Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Meet the new Mr. and Mrs. ASR! (Page 47)

Mepharm IF-Rockerz
Mepharm
Mepharm

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Astraji  Happywala BirthdayBig smileHug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Astra

Astra Goldie
Astra
Astra

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by Rag1ni

Was bringing my personal Daadi up to speed on what is happening on our TV show.
Me: So, we now have a Daadi... she is kind of mea..
Daadi: Oh Anandi's (Child Bride) mom died. Poor girl.
Me: Well, yeah. Anyway Arnav's mom committed suicide. That is why he is so tortured. Poor boy, don't you th...
Daadi: OMG! Maanvi (Cancer Sister) is getting married. To that-guy-who-is-not-Karan-Tacker. *stupid smile*
Me: I think Shyam is going to come back. He and Daadi seem to...
Daadi: Jeevika (Cancer Sister's Sister) is pregnant. But she may lose her baby.
Me: Anjali DI is going to have twins.
Daadi: Fitay moonh!

Kya discuss kar rahe ho aap?

Happy Laddoo Gopal Day to people in South India. Aap log hamesha thoda aage he chalte hain.

ROFL Now I know where you get your traits from...Enlighten me...Sab ke liye nahi janmashtami?

Yes, I am just back after visiting my Tamilian friend and helped her draw feet of Baby Krishna on the floor. She told me smugly, "Today is OUR Janmasthami."
She is always saying things like that actually. Every time I tell her some movie was kind of nice, she says, "Yeah, but it was better in Tamil." :D
It took me some time to realise that I've been equally smug when it comes to Bong stuff. Kya karien...Indians and their regionalism. And I have to admit that Bongs and Tamilians have more than their fair share.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Hriju321howcomeRag1ni-monalisa-Pr1yanka

cicilia9 Goldie
cicilia9
cicilia9

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:59am | IP Logged
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTRA JI ! the colour is dedicated to bhaiyas blue shirt ! sirf aapke liye .. wonly for u Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Astra-monalisa-premparbat

howcome IF-Dazzler
howcome
howcome

Happy wala birthday Astra ...Smile .

Today, you will get a good rabba vey, about time this week

Astra

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by Vistaa

The other telling point vis-a-vis ODB and his Dadi was when he said "is ghar mein unka naam liya jaaye, mujhe pasand nahin..."   and not "mere ghar mein..."  To me his choice of words is signifies what was called "badon ka lihaz..." ...so while it is universally understood that Shantivan is the house that ASR built, both literally and figuratively, and everyone else is dependent on him...to his Dadi and Nani he refrains from rubbing it in. They are still the figureheads...and so while he still won't take any bs from them...but will not be deliberately rude with them either.

Dadi's khadi boli (pure, relatively unaccented Hindi) was another nice touch...while some words like bitwa etc are similar between her and Nani, the two speak two very different dialects. Goes with her almost-royalty-like background, while Nani appears to be of more humble origins. Yet the two are childhood friends...emmm, interesting. So had they decided the match between themselves when their kids were young and the Elder Malik grew up, went away to study and came back with girlfriend, but was forced to marry by his mother...while his heart remained with his love? I guess, we will know it all in good time...

Visi - Loved these parts...The words showed respect but the attitude and the body language were far from it...Especially the walking away is typical ASR'is attitude. I mean business, enough said...Even to his dadi...Younger or older, if you err you need to be told & that is what I love about his character.

I am surprised Khushi hasn't corrected him with her SP bahu act...A tad-bit selfish here, she is happy she is being acknowledged finally? Not complaining at all...I love it...She needs to feel like she belongs there & only such authoritative behavior from ASR can make her feel that...

Thanks, Sari.  

If you remember, he was just the same with Nani during La times. Total badass attitude, sticking to his guns...but no unnecessary, overt rude words. Total matter of fact. Take it or leave it. You are my elder, I will respect you for that but this is my life and I live as I choose. No frills and laces there.

This must be new enough to Dadi for her to say "aap humein palat kar jawab nahin de sakte..." for when she left he was just a scared fourteen year old. But her words also suggest that she got similar lip from his father, her bitwa.

As for Khushi and her SP bahu act...no fear there...it is coming...Smile...I have no doubts on it...she is too much of a bleeding heart not to go that route. Right now, she is still assimilating it all. And as Diya said, giving him time.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cicilia9howcomeRag1ni--Sari--premparbatPr1yanka

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Happy Birthday Astra...
PartyParty

Astra

Astra Goldie
Astra
Astra

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Thanks for all the wishes SGs. By the way, yesterday was Roger Federer's birthday and on the 12th its Pete Sampras Birthday. So not a bad sandwich to be inTongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cicilia9--Sari---monalisa-Pr1yanka

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vistaa

Totally with you about the brevity of the hug...I too wished that they had focussed a little on his reaction, other than him hugging her back.  Sari, see your point too about his desire not to show any more weakness and vulnerability than he already had. This all very new to him...allowing somebody to take care of his feelings...Nani and Anjali have been with him all these years as emotional anchors, yes...he sort of knows that they are there, but has not really used them as support...if you know what I am trying to say?  Khushi is not letting him make that decision...she makes it for him by jumping in...it started with the kidnapping rescue...and now this. She does not wait to be asked...her loving heart will not allow her to sit back and wait for him to come to her.

Visi - I wanted more of the scene after the dragging her to the room...That would have been a nice touch...Him comforting her...I thought that was abrupt...

Khushi is fearless and always invades his space….That is how she managed to invade his heart too… Ab tho haq bhi hai….He explicitly told her -  "biwi ho tum meri, haq hai tumhara mujh pe….." uske baad space kya baki sab bhi invade kar hi lete hai…. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

suhanamausamRag1niVistaaPr1yanka

Go to top