The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

There are many posts coming up in the forum defending Rajni and asking why some members are quitting the show and why the same members want Rajni kicked out of Vaishnav parivaar. πŸ€”

Let me clarify for once and for all.  I am one of the members not watching anymore because the track is simply illogical, too illogical even for a daily soap on TV!   I have made quite a few posts venting my frustration here on the forum, but I don't think even once I have said that I want Rajni kicked out of the family! πŸ˜²

As to why I have quit the show is because the CVs have messed up Rajni's character royally.   This is the first soap among those I have watched that one of the leads is being messed up like this; this kind of thing usually happens to one of the supporting characters.   Rajni was introduced as a gharelu, simple, god-fearing girl.  But suddenly overnight, she underwent a transformation of being a dominating, nosey-parker kind who interfered in everyone's business whether it was required or not.  She took matters into her own hands for the Vishaal track, she preached and tried to teach a lesson to the whole family during the factory strike track and came out mahaan in everything.   As an audience, I did not buy Rajni's mahaanta but the Vaishnav parivaar certainly did.  Everyone praised her to the skies for being so good!  Mahaanta is certainly overhyped in soaps, so most of us accepted it for better or for worse.  πŸ˜•

Then what happens?  Rajni develops a dark side to her character - she turns out to be a surrogate mother in her teens and goes running after the child she had when she finds the child has lost its mother.  She lies right, left and center to her family (who think so highly of her) about meeting Aryan.  Later she says she thought that her mother had disclosed the truth to them.  If she assumed that, why did she lie so much?  She told the truth only when she was cornered and had no other option.  So Rajni changed from a gharelu, simple girl to a dominating, self-righteous woman to a liar who hid such a big thing ------ and all this while the family treated her so well and put her on a pedestal! πŸ˜‘

Then after the truth is out, she shows an even more distasteful aspect of her character.  Instead of showing remorse for the serious mistake she committed, she becomes flippant and decided to take it as a challenge to win back the family through strange means, instigated by her sis-in-law who has never been serious in her life.  Her scene with Faiba in the kitchen and then her appearance at the office just shows that she is not thinking of the family's hurt, she is only thinking of herself and assuming that they did not let her go, so they, especially Krish, love her too much and so they will come around soon.  She is so full of herself that she cannot see the woods for the trees!  And in the process, the CVs are ruining Namita's character as well.  Could they not have shown Rajni's repentance in some other way?  Was this farce necessary?   

So we are not against Rajni having been a surrogate mother, we can sympathise with her as it was shown it was not her fault she ended up having a baby before marriage.  But we don't like the way she is behaving now or has behaved in the past.  To be frank, I feel sorry for Shrenu because this was not the role she auditioned for or accepted.  I feel she would have done a good job in the original role as I liked Rajni as she was shown in the beginnng, but Shrenu is not able to deliver the goods on this change in character and it shows, which just adds to the viewer's irritation.   Even with a surrogate mother track, there was no need to change Rajni's character so much - it was absolutely unnecessary! 

This is the last time I am posting on this subject.  I am giving up the show until the track changes to something better and will just read updates until then.  I am tired of Rajni and just cannot watch it anymore.  πŸ˜­

Now if the CVs redeem themselves and show that Rajni is actually a dark character πŸ˜‰and she was pretending earlier to be gharelu and that she did all this to take revenge on Vaishnav family for some insult in the past,πŸ˜ƒ then I can accept this Rajni! πŸ˜† Not that it would make a great track, but at least, we could say the show is different for having a negative female lead! πŸ˜›  

Amen to that.πŸ₯±

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hunybutt thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i also used to read updates only because i dun like the way this track is goingπŸ˜›...and i want paulomi to get back in the show 
Choco_Cosmos thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Edited by gulkie-act - 11 years ago
Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I second every word you said Shobs.

Its no fault of Shrenu if Rajni's character is so messed up.. bechari, she tries to do justice to what is scripted for her, its so unfair to blame her. But people who developed Rajni's character are either mentally unstable, or are so arrogant to think the audiences are total "gaay"s, believing everything they'll show.

Or, like you said - they are the first showmakers with a female villain! πŸ˜ƒ
jasmine477 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I agree with U Tanu...they are the first cvs who are making the show's female lead villain🀒 and this is the fist gaurav's show where i hate his his heroine...very sad

ssroomani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Thinker_Belle

I second every word you said Shobs.

Its no fault of Shrenu if Rajni's character is so messed up.. bechari, she tries to do justice to what is scripted for her, its so unfair to blame her. But people who developed Rajni's character are either mentally unstable, or are so arrogant to think the audiences are total "gaay"s, believing everything they'll show.

Was chatting with Hinu at Ratlam and the idea expanded in my brain!   Now that I have stopped watching the show for a bit, my brains have stopped curdling I think!  πŸ˜†

Let us say Rajjo is really evil.  She had some harm done to her in the past by Vaishnav family or at least she thinks so.   So she plans on revenge.  On finding out who Yashoda is, she goes out all to impress her ( and we get our YashRaj πŸ˜³ πŸ˜†).   She also tries her tricks on Krish, looking all innocent and lamb-like.  She takes a chance and it happens like she wants it (soaps mein kuch bhi chalega! 🀣)...Krish falls for her and the marriage takes place.   So far so good!  πŸ˜‰

After the marriage, her true colors begin to emerge.  She takes advantage of the factory workers strike and kills 2 birds with one stone.   She causes Krish's dream project to break, but at the same time becomes "mahaan" with the family!  πŸ˜ƒ  She also ferrets out Vishaal's adoption secret...she must have planted Uma on purpose to help her!  πŸ˜²

Then the bubble breaks!   She also has a secret past and that comes out in front of the Vaishnav family and now she is in the doghouse!   Luckily, she has a sis-in-law whose brains are used to cooking up pranks and who is ready to support her.   So she sails into her next avatar...that of a bahu determined to win the family's trust back (which is very important for her mission in V house! πŸ˜†) and now we are seeing all this drama!  

I said this topic would be my last post here for the time being, but I had to share my ideas to save the show!  πŸ˜›  πŸ€£

To make it even better, the CVs should link the surrogacy past with the Vaishnavs...then our brains can get fried again!  πŸ€£ πŸ€£
Edited by ssroomani - 11 years ago
ssroomani thumbnail

And of course, the CVs must tie it all up with the title of the show...πŸ˜›

So what should happen is that Krish hates her and wants her out but the rest of the family get fooled by her and so they decide to conduct her marriage again.   πŸ˜ƒ

Then the bhanda phodofies at the time of the wedding and the bride ends up in the right kind of "sasuraal"  ensuring a happy ending!  πŸ€£  πŸ€£

Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Omygosh saasuma!!  What a diabolical twist!! πŸ˜ƒ  This is the most interesting and twisted storyline that can ever be, I tell you!

So according to you Rajni isn't trying to win back Krish's affection, but she's trying to destroy him.. Untill she gets an evidence about Vaishnav parivaar's innocence in what happened/may have happened to her/her family, she will play a double game. Afterwards, when she comes to know of Krish's un-involvement in the crime, she really falls in love with him πŸ˜ƒ

Oh Shobs, I jope CVs are reading this and they'll get some inspiration!!
ssroomani thumbnail

Tanu, read my last post as well...it should tie up with the title, right?  

Let us make it really hatke...the female lead should remain evil to the end!  πŸ€£
PrincessRu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved your post SSroomani!!

So damn true, every word!!

She's prancing around like some 12 year old in Krissh's office with that irritating smile plastered on her face like she's made a small mistake and is trying to make up for it. Royally irritating. 

Also, I hate how theyre showing that yashodha is slowly getting impressed with her efforts. Like WTH?  She does her duties normally and thats enough to undo what she lied about? By just making strawberry kheer???

Do you know that thousands of working women cook a full meal before they leave for their families and in-laws...

This show is so not going to survive. And its so confusing how they keep showing the parallel track with Aryan. Aryan's dadi who entered the show is quite a popular character so deff something will be cooking there. But as of now KriJni failll!! Rajni does not DESERVE Krissh!!!

This show should be renamed PUNAR BYAH HAMAARE BETE KA and get Krissh remarried!!!