Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -Jamba-

Show me thoda masti before I start to believe she is Mrs. Danvers come back to life - guarding her very own Manderley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_(1940_film) (for those going - W*F is J smoking)

jamba ji...yeh kiski yaad dila di aapne... rebecca…ab neend nahi aayegi mujhe..weak heart
Pr1yanka thumbnail
@vistaa…im so waiting for janmashtami 360s….but only the good ones..like asr coming n praying with khushi on his own….altho i dont wnat dadi insulting khushi but it is bound 2 happen ..last time it was la who had done the deed calling the police n all
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: joenet1234

4. Too abrupt/pace off

Sari is pulling my leg today! It hurts! I don't like crying men at all. The scene just ended abruptly for me. You remember the episode after the kidnapping, the stair scene? That was hurt. What I saw today was a hesitation and I just couldn't connect. Trust me I was hoping for that scene to blow me away so I could write but it didn't happen. I will stand my ground but wont defend anymore. I am disappointed it didn't work  for me. They both are so so good at these scenes and today I wasn't with them. I was able to connect with the understanding and comfort part but not the pain and that's where poetry comes from, for me at least. Ok I've said it enough on this.

Chalo koyi baat nahi...kal decoding karte hai...🤗  Lekin I have to watch it again I guess...IF was giving me a hard time posting pics...so I rushed thru the episode...

docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vistaa

Who else found Dadi's hand stop to be a silent version of ASR's "Enough" 😆 

The other telling point vis-a-vis ODB and his Dadi was when he said "is ghar mein unka naam liya jaaye, mujhe pasand nahin..."   and not "mere ghar mein..."  To me his choice of words is signifies what was called "badon ka lihaz..." ...so while it is universally understood that Shantivan is the house that ASR built, both literally and figuratively, and everyone else is dependent on him...to his Dadi and Nani he refrains from rubbing it in. They are still the figureheads...and so while he still won't take any bs from them...but will not be deliberately rude with them either.

Dadi's khadi boli (pure, relatively unaccented Hindi) was another nice touch...while some words like bitwa etc are similar between her and Nani, the two speak two very different dialects. Goes with her almost-royalty-like background, while Nani appears to be of more humble origins. Yet the two are childhood friends...emmm, interesting. So had they decided the match between themselves when their kids were young and the Elder Malik grew up, went away to study and came back with girlfriend, but was forced to marry by his mother...while his heart remained with his love? I guess, we will know it all in good time...

Tonight's epi was a nice follow up to yesterday...the highlights being Khushi's hugs, "dekhne pe tax hai" line and the the staircase romance. It is so heartening to see these two take their relationship further by leaps and bounds in real terms, yet in such a subtle, almost underhanded, fashion. (Doc, hope you are liking the showing and not telling...😃)

Visi, fabulous post as always... ALL of it. 👏

Great point on the silent enough! 😆

Agree with you on the fine line between making his point and being respectful. Actually found the last line of his dialog a bit off for that reason - "uska jo mann chaahey woh kar sakti hai". didn't fit into the overall tone and theme of his message. It had me wondering about Twilight Zone --- when something feels off I rush for twilight zone as a reason! 😆 Dekne pe tax also felt off to me! 

I did want to ask you about daadi's boli --- is it true to lucknowi speech for her social class I wasn't sure --- I didn't get that sense. 

Show not tell... always 👍🏼👍🏼 . I liked the staircase scene... it felt right given the context - light,  sweet
Moksha51 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Oh Em Gee SGs, pardon the spamming.. But look what my random useless surfing of the nate popped up..

Apparently we don't know it, but velvet is the in thing 🤢
joenet1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: bobop

@vistaa'im so waiting for janmashtami 360s'.but only the good ones..like asr coming n praying with khushi on his own'.altho i dont wnat dadi insulting khushi but it is bound 2 happen ..last time it was la who had done the deed calling the police n all

Maybe this time ASR should call Aaagra ka pagal khana and tell them one of your loons is missing from your looney bin. She comes equipped with a chatai, suitcase, peetal bartans and plain disgust on her face.
--Sari-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: bobop

@vistaa'im so waiting for janmashtami 360s'.but only the good ones..like asr coming n praying with khushi on his own'.altho i dont wnat dadi insulting khushi but it is bound 2 happen ..last time it was la who had done the deed calling the police n all

Janmashtmi, I think I am losing the Teej wala bet...🤢 I think she will wear the saree for ladoo gopal day...😆 Definetly there will be a 360 on the bad stuff but this time its dadi instead of La?

-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: --Sari--

Absolutely, I read several complaining they found the scene lacking coz SBS was better? I skipped the SBS, saw it today after I watched the episode. Other than the picture I posted there was nothing more in SBS; maybe a tumka scene and a Khushi doing a Gopi bahu was missing but that may have been off screen. The song wasn't played in the background...

I saw the SBS today - liked their song pick. Anyone know the movie? 

BTW, today's "Aaja Piya" was remixed. A certain RDB would have gone Wheee if they had had this kind of background score and instrument support back then...
--Sari-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Moksha51

Oh Em Gee SGs, pardon the spamming.. But look what my random useless surfing of the nate popped up..

Now it makes sense, its velvet all the way...Good job Astra
..I knew it had to be the trend, they cannot totally be off on the wardrobe...But I still don't like it...😆
Pr1yanka thumbnail

Originally posted by: Moksha51

awesome find moksha…i wont mind if khushi wears such stuff..what she is wearing right now is garbage for a lead of star plus