Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Meet the new Mr. and Mrs. ASR! (Page 33)

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Originally posted by Rag1ni

My family is back. Pehle toh maine sabko Bhabhi jaise fiercely hug kiya, but now that a few hours have past since their arrival, I am so-whating them like Bhaiya. So What?! So What?!

I recently finished reading Jeanette Winterson's collection of shorts (she is my new literary hero) and there was this line that I copied into my tiny book of borrowed words:
"All of one's life is a struggle towards that; the narrow path between freedom and belonging. I have sometimes sacrificed freedom in order to belong, but more often I have given up all hope of belonging."
I think that pretty much highlights my plight now that the parentals have returned. Okay, just kidding. I am too much of a baby to not want to be mollycoddled by my family. Yup, Anjali Di much.
But I thought about this after last evening's episode ' Khushi's intrinsic need to belong and Arnavji pointing out that she was free to do as she pleased. And I thought, if K doesn't find that narrow path between freedom and belonging she is going to do something total mahaan. I hope for the sake of FKL (Fandom Ke Liye), she finds that path.

The last three days I have annoyed all the people in the real world by singing, aaja piya, tohe pyaar doon. I thought after watching the episode I will be cured of it, but it won't go away. Desperately seeking a new earworm.
Main jo nahin haari, sajan zara socho' kis liye, kis liye? Whatay song, yaar! So pretty and poignant at the same time.

Happy walla birthday Arnav Bhaiya ko. Dua karti hoon  ki aisa din kabhi nahin aaye, jab aap pe sarkaar tax laga de.

The next song I recommend Gulji is ' Raat Baaki, baat baaki. Because the nights seem to end rather abruptly and mysteriously.

@Veeji: Whatay beauty walla song!

Full on Sanak mode as usual ROFL

Loved your (no actually Jeanette Winterson's) take on freedom and belonging and K's mahantas if she doesn't find the fine path in-between. You are amazing girl. 

But one question - Can K decide her freedom or is it decided by your bhaiyya? LOL
Rags -- loved your take as usual.. good to know family is back from Oz -- safe and sound and hugs all around !
Loved the line about freedom and belonging . hope K makes a wise choice... she has never felt belonging as she has always felt obliged to the people who took her in after she became an orphan so she has always sacrificed everything to try to belong... now she actually has someone who loves her for herself and wants her to belong to him ... no matter what and does not need or want her sacrifice... but will her essential nature let her take the path that we want or will she take the path that she wants ? Will Arnav's love cure her of her need to be the sacrifical goat to belong rather than belong on her own terms?

Need to see how this plays out !

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-Rag1nisoapsudspremparbatshowstruckMentalExotica

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

I had bookmarked this post long back: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2960962
Have you guys read it?

i tried reading that post..she is a good writer...but it was too long and could not finish. I marked it too. will read when have enough time. thanks for the link

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rag1niMentalExotica

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MentalExotica

It's cute cos I see mom behave like dad and dad behave like mom and it makes my tummy do giggly things.
Arre Anjali ko Poojas and festivals doh she's sane.. What discovery..LOL

pagal hai per cute hai LOL Poojali is back. We don't need anything else.

Tummy - giggly things. Umm...are you carrying Anjali's babies?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-MentalExoticaNewbiesoapfan

Rag1ni IF-Dazzler
Rag1ni
Rag1ni

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Full on Sanak mode as usual ROFL

Loved your (no actually Jeanette Winterson's) take on freedom and belonging and K's mahantas if she doesn't find the fine path in-between. You are amazing girl. 

But one question - Can K decide her freedom or is it decided by your bhaiyya? LOL

Pata nahin, yaar. Bhabhiji ko toh freedom ka meaning abhi tak samajh mein nahin aaya hain. Whattodo?! Anyway, always get plagued by existential issues about freedom on the eve of India's independence.

-Pallavi-MentalExoticaNewbiesoapfan

Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Astra

Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Originally posted by Astra

Hi girls, 
Loved everyone's takes...and what are we discussing today?
GM again Astra! Salluben is still hounding me on the reply page. A change in OS/comp/browser has not helped. I am being hounded.

Jamba-ji help!
Yeah...he seems to be a permanent fixture on IF, but I develop selective vision whenever he's around.
Good to know that someone besides me is having the problem... he is also on the top band now. Change of place/scene has not helped... moved from Mumbai to Navi Mumbai... still being targeted... he never gives up!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AstraMentalExotica

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by MentalExotica

It's cute cos I see mom behave like dad and dad behave like mom and it makes my tummy do giggly things.
Arre Anjali ko Poojas and festivals doh she's sane.. What discovery..LOL

pagal hai per cute hai LOL Poojali is back. We don't need anything else.

Tummy - giggly things. Umm...are you carrying Anjali's babies?

even without the babies I have a small bump, Anjali seekho kuch! Angry LOLLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-Astrajoenet1234soapsudsNewbiesoapfan

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
cant keep my eyes open..c u all tomorrow..gnite

Rag1nishowstruckMentalExotica

Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

I had bookmarked this post long back: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2960962
Have you guys read it?

i tried reading that post..she is a good writer...but it was too long and could not finish. I marked it too. will read when have enough time. thanks for the link
I read it when it came out Ragini... she is good...and things are playing out exactly the way she described them... Khushi was the pawn who became a queen to face Arnav and protect Anjali.

-Pallavi-Astrashowstruck

Go to top