Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Meet the new Mr. and Mrs. ASR! (Page 27)

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by bobop

@vistaa'im so waiting for janmashtami 360s'.but only the good ones..like asr coming n praying with khushi on his own'.altho i dont wnat dadi insulting khushi but it is bound 2 happen ..last time it was la who had done the deed calling the police n all

Maybe this time ASR should call Aaagra ka pagal khana and tell them one of your loons is missing from your looney bin. She comes equipped with a chatai, suitcase, peetal bartans and plain disgust on her face.

Last time toh it was not only La and Mami who were after poor Khushi...ODB himself was mighty miffed at being tricked into puja attendance...and of course that meant the all of IF-forum-dom was baying for her bloodLOL..remember making a post to defend her...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

maaloodocgirljoenet1234showstruck-Jamba-Pr1yanka

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vistaa

Dadi is speaking khadi boli, unlike Nani...but perhaps because of the linguistic limitations of the actress playing the role, it is not sounding really shudh.

The only female actress who does the language really well is Sanaya, much to my surprise. Buaji is very authentic too...but I wouldn't necessarily call it Lucknawi...her language, as also Nani's is more of the regional dialects. Lucknow version of HIndi is famous for "hum and aap", generous spattering of Urdu, and certain slang words not found elsewhere. But It is khadi boli, with none of the awat hain jawat hain...etc.

Barun often slips into the Dilli munda lingo...and almost all, with teh exception of Mamaji and Shyam, butcher the "kh" sound.

Thanks, Visi... that really helped. I think many of the actresses' Marathi origins make an appearance. Daadi, Naani, Maami, Buaji and Payal --- are all native Marathi speakers -- I think! 

awat hain, jawat hain... is that Braj Bhasha? 

Sorry, to go OT peeps... but I'm curious and IPK educates me everyday. I learnt about ladoo gopal today! Big smile  

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2joenet1234maaloo--Sari--Vistaashowstruck-Jamba-Pr1yanka

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Jamba-

Originally posted by Vistaa

Hola Doc!

Dadi is speaking khadi boli, unlike Nani...but perhaps because of the linguistic limitations of the actress playing the role, it is not sounding really shudh.

The only female actress who does the language really well is Sanaya, much to my surprise. Buaji is very authentic too...but I wouldn't necessarily call it Lucknawi...her language, as also Nani's is more of the regional dialects. Lucknow version of HIndi is famous for "hum and aap", generous spattering of Urdu, and certain slang words not found elsewhere. But It is khadi boli, with none of the awat hain jawat hain...etc.

Barun often slips into the Dilli munda lingo...and almost all, with teh exception of Mamaji and Shyam, butcher the "kh" sound.

Good God, Jodhabai - you're  the Henry Higgins of this hangout!! Clap Clap Clap

Now make them say "The Rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain" Big smile

Pranaam Lady J Big smile

First let me practise that myself LOLLOL

Mrs. Danvers and 'enry 'iggins...Big smile...what a pair of references...LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2purplenpinkdocgirl-Jamba-

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Ok - just watched the Aaja Piya again as I was making my uncut. Totally remixed with Lata's voice from the original . 

I mean - they have guitars and pianos and cellos and all kinds of non-desi instruments making an appearance. But very nicely done. Keeping Lata's voice as the centerpiece was a masterstroke.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

purplenpinkdocgirlmaalooVistaashowstruck.Mandy.DiyaS-Vee05-Pr1yanka

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapsuds

SheilaHug...I knew that was coming today...when we were talking about it last night...I said as much...that sheila is going to be mad enough about it on tomorrow's thread so I am not saying anything at all!
About the bump...it lies in the eye of the beholderWink...enuff said!!!!
*snort*   ragini style

I just log into a random and page and it turns out to be the right one...haven't read anything else except Sari's which is brilliant as always and have no clue what the discussion is about...but couldn't resist this oneLOL

Time to get back to Asli Duniya...

Biraj HugHugHug . I think I have been a model of patience on this, but today's nonsense was too much even for reserve of acceptance! SG docs unite - my clarion call for today! Big smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsudsVistaashowstruck-Jamba-Pr1yankaDiyaS

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Goodnight guys...brain won't co-operate...Sleepy

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlVistaashowstruck-Jamba-Pr1yanka

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

Originally posted by soapsuds

SheilaHug...I knew that was coming today...when we were talking about it last night...I said as much...that sheila is going to be mad enough about it on tomorrow's thread so I am not saying anything at all!
About the bump...it lies in the eye of the beholderWink...enuff said!!!!
*snort*   ragini style

I just log into a random and page and it turns out to be the right one...haven't read anything else except Sari's which is brilliant as always and have no clue what the discussion is about...but couldn't resist this oneLOL

Time to get back to Asli Duniya...

Biraj HugHugHug . I think I have been a model of patience on this, but today's nonsense was too much even for reserve of acceptance! SG docs unite - my clarion call for today! Big smile

Satyanash, babe! They've been butchering doctor-giri from day one...and THIS is what set you off? LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlshowstrucksoapsudsVistaa-Vee05-Pr1yankaDiyaS

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Ok dozed off once again...il stop by in the morning night all! Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlVistaa-Jamba-.Mandy.Pr1yanka

Go to top