Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

POORVI KOUTISH Appreciation thread:Mod note Pg6 (Page 7)

niladri05011993 Groupbie
niladri05011993
niladri05011993

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged
I think Vipul will win Indian Idol: Poorvi Koutish
Poorvi Koutish eliminated from Indian Idol

They say good things come in small packages and Poorvi Koutish, one of the top four finalists of Indian Idol season 6, promised to be just that. From Chandigarh, Punjab, Poorvi got eliminated from the show last week. In a tete-a-tete with the versatile singer.

What was your reaction when you heard you were eliminated?
I thought I might cry but I did not. I took it well and I knew it was bound to happen at some point or the other.

How has your journey on Indian Idol season 6 been?
Indian Idol has changed my life. I was busy with my 12th standard and is cored an 87%. Also my grandmother was not keeping well so I never thought I'd end up doing a reality show. But then the auditions happened and I made it to the top ten. I was the first contestant on the show to win Close Up Performer of the Day, that too twice! But things got tough once Kaushik left. I was shocked with his elimination. And for me, every week became a challenge! But on the whole, the whole experience has been fantastic and my I got to experiment in all genres.

Do you think your comfort of singing in songs in a western manner could have been the reason for your elimination?
I tried all genres from a slow number to a qawwali. Obviously if someone's forte is a particular genre, then they will do better than me. But I don't think that was the reason for my elimination.

Are you disappointed that you did not make it to the top three?
I always believe that something better is in store for me because you never know where life takes you.

Why is it that out of all the Indian Idol seasons so far, only one girl has gone on to win the title?
I don't know really. Maybe in India, the whole boys vs. girls issue still holds true. Maybe it's the whole gender issue and I think it's unfair because so many girls deserved it.

Your thoughts on the top four?
I'm very proud of us. We are all from Punjab!

Future plans from here on?
I intend to come back to Mumbai once I complete my studies and playback singing is my dream. I was very clear that if my MBA did not work out, I would get into singing and vice-versa. But Indian Idol has made me very focused. I want to concentrate on signing as a career.

What were the judges' reaction to your elimination?
They were disappointed but Anu Malik encouraged me saying you will work in the industry. I think all the top ten finalists were very deserving because they ere so good!

Will you be in touch with your fellow contestants?
Yes. I will be in touch with Disha.

Who was your favourite judge on the show?
First it was Sunidhi Chauhan. Then it was Sunidhi and Salim Merchant.

Who do you think will win Indian Idol season 6?
I think it will be Vipul because he is versatile. 

Go to top