Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Meet the new Mr. and Mrs. ASR! (Page 26)

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vistaa

@Mandy: Your thoughts on Dadi's beef with Khushi...spot on...it sure appears like one or both of those options. What is puzzling though is her questioning Nani about not informing her of Arnav's wedding...she did not have the same complaint about Anjali's wedding and yet now she is looking for her Damaadji left right and center?

I thought the same thing, why not show the same upset about not being present at Anjali's wedding and why all these questions about where Shyam is?? Dadi should have been surprised to see that Anjali was married but her only shock was towards Arnav's marriage. It all leads one to believe her return was triggered by Shyam.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlVistaa-Jamba-

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by veeps

Originally posted by -Jamba-

Originally posted by DiyaS

edited on page 4 ...

And agree with bobop ... I was glad they used Lata's voice too ... the remix version is a disaster!!!

Ah - I seeing the confusion. 

Didn't realize there was a non-Lata remixed version as well. Just googled it and went - URK.

Thats it... We need a acronym decrypter for the hangout now...

Ladki, no acronym. D'oh

URK = Dead

Think 5 year old gagging on oatmeal.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

maaloodocgirljoenet1234N112Pr1yanka

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

Who else found Dadi's hand stop to be a silent version of ASR's "Enough" LOL 

The other telling point vis-a-vis ODB and his Dadi was when he said "is ghar mein unka naam liya jaaye, mujhe pasand nahin..."   and not "mere ghar mein..."  To me his choice of words is signifies what was called "badon ka lihaz..." ...so while it is universally understood that Shantivan is the house that ASR built, both literally and figuratively, and everyone else is dependent on him...to his Dadi and Nani he refrains from rubbing it in. They are still the figureheads...and so while he still won't take any bs from them...but will not be deliberately rude with them either.

Dadi's khadi boli (pure, relatively unaccented Hindi) was another nice touch...while some words like bitwa etc are similar between her and Nani, the two speak two very different dialects. Goes with her almost-royalty-like background, while Nani appears to be of more humble origins. Yet the two are childhood friends...emmm, interesting. So had they decided the match between themselves when their kids were young and the Elder Malik grew up, went away to study and came back with girlfriend, but was forced to marry by his mother...while his heart remained with his love? I guess, we will know it all in good time...

Tonight's epi was a nice follow up to yesterday...the highlights being Khushi's hugs, "dekhne pe tax hai" line and the the staircase romance. It is so heartening to see these two take their relationship further by leaps and bounds in real terms, yet in such a subtle, almost underhanded, fashion. (Doc, hope you are liking the showing and not telling...Big smile)

Visi, fabulous post as always... ALL of it. Clap

Great point on the silent enough! LOL

Agree with you on the fine line between making his point and being respectful. Actually found the last line of his dialog a bit off for that reason - "uska jo mann chaahey woh kar sakti hai". didn't fit into the overall tone and theme of his message. It had me wondering about Twilight Zone --- when something feels off I rush for twilight zone as a reason! LOL Dekne pe tax also felt off to me! 

I did want to ask you about daadi's boli --- is it true to lucknowi speech for her social class I wasn't sure --- I didn't get that sense. 

Show not tell... always Thumbs UpThumbs Up . I liked the staircase scene... it felt right given the context - light,  sweet

Hola Doc!

Dadi is speaking khadi boli, unlike Nani...but perhaps because of the linguistic limitations of the actress playing the role, it is not sounding really shudh.

The only female actress who does the language really well is Sanaya, much to my surprise. Buaji is very authentic too...but I wouldn't necessarily call it Lucknawi...her language, as also Nani's is more of the regional dialects. Lucknow version of HIndi is famous for "hum and aap", generous spattering of Urdu, and certain slang words not found elsewhere. But It is khadi boli, with none of the awat hain jawat hain...etc.

Barun often slips into the Dilli munda lingo...and almost all, with teh exception of Mamaji and Shyam, butcher the "kh" sound.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

maaloodocgirljoenet1234-Jamba-Pr1yankaDiyaS

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

Rabba  Ve Ladeej   Hug    . Last night after the TRP khulaasa, I asked for Wenesday Dhamaka and we got it. Clap

First things first... an anguished and tortured cry from a paagal fan to the powers-that-be on the show. On this one I have been (even if I say so myself! Tongue) the most reasonable, accommodating and pliant of fans. You tell me Anjali is 8 months pregnant, I believe you. No evidence in the form of baby bump or "acting" like a pregnant woman required. You tell me there are 2 babies not just one in there, I say Thumbs UpThumbs Up. This error is one of magnitude not of type, so go for broke and get two little tadpoles in there. Wink

BUT NK drops hints about twins and everyone acts all surprised???? Shocked . Does Anjali Jha make numerous visits to her doctor to play gilli-dandaa? Confused That DVD she wanted to watch with Chottey --was it Baby Einstein? Confused Confused  Medicine --- and the practice of it provides rozi roti, barkath to a bunch of us here. How much will you subvert it? *PRIMAL SCREAM* 

SheilaHug...I knew that was coming today...when we were talking about it last night...I said as much...that sheila is going to be mad enough about it on tomorrow's thread so I am not saying anything at all!
About the bump...it lies in the eye of the beholderWink...enuff said!!!!
*snort*   ragini style

I just log into a random and page and it turns out to be the right one...haven't read anything else except Sari's which is brilliant as always and have no clue what the discussion is about...but couldn't resist this oneLOL

Time to get back to Asli Duniya...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

purplenpinkdocgirljoenet1234maalooVistaashowstruck-Jamba-.Mandy.DiyaSPr1yanka

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Hola Doc!

Dadi is speaking khadi boli, unlike Nani...but perhaps because of the linguistic limitations of the actress playing the role, it is not sounding really shudh.

The only female actress who does the language really well is Sanaya, much to my surprise. Buaji is very authentic too...but I wouldn't necessarily call it Lucknawi...her language, as also Nani's is more of the regional dialects. Lucknow version of HIndi is famous for "hum and aap", generous spattering of Urdu, and certain slang words not found elsewhere. But It is khadi boli, with none of the awat hain jawat hain...etc.

Barun often slips into the Dilli munda lingo...and almost all, with teh exception of Mamaji and Shyam, butcher the "kh" sound.

Good God, Jodhabai - you're  the Henry Higgins of this hangout!! Clap Clap Clap

Now make them say "The Rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain" Big smile

maaloodocgirljoenet1234VistaaDiyaSPr1yanka

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Originally posted by --Sari--

[QUOTE=docgirl]Doc - Ab writing limits rakhenge tho bus mujhe yaha se bye-bye kareka padi...After my hangout rules I see my name a lot more now...Gaali khake aadat hai, ek aur hi sahi...ROFL

The rules are awesome Sari... getting  the R.E.S.P.E.C.T you deserve  Wink . But I meant self-imposed word limits... not a hangout rule from you! Tongue . 

Vaisey, they can't sustain this pace for long... the story will sag soon and everyone's enthusiasm to write a thesis everyday will automatically be killed! LOL

joenet1234--Sari--Vistaa-Jamba-.Mandy.Pr1yanka

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:07pm | IP Logged

The only female actress who does the language really well is Sanaya, much to my surprise.

Barun often slips into the Dilli munda lingo...and almost all, with teh exception of Mamaji and Shyam, butcher the "kh" sound

I think it is Swati C's linguistic limitations. I am surprised at Sanaya too! the only one who does the language really well and she didn't even know Hindi! Even Payal's pronunciation is off.
I was surprised at Shyam and Mamaji pronouncing the 'kh' sound correctly, it is Urdu so I can see how it is not predominant but wonder how those two mastered it and not anyone else.
Agree on Barun's Dilli munda lingo, it also comes with a Punjabi accent at times.

Edited by joenet1234 - 08 August 2012 at 10:07pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlVistaashowstruck-Jamba-DiyaS

N112 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

maaloodocgirljoenet1234-Jamba-Pr1yanka-Vee05-

Go to top