Arhi SS: A Crack in the Mirror Chp 8 Updated - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
Wow!! That was hell scary!! :O You write with so much passion that it becomes real!! :) πŸ‘
It was so intense and scary
I had goosebumps all over...this is one hell of a story
Girl I'm your fan,your writing is so powerful πŸ‘
it was brilliantly written...πŸ‘
do continue soon...thanks for the pm!
Edited by amyrocks - 11 years ago
Thank you all for the lovely comments :) 
Thats sooo intense yaarrr
vry intesnse update...waiting for next update...
It's  so interestingπŸ˜›...a very beautiful n capturing start,indeed...Dalmuthiya,ur style of writing is so differentπŸ˜ƒ
One word Volderbear: Intense!!

I love your writing! It is so mature!!! This SS is going to rock :)
Another chapter written! yay! :) I hope you guys like this one and please comment and like if did so. It helps me write and I don't want to bore you guys. Lol And for the previous comments, thank you! :) 

Anyways a fun fact: Original name of this girl was actually going to be called Paradise Grace Thorne :) It's from the song Paradise by Cold Play. Check it out!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg[/YOUTUBE]

This song explains my character a lot. 

Chapter 2 

3 years later'

Haunting memories penetrated my mind the moment I entered.

Darkness and the sorrow still lingered as I once remembered. Nothing has changed even after 3 years. The painful events were scared right in to this house. My gaze travelled all across the now empty house. Once, it was occupied by a family that was destroyed to begin with and now it was occupied by their tormenting past. None of these memories will be washed away from my life. It was there to stay until my last breath. 

"Are you ready to go Khushi?"

I wiped my tears and turned around to see Tami behind me. There was a sense of sadness seeping through her old, but wise eyes. After these events unfolded I lived with her for these 3 years. Just as once before she took care of me, as I was her own daughter. These past 3 years was a challenge for her. No matter how much she tried to erase the pain from my heart it was no use. Her attempts were drowned right under. The sight was painful to watch, but I couldn't help it. Changes occurred and I was shut down. Wrath was my only escape. 

"Yea, I am ready Tami."

I saw her eyes travelling across the empty living room and once again they captured my own. She was begging me to let go, but we both knew better; I was never going to let it go. 

"Are you ready to let go Khushi?" Her voice sounded desperate.

Flashes of the past played in front of my mind again.

The fighting's,

The beatings,

The drinking,

The fire,

The murder 

Anger resurfaced in to my body and I clenched my fists. 

"No, I will never let it go. A man that was supposed to love me destroyed my life and that will never be forgiven."

"Khushi, he's dead and gone. What is the point holding on to the past that is clearly changing you in to someone else?" 

I turned away from her gaze and gritted my teeth. She was right, I was turning in to someone else; almost in to the same person he was. But I had no choice. Reality and life made me this way. Cruelties of my family finally entered in to my own body. This was my fate. 

"I had no choice and you know it." 

"At that time you didn't, but right now you do. Are you going to let the past control your actions now, or are you going to let it go and move on to a better life. What is your decision?"

"My decision was made long time ago Tami." 

"And that would be?" 

"I will never forget and this was my fate. So I am going to live according to how it was written. I am molded right in to this past Tami and I will stay molded. Nothing will change my mind. The coldness that I feel is a part of me now. It is who I am." 

Tami sighed and walked out. My words hurt her, but it was the truth. Nothing can change that anymore and nobody on this earth will. One last time I took in the sight of the dark house.

I knew it was time; time for me to leave and take this torment with me. 

"Do you have everything?" 

Tami asked me once again checking through all my baggage's. I couldn't help, but roll my eyes at her. 

"Yes Tami I do. Quit worrying so much. Now give me a big hug before the train leaves." 

Tami froze and slowly looked at me. Her brown eyes were filled with tears and I felt tears of my own roll down. After so many years of being together we were going to be separated. No matter how much coldness took over my heart it would always melt for Tami; my only true family. Without hesitating I pulled her old frame right in to my arms. Tears were soaked in to my sweater, but I didn't mind because I was doing the same to her. 

"Don't forget me Khushi."

I held her tighter when she said that. How could she even possibly think I would? The mere thought of it destroyed my already broken heart. 

"Do you really think I would Tami? You know how much I love you. You're like my own mother; no, you ARE my mother." 

She pulled away from the hug and cupped my face. Tears were smeared all across her face, but yet the pleasant essence to her never left. Tami will always look an angel to me. 

"Promise to take care of yourself' and please try to let go..." 

My gaze dropped to the floor. If I said 'I promise' I knew it will be an empty one, but I still whispered,

"I will try." 

She knew I was giving an empty promise, but she still nodded her head. 

"Call me when you get there."

"I will and you better take care of yourself Tami." 

Tami smiled and took my hand. 

"You know I do Khushi. Now go and make me proud. Study hard and start a new life." 

A slight smile graced my face at her words. Going to university wasn't an idea I was comfortable with, but I knew it was my way to make Tami proud. If I couldn't give her the satisfaction of letting go of my past, at least I will make her proud educational wise. 

"I love you Tami." 

I kissed her one last time on the cheek and the train honked. She nodded at me to proceed and I grabbed my baggages and stepped inside the train. 

A new journey was about to begin, but yet I felt like the entire world was on my shoulders. 

The train ride to Highlands was pleasant. Sceneries of greenery were passed by every second. It was a beautiful sight. I closed my eyes and relaxed for the long journey. Leaving Tami behind has left a hole inside my heart. Even though I knew distance will never break our connection at the back of my mind I was afraid. Tami was old, but she was strong, yet with everything I went through it has put a toll on her. Taking this step was my only way to please her. 

If Tami didn't exist in my life I'd almost think that I was a mistake. A mistake that wasn't supposed to happen, but sadly did. Sometimes I feel so lost and I don't even know why I keep going. Physically I haven't killed myself, but emotionally I have already died. But I knew I had to keep going, for Tami. She was the sole purpose to why I was living; only person that I will fight to bring a smile upon. I clenched my fists as I felt my anger resurfacing again. This happened to me every day. At random points my temper would go so high and I begin to get urges to knock someone out. 

Tami was right. Every day I was turning in to him. Unwanted anger and hatred always came back and forth. I couldn't even control it anymore. There were times where I would get so angry I had to punch a boxing bag for hours. The sensation was tormenting, but I didn't bother to fight it. Hatred was a part of me and that was all I saw from the moment I was born. So that is exactly what I will give back to the people. The more it is shown, the more they get pushed away. 

"Deep in thought I see." A husky voice whispered at me.

The voice startled me to point that I actually almost jumped off my seat. Breathing extremely deeply I looked at the stranger in front of me. It was a man around my age. He was slouched on the seat with a slight smirk gracing his face. It took me a while to study him. His features were sharp, but they were stunning. Deep brown eyes that were hidden under his long dark lashes stared at me with a hint of amusement present in them. A sharp defined jaw with sight stubble and pink lips smirked down at me. His hair was cut well, but it looked incredibly handsome on him. My eyes narrowed at this sight. He was dressed in a leather jacket, black jeans and a red scarf, wrapped around his long neck. The man was handsome, I couldn't deny it. 

"From where did you come from?" I asked sharply because I did not like being startled. 

He straightened from his seat and leaned a little forward. The corner of his mouth still held the smirk, which irked me more than I could explain. 

"I entered while you were muttering under your breath and sleeping. From what I saw I

decided it was better if I didn't disturb you." 

I glared at the stranger.

"But yet you did disturb me." 

His smirk still didn't leave his face. 

"I had to since we are almost at Highlands." 

"Yeah, well, whatever. I am going back to sleep." 

Just as I was about to close my eyes the train honked and I felt us coming to a slow stop. The scenery outside froze and my eyes widened. 

We were here. The next step to my new journey. 

Edited by Dalmuthuya - 11 years ago
Awesome update...loved it
I was feeling bad for khushi,this story is indeed quite intense
So now khushi is heading towards a new life
that will be something interesting to read...
the stranger in the train was Arnav,I guess
do continue soon...thanks for the pm!
That was superb and interesting part
this story indeed very intense..loved it
do continue soon