Phir Subah Hogi

India-Forums

Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

Gulabiya and Delusions of Grandeur (Page 2)

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hillydee

Gulabiya never initially supported Sugni's dream, that is why she ended up almost doing the entire Rai dance in the earlier part of the serial  This is  where Vikram had shown his distaste.  Then Sugni decided no matter what she will never do Rai for Thakurs.  That is when Gulabiya supposedly started supporting her because she realised Sugni was very very serious.  She never even took Sugni's dream serious to leave the community. Please roll back the tapes..Gosh.  It is so annoying to hear Gulabiya was supportive of Sugni's dream from day one. that is so not true.  It was later on. 
It is so annoying when people post emotionally. 
Thanks for the reminder...you are right, she NEVER supported her dreams to leave and escape...while she never planned on her entering the same profession, she did expect her to dance but never pressured her to do it. I do want to say Hilly that your last sentence should be deleted as it does become personal towards certain others and we don't want to go in that direction. It's unbecoming of you Smile

Edited by Laila2009 - 08 August 2012 at 10:24pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

seemasrSandy66muktha_cuteHillylove

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Thanks Laila I deleted it in the original.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 1:59am | IP Logged
I agree with you to a certain extent. What irritates me in Gulabiya's character is that her  devi roop comes out only with Vikram. Her brothers have been trying to sell off Sugni for years, she has never directly confronted them, she just said as long as I dance Sugni doesn't need to. Meaning what? That when I can't dance, Sugni will? I don't remember her saying once, right out, Sugni will never do Rai. But with Vikram its Sugni will never be your wife. Why? Because she knows deep inside that Vik is basically a gentleman, and he won't take unfair advantage of Sugni. Whereas if she confronts her brothers they are perfectly capable of going to Jwala Thakur or some other thakur and getting Sugni sold off secretly, just as they were selling her off. She should reflect a bit on the options she has left Sugni. If, after all this, they are reduced to seeking Adi's (a soon-to-be-married thakur) help, what exactly did she save Sugni from?

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

drtulikacupdseemasrmuktha_cuteSandy66HillyloveLaila2009Vinnie79pyar-ishk

atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Regarding the ring, I wouldn't blame Sugni too much for that. Remember she was getting married, the biggest dream of her life, and suddenly Vik's long dead wife appears. She is devastated at Vik's lying, feeling guilty for disbelieving her mother. Yet she manages to stay fairly calm and leave quietly. Inside she must have been raging with hysteria. So the last ring throw was probably an outburst on her part, a symbolic bidai from Vik. In fact, in her mind, Vik cheated her, hurt her unbearably, so she did the two things she knew would hurt him, pick up her chappals, underlining her bedni status, and reject his mother's ring. Given the magnitude of the previous scene, surely at such a moment she can't rationally think, oh this is his mother's ring, shouldn't throw it, let me find someone to hand it to. So to me the ring throwing was okay, she wanted to hurt Vikram as badly as she could, and she did it.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

survi035ForeverSHINeeKalapiVinnie79pyar-ishkKhatamKahani

Vinnie79 IF-Rockerz
Vinnie79
Vinnie79

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:40am | IP Logged
As Usual great Post  Liala,
   2 points to be noted  in the previous episodes, was  when JIJI said  The first one is:
 1."if it was not for my brother , she would be dancing in front of some thakur, waitning to be sold off!"
Granted the people saying these lines are not the most loved in the show, but the points are VALID!!! (no I am not suddenly a JIJI, hukum and Co. fan ok)
Lailia made the point well, that although Gulabiya's intention was right, she did not think rationally!  Dose that mean she should have sit back and watch her daughter walk into a trap? HELL NO, but she should have known Sugni enough to know if I  push her, she will push back, if I give her an ultimatum she will take it. 
I will say she was a little Jealous,, NOT OF HER DAUGHTER, but  maybe the relationship something she never got from Jwala Thakur. She was constantly pounding it into Suni's head that you are either a wife or a plaything, from the beginning she kept saying it until the end. Even when Sugni  brought back  answers , she was not satisfied. Falshback to :
 G-"will he stay with you? Mark my words he will never marry you!"
S-"Yes he promised to hold my hand/love me for life"
G- "HOlding a hand, is not the same as marriage, will he marry you?"  
S-"Yes he [promised to marry me, one day?"
G-"One day? when will that one day be? 
V_ I give you my VOW  in front of my family I will marry your daughter!!!

That shut her up for a bit, but you could tell she was not happy about any of it, why?? Mother's instinct? disbelief? 
Then she found out  that TVS was hiding a wife!!! that was all she amo she needed to prove that he is no better than the rest of the Thakurs.  She had no bones about barging into his house , insulting him and even physically attacking him...it says alot that not once did he retaliate, which he could have done easily!
Now  any relationship/marriage based on a lie will not last, but there were so many other ways to handle the situation rationally . . The writers made Gulaibya come off as just wanting to prove TVS as being a evil lecherous man and nothing else!  She came out in full blown attack mode and made every one else defensive. If he really wanted to..he could have married her right at the temple when she left her mother's , and she would have done it...then what would have happened?
 So now that she has proven her point, and Sugni is back home, what is the next step? Point 2
 2."If she wounld.t do Rai or Sardahki...what else is there to do??? What will she do??:
Will Sugni go back tolooking for odd jobs around the village? Enduring the stares and whispers of the villagers , and the come-ons of the perverted old men, who will now think she is free game? Better yet, Adi will suddenly take over TVS previous role as protector of the innocent? Ohhh yes these creative writers...!  And off coruse Gulabiya will support him 100% for he is do "Diffrent" from the other Thakurs. !!!
 I will say the situation is complex and you can't give any of these characters 100% wrong for how they react, which is human i guess, we can judge it because we are not in it. But I think if the CV's do not give Vickra_sugni a chance  would be very  wrong. Also I would like to see Gulabiya realize that she was being unfair to both of them by her assumptions!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cupdseemasrSandy66Kalapi-rupa-Laila2009

Sandy66 Goldie
Sandy66
Sandy66

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:19am | IP Logged
SmileExcellent post Vinnie. You made valid point about Gulabia behavior toward Vickram. She was waiting for an opportunity to prove that Vickram was just like all the other Thakurs. After yesterday's episode do you think the CVs will give Sugni & Vickram relationship one more chance or will they go forward with Sugni & Adi romance. That's a horrible idea given the circumstance.
Looking forward to see how the CVs handle this delicate matter
without losing their viewers.Heart

Edited by Sandy66 - 09 August 2012 at 8:18am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HillyloveLaila2009

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged

Laila, the throwing of the ring was a symbolic gesture (especially the way it was shown)…In huindu marriages, the girls takes Vidaai from the Mother throwing the rice behind her (and not looking back again) and telling the mom that by throwing the rice, she (the daughter) is re-paying all her debts to her mom. In some regional Hindu marriages, brides throws away beetel leaves behind her after seeing her groom for the first time, signifying end of bachelorhood and entry into matrimony..here the symbolic representation that Sugnis is moving on and was shown to have similar emotional impact…

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cupdsurvi035Laila2009Dabulls23

-rupa- IF-Rockerz
-rupa-
-rupa-

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Well gulibiya & reva thing really put me off ..i fell good the truth is out .
I agree what u have written . My pov gulibiya approch was really bad . She didnot remember that her life is saved by tvs , sugini was saved from sar dhakhi & he was one to help them when they didn't had food to eat . I wish she could have show some respect considering what he has done & look as how thakur can actually go against his own family & society ...if getting sugini was only way he could have been nasty . Gulibiya cosed her eyes & ears for all & all this while she was falling on feet of thakur to save her daughter ...she become so agressive to tvs .

I loved the sugini approch , subtle & way she rejected his love , the way she moved out away from him by giving bedini respect & thrwoing the ring . She did within her limitation & yet made tvs realise his mistake .

Seriously i wish to see what gulibiya does to save her daughter from her own mama & village people

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009pyar-ishk

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index