Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

"Wedding's on" - Kareena breaks her silence

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
In her defense, she really hasnt spoken about it until now.

Kareena finally breaks her silence on her wedding

First, they said she would wed in October. Then, rumours spread that her marriage to actor beau Saif Ali Khan was delayed, called off, and then, happening in Copa Cabana' Ask the bride-to-be herself, and she asks with a grin, "What if we're already married and nobody knew? I could have been married for years and not told a soul."
Kareena Kapoor admits Saif has been dodging public events to avoid questions on the shaadi of the year, adding, "It's sad, my marriage has become a national joke. The wedding's on, but beyond a point, I don't think my fans or media need to know more."

Having your every move followed on national news could drive any sane individual crazy, and the leading lady is no exception. "Other people can walk in and out of films, drop people from their lives, and nobody says anything. I do anything, and it's all over the news channels and Twitter. It's nice to be so important, but sometimes I feel like saying, 'back off!"

Now focusing her attention on her upcoming magnum opus, Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine, the actor insists that she's prepared even if the film fails. "In my career, there's been so much failure, that I don't think anybody is better prepared for it than me. But while this movie (Heroine) is not flawless, I know that it will be a success. I've seen the film's rushes and I've never looked this good."

SHOWSTOPPER
On Tuesday, at the Grand Finale of Lakme Fashion Week, Kareena walked the ramp wearing designs by Kallol Datta and Pankaj & Nidhi. The veteran showstopper admits it was a huge departure from her usual style, saying, "I didn't wear a typical sari or a regular dress. It was something bizarre and dramatic. My personal style tends more towards comfort wear." Ask if she stuck to any special diet to stay slim for the show and she answers in the negative, adding, "Lakme signed me on to be a star, not a model."

Source: Hindustan Times

Edited by desigal90 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This woman bitches about everyone and then says stuff like 'back off' lol 
desigal90 thumbnail

Confession. I leak all IF info and tweets to Bebo. I'm a secret agent. I go by Agent D. There, now you know. ☺️

So MDfan on IF checked out the bookings of the Pataudi Palace on the website and posted that the palace is completely booked from end of Sept. till 21st October... 

Woot woot, seems like the October 16th date is still on. She didnt postpone her wedding at all!
Edited by desigal90 - 11 years ago
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
she still hasnt given a date

now i have a feeling they are married already!
desigal90 thumbnail
Originally posted by: koiza.k

she still hasnt given a date

now i have a feeling they are married already!

Its definitely the original one. I'm pretty sure.
I think she and Saif freaked out when Sharmila & Soha gave out definite dates, coz it was a bit TOO official. It got to a point that she almost lost her cool at the Sony VAIO press conference and I could tell she was getting annoyed. She completely ignored all questions, especially when the press directly asked her about a confirmation on the wedding date.
I noticed since then, Saif denying the date, saying nothing's confirmed, etc etc. Sharmila and Soha have completely shut up since then and are refraining from giving out any more statements, coz apparently Saif had a talk with them.

And you know what else I think? Remember that article about Kareena getting cold feet and postponing the wedding? I think she had her PR circulate that news around to throw people off her trail. She really doesnt want the marriage overtaking everything right now. 
But then it got to a point that it started to sound like she had cancelled her wedding, and articles like "Kareena chooses career over Saif" started pouring out. So she's finally opened her mouth to say, look its on, but beyond that, I'm not gonna say anything.
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Are they married or not married? Are they going to married this year or next year?  Have they finished their honeymoon or not. Oh god this is dam confusing please give us some hope and light.

chocobear thumbnail
OMG Kareena🤣

No matter what she says or does I still can't stop adoring her😆 She is that cute🤗
chocobear thumbnail
Originally posted by: New_nova

Are they married or not married? Are they going to married this year or next year?  Have they finished their honeymoon or not. Oh god this is dam confusing please give us some hope and light.

I won't be confused if their love child pops out of nowhere one day😆
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: desigal90

Its definitely the original one. I'm pretty sure.
I think she and Saif freaked out when Sharmila & Soha gave out definite dates, coz it was a bit TOO official. It got to a point that she almost lost her cool at the Sony VAIO press conference and I could tell she was getting annoyed. She completely ignored all questions, especially when the press directly asked her about a confirmation on the wedding date.
I noticed since then, Saif denying the date, saying nothing's confirmed, etc etc. Sharmila and Soha have completely shut up since then and are refraining from giving out any more statements, coz apparently Saif had a talk with them.

And you know what else I think? Remember that article about Kareena getting cold feet and postponing the wedding? I think she had her PR circulate that news around to throw people off her trail. She really doesnt want the marriage overtaking everything right now. 
But then it got to a point that it started to sound like she had cancelled her wedding, and articles like "Kareena chooses career over Saif" started pouring out. So she's finally opened her mouth to say, look its on, but beyond that, I'm not gonna say anything.

well she is justified

she is an actress and if news of her wedding date gets leaked 6 months before the wedding she can lose on lots of projects. I think so too that the date is not changed, its just they want to tell it some weeks before the actual date so that it does not come between their projects.

Look at aish, that woman didnt even tell that she is pregnant as she was so keen on working in prestigious projects, bebo is just not speaking up about her marriage and she seems justified, Even saif got ticked off by the constant marriage questions but for actresses it effects in a negative manner hence ZIP IT!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: chocobear

OMG Kareena🤣

No matter what she says or does I still can't stop adoring her😆 She is that cute🤗

I like her too...but she is such a media wh**e.