eyes roamed around trying to figure out where he was, but I saw no one. Yet the heat in my body increased more and more as I stood in the middle of the hall, searching for his cursed face.

''Looking for me?,'' hot breath whispered down my back, jolting currents up my spine.

And ladies and gentlemen, he has entered the building.

Short update huh, well lets make a deal shall we ;) The next chapter is going to be a hot one.. if you ALL comment I will update that one this weekend. Already written it sweet hearts so... Deal? :D 

Wanna read a pre-cap?

He pulled me closer, leaving no space between our bodies.

Chests heaving against each other, tingles travelling back and forth.

His strong arms wrapped around my waist, tight and firm.

''What are you doing,'' I whispered, shaking from head to toe.

He leaned his face closer, hot breath washing down my face when he whispered,

''I am dancing with you.''

PS: Sorry if I didn't describe the dresses. For some odd reason I just couldn't explain them in words, especially Khushi's dress. Oh and their hair styles are exactly like the pictures. Once again sorry, I just couldn't explain em. I have done before, but today I just couldn't.

Anyways, ENJOY and if you want the next update, well you guys know what to do. The more comments, the faster the next update will be. ;)

Am first yeah...Finally u gave the update...loved it...oh omg i don't know y i had tears in my eyes after reading kellie and khushi's part...beautifully written...wow update on weekend totally unexpected...anyways waiting for that...thanks for pmEdited by muzaffarhssn5 - 11 years ago
Finally u updated... πŸ₯³πŸ₯³was eagerly waiting for it...

loved this update nd khushi's dress...❀️❀️ do update soon...😊😊
why is she always angry at him??
she's covering up her love for him with hatred i guess.
gosh the precap...you're such an evil woman muthu..im waiting with bated breath for the next update..
can i have it asap...pleeeaaase...
The "memories" part got tears to my eyes..πŸ˜’ So much of a situation we are in at the moment.. Waiting for the next update.. ❀️
its so sweet update 

love it 

one day khushi throw something on arnav head LMAO
hahaha

hot update coming 

update soon
Nowadays every time you update first thing i say is "finally"...so keeping with the traditions...
FINALLY !!!!!
Ooo loved the dresses...they both are gonna take everyone's breath away!!
So as much as she tried she just couldn't ignore him??? Good for herπŸ˜ƒ...
Waiting very eagerly for the weekend!!!

Thanks for the PM

Thank you for updating, hope we get the next one before Christmas... Khushi still has a lot of anguish within her and sense the same form Kellie, but a glad they are going to the dance looking so stunning Khushi surely a vision- lady in red... Arnav is a real trooper not giving up on her at all... look froward to hot romance in your next update to ease the cold NY days...

Hey!

This was a really good update.

Written well 😊

As for Khushi's dress, well I can imagine her loookiiinnng fiiineee ... mmm ... hmmm  πŸ˜‰ ... What a beautiful dress and Khushi, ... welll lets say stunning!

Khushi deserves a real shot at happiness. If that is with Arnav, then I'm all up for it.
I cannot wait for the next part already!