Users

Frequent Posters

docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: bobop

he he he doc'maafi de do 4 sheron ko..naadan hain kuchch samajhte nahi..😊

good point on visual metaphor

my view exactly on khushi n dadi's behaviour with khushi'i so feel this is not the work of shyam'the roots lie deep in the past

n wow'i wrote the exact same thing after watching today's episode'that if such a selfless unconditional love giving khushi exists in real worls'today was her day of triumphlong overdue

Bop, haven't had a chance to catch up with all the posts yet but  the systematic torture of medical practice is driving us to telepathy - SG docs unite! πŸ€—
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Wednesday KudiyozπŸ€—

Updated on page 1...

Aur kya taaza naya?

Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: docgirl

Rabba  Ve Ladeej   πŸ€—    . Last night after the TRP khulaasa, I asked for Wenesday Dhamaka and we got it. πŸ‘

First things first... an anguished and tortured cry from a paagal fan to the powers-that-be on the show. On this one I have been (even if I say so myself! πŸ˜›) the most reasonable, accommodating and pliant of fans. You tell me Anjali is 8 months pregnant, I believe you. No evidence in the form of baby bump or "acting" like a pregnant woman required. You tell me there are 2 babies not just one in there, I say πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ. This error is one of magnitude not of type, so go for broke and get two little tadpoles in there. πŸ˜‰

BUT NK drops hints about twins and everyone acts all surprised???? πŸ˜² . Does Anjali Jha make numerous visits to her doctor to play gilli-dandaa? πŸ˜• That DVD she wanted to watch with Chottey --was it Baby Einstein? πŸ˜• πŸ˜•  Medicine --- and the practice of it provides rozi roti, barkath to a bunch of us here. How much will you subvert it? *PRIMAL SCREAM* 

To my mind this part of the story is all about the righting of wrongs. We'll see what the past holds but for now it's Arnav's turn to make amends for his sins. Six months ago he dragged his contract wife by the hand and tossed her into the fire to face the fury of his family and hers. They ripped into her, physically and emotionally. Today, he leads her firmly but gently by the hand away from the fury of his daadi. He will not have her insulted or hurt, she deserves and gets his protection. Naani stands witness to both scenes. 

One of the leitmotifs of the ArHi relationship has been the way they walk crossing paths away from each other --- usually in conflict. The other has been the gazes, usually Arnav looking down from a height often at the top of the stairs at Khushi below. Now we 're seeing Khushi at a height at the top of the stairs looking at Arnav below. We saw that the day he returned early to lay a bed of roses for her. Today again after their little raasta rokko game. Redressal of the power balance? He was usually in control, now she seems to hold the cards, perhaps? It's her time. If so, nice little  visual metaphor. 

I'd asked yesterday - will Arnav start to lay his burdens at Khushi's feet? It played out beautifully, his anguish and her empathy. Aaja Piya... quiet, sweet, melancholic, full of love, loss and longing. If that was a very private tribute to Rajesh Khanna, then πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ . What a wonderful way to acknowledge the passing of a legend. πŸ‘ 

Khushi starts to back off when she senses defeat in getting her saiyyan to drop his guard and Arnav just jumps in with the keys to the closed doors of his memories. The door has cracked open, with more to come. The next morning Khushi promises to be there for him by his side whenever he needs her. What contract, what 6 month clause? 'Nuff said! πŸ˜› . 

The kostins are piling up thick and fast. Something about Khushi and the way in which daadi encountered her has triggered a blind and  unreasonable  prejudice towards her.  Stern and orthodox she may be, but we get the sense from naani that daadi's fair minded within the  parameters of her world. Daadi was splattered with dirty water, she recoiled from Khushi's touch and wanted to purify herself, she refuses to let Khushi enter her orbit or despoil sacred memories with her touch... this is not merely casteist or elitist prejudice --- although they may be lurking in the background too. This visceral rejection of Khushi has to have been triggered by some connection to the past. Seems fair to assume that somehow this is linked to "woh haadsaa" and woh aurath"  and that it involves a violation of moral purity, maybe? 

A nice episode, but what stayed with me the longest was the wonder that is Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada. I've often been annoyed at her capriciousness  and struggled to understand her swift changes in tone and mood... the show abuses her character abominably. πŸ˜‰  With Diya and Sari's help, I've come to understand her core --- I think! But Vistaa's take really helped to bring it all together - thanks Visi, Diya and Sari. Khushi has no notion of distance between herself and those she loves. So she throws herself (literally and figuratively) recklessly into their lives and problems, she interferes, she hands out unsolicited advice, but above all she showers love whether it's welcome or not. 

After his bombshell from the past, Arnav gets one of her now famous, no holds barred hugs. She pours all of herself into it as if to absorb his pain. The next morning she sees Anjali and memories of the confession come flooding back. The pain that Arnav holds in him also holds Anjali captive. So another spontaneous fierce hug, this time for Di --- another demonstration of her immense,  limitless  ability to give and share of herself. How can one resist her? How can one not love a character like this to bits? ASR has been my fave character on the show from the start. He's been the best etched and most consistent character. We understand his motivations and thoughts best. But by the time the show ends I won't be surprised if KKGSR supplants him in my affections. πŸ˜› Hat tip to Sanaya for bringing her to life. β­οΈ . 

We've had discussions on whether the show and the fanstasy duniya it embodies trumps asli duniya. Recently Rags made the point that going by wardrobe - certainly not! Today's velvet monstrosity on Khushi --- case in point. πŸ˜‘

As I watched today's episode, I couldn't help but think of how unlikely it is that a KKGSR would last a day in asli duniya. She'd be chewed up and be spat out in moments. But in fantasy duniya she exists  - she fights, she laughs, she does sanak, she loves, she gives recklessly and unstintingly of herself and she triumphs... not without serving as an eternal punching bag though! She makes us believe  that maybe we'll come across her in asli duniya too. Is it then the triumph of hope over experience? The triumph of fantasy over asli duniya?  There's something to be said for that! πŸ˜ƒ

Being a medical person myself the mind boggles at the thought that Anjali's washboard abs carries twins???!!!!!.This is not IUGR, I think being Mrs Snake she is carrying eggsπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰.

Great post Doc and I agree in asli duniya person like Khushi would not last for a day...
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

Ippy -- who is the guy on the stairs? Senior Malik? Gul?

satyanaash ash..gul is a v pretty lady..not a guy
howcome thumbnail

Awww... Sari, lovely post. πŸ‘ We're simpatico on this one, I think... picking up on the same key ideas. Thanks to you, I think the masala ladkis are becoming templatized... and it's your template! πŸ˜‰

You know doc i said the same thing to Tee today...she connected way too many dots across episodes ... But not to worry once anji does something silly ...we can go back to our teams and add in the masalas πŸ˜†

Btw loved your take and khushi will only last hours in our world. Uske hamre  sapnon ki duniya hi theek hai
Edited by howcome - 11 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: joenet1234

LOL! your mom is a wise woman..πŸ˜† I don't like a man who cries either but the pain should've been plastered on his face like he is about to pass out.. fine, I'll just shut up now. As is Doc is here, her post has made me shut up completely.

Apna pledge firse pada dun?

"We the SGs do solemnly swear to not expect or anticipate anything from upcoming episodes of IPK. We all are human and regardless of our stern stance, we are suckers for spoilers. However, we hereby declare to take the spoilers with a grain of salt and not discuss them at the hangout. We also pledge our allegiance to each other and in the event one of us derails, we will be there to bop her on the head with a danda. All say I do."

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bop, haven't had a chance to catch up with all the posts yet but  the systematic torture of medical practice is driving us to telepathy - SG docs unite! πŸ€—

πŸ€— totally …in ipk i had seen a good clinic scene with the lady doc actually being able to emulate to a great extent the mannerisms etc….but in general they r too busy coding the scenes with mythological symbolisms that they overlook medical stuff
joenet1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: --Sari--

"We the SGs do solemnly swear to not expect or anticipate anything from upcoming episodes of IPK. We all are human and regardless of our stern stance, we are suckers for spoilers. However, we hereby declare to take the spoilers with a grain of salt and not discuss them at the hangout. We also pledge our allegiance to each other and in the event one of us derails, we will be there to bop her on the head with a danda. All say I do."

Point noted. So I guess I am the bakri today? πŸ˜† but might I mention that pledge does not include the word SBS/SBB so I didn't do any ramanchi..per theek hai..you are the boss!πŸ˜‰

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

BUT NK drops hints about twins and everyone acts all surprised???? πŸ˜² . Does Anjali Jha make numerous visits to her doctor to play gilli-dandaa? πŸ˜• That DVD she wanted to watch with Chottey --was it Baby Einstein? πŸ˜• πŸ˜•  Medicine --- and the practice of it provides rozi roti, barkath to a bunch of us here. How much will you subvert it? *PRIMAL SCREAM* 

Haven't read the rest yet but this just made me laugh πŸ˜†
docgirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Sari--

Sari... I do ... I already do and being "unspoiled", I'm enjoying the epis much more. 

@Joey: Great post, but I was hoping for a poem! 
Nautanki, so the crying scene didn't work for you because...
1. SBS , 2. Too much crying, 3. Too little crying 4. Too abrupt/pace off 5. All of these 6. None of these
Edited by docgirl - 11 years ago