Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Meet the new Mr. and Mrs. ASR! (Page 31)

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

My family is back. Pehle toh maine sabko Bhabhi jaise fiercely hug kiya, but now that a few hours have past since their arrival, I am so-whating them like Bhaiya. So What?! So What?!

I recently finished reading Jeanette Winterson's collection of shorts (she is my new literary hero) and there was this line that I copied into my tiny book of borrowed words:
"All of one's life is a struggle towards that; the narrow path between freedom and belonging. I have sometimes sacrificed freedom in order to belong, but more often I have given up all hope of belonging."
I think that pretty much highlights my plight now that the parentals have returned. Okay, just kidding. I am too much of a baby to not want to be mollycoddled by my family. Yup, Anjali Di much.
But I thought about this after last evening's episode ' Khushi's intrinsic need to belong and Arnavji pointing out that she was free to do as she pleased. And I thought, if K doesn't find that narrow path between freedom and belonging she is going to do something total mahaan. I hope for the sake of FKL (Fandom Ke Liye), she finds that path.

The last three days I have annoyed all the people in the real world by singing, aaja piya, tohe pyaar doon. I thought after watching the episode I will be cured of it, but it won't go away. Desperately seeking a new earworm.
Main jo nahin haari, sajan zara socho' kis liye, kis liye? Whatay song, yaar! So pretty and poignant at the same time.

Happy walla birthday Arnav Bhaiya ko. Dua karti hoon  ki aisa din kabhi nahin aaye, jab aap pe sarkaar tax laga de.

The next song I recommend Gulji is ' Raat Baaki, baat baaki. Because the nights seem to end rather abruptly and mysteriously.

@Veeji: Whatay beauty walla song!

Full on Sanak mode as usual ROFL

Loved your (no actually Jeanette Winterson's) take on freedom and belonging and K's mahantas if she doesn't find the fine path in-between. You are amazing girl. 

But one question - Can K decide her freedom or is it decided by your bhaiyya? LOL

Edited by reguser - 08 August 2012 at 11:09pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rag1ni-Vee05-

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

My family is back. Pehle toh maine sabko Bhabhi jaise fiercely hug kiya, but now that a few hours have past since their arrival, I am so-whating them like Bhaiya. So What?! So What?!

I recently finished reading Jeanette Winterson's collection of shorts (she is my new literary hero) and there was this line that I copied into my tiny book of borrowed words:
"All of one's life is a struggle towards that; the narrow path between freedom and belonging. I have sometimes sacrificed freedom in order to belong, but more often I have given up all hope of belonging."
I think that pretty much highlights my plight now that the parentals have returned. Okay, just kidding. I am too much of a baby to not want to be mollycoddled by my family. Yup, Anjali Di much.
But I thought about this after last evening's episode ' Khushi's intrinsic need to belong and Arnavji pointing out that she was free to do as she pleased. And I thought, if K doesn't find that narrow path between freedom and belonging she is going to do something total mahaan. I hope for the sake of FKL (Fandom Ke Liye), she finds that path.

The last three days I have annoyed all the people in the real world by singing, aaja piya, tohe pyaar doon. I thought after watching the episode I will be cured of it, but it won't go away. Desperately seeking a new earworm.
Main jo nahin haari, sajan zara socho' kis liye, kis liye? Whatay song, yaar! So pretty and poignant at the same time.

Happy walla birthday Arnav Bhaiya ko. Dua karti hoon  ki aisa din kabhi nahin aaye, jab aap pe sarkaar tax laga de.

The next song I recommend Gulji is ' Raat Baaki, baat baaki. Because the nights seem to end rather abruptly and mysteriously.

good to know your family is back safe and sound...I lived in Australia as a student...what a beautiful country but could not enjoy to the extent I should have as I lived away from family...never really got used to that...but things change after you have your own family...kids..and hubby...I am still away but it is more bearable because of my cute ones.Big smileBig smile

yes..the song and the night both ended too soon...what can I suggest you...I am singing it myself all daySmile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlRag1niPr1yankaNewbiesoapfan

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

everyone writes awesome at this hangout but somehow ragini more often than not..u swoop in n take the cakeā€¦.brilliantClap

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-docgirlHriju321Rag1nishowstruckNewbiesoapfan

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

And I thought, if K doesn't find that narrow path between freedom and belonging she is going to do something total mahaan. I hope for the sake of FKL (Fandom Ke Liye), she finds that path.

Because the nights seem to end rather abruptly and mysteriously.

@bold - whattay beauty!

AMEN on K finding the path! I voiced similar concern in my post that in her mahaanta phir kuch na kar bhaitay.. Running much?

Song - haye! I even left you a note in the thread this morning. I was overjoyed when they played the last verse and could only think of our conversation yesterday! oh how I wanted that one line 'Main jo nahin haari' to play and it did. Me a happy camper!

Ditto on the night. Another frustration.

So family is back meaning dahi-cheeni is back? Good days are here again.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-docgirlRag1nishowstruckNewbiesoapfanDiyaS

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bobop

Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Originally posted by ipkbs

Ippy -- who is the guy on the stairs? Senior Malik? Gul?

satyanaash ash..gul is a v pretty lady..not a guy
Since the person is in white -- is it a ghost from the past? *Prakash?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

showstruckPr1yanka

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

Had just signed off and you log on! The wonders of time zones. Glad your fam is home. Can't wait to hear about your daadi's reaction to our show's daadi! Wink

Caught your latest masterpiece - whattay fun. Star  You need your own IPK games doodle! Also been reading the Flowering tree collection from your online link and I really like it so far ----- although grim in handing out life lessons!  

Freedom and belonging? I think the psychologists call it independence and interdependence - nice analogy. My sense - your bhabhi will turn down freedom cold... was there ever a character who needs to be needed more? 

Edited by docgirl - 08 August 2012 at 11:10pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

joenet1234Rag1nishowstruckPr1yankaDiyaS

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
are doc girl and joey active on SG

my eyes my eyes

Big smile great posts all of you!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirljoenet1234showstruckPr1yanka

Astra Goldie
Astra
Astra

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

You know my literary reference to freedom and belonging, the one that stays with me, is the Incredible Lightness Of Being. MIlan Kundera. In the book this lightness comes from a woman who has literally no roots, family or love. In the Indian context its impossible to imagine. We have so many people tying themselves to us. like the solar system, we are all moving around each other. But I've often wondered how it would feel. To be absolutely totally free.

My earworm is Vee's song from yesterday: Tujhse naraaz nahi zindagi.
As I said, a movie that was better than the book, a bollywood movie better than its Hollywood counterpart. 

And of course, Happy Birthday to the 'most objectified dude on TV'Party

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlRag1nishowstruckDiyaSPr1yanka

Go to top