Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Working DILs - Gopi's choice (Page 2)

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ani_gr

Harini Welcome back.. Nice to see you after a long time...Big smile..
Fabulous post as always ! Yes I agree with Ahem.. hope Kokila accepts it...Smile

Thank you AniTongue Missed you guys.. I will be in and out.. Lets see how it goes..Smile

Ahem is right today and the fact that he did what he did with so much confidence tells a lot about the trust and pride he has for Gopi and her skills. He is a husband who would  not stop after uttering sweet nothings to his wife . He is not one to let her down when the actual situation demands.

In Ahem today, I see the man who completely adores his wife and has faith in her that surpasses the faith she herself has. That is just a huge leap for the man who hated the sight of his wife.

Another good thing is how they are showing that Koki is not completely ok, 1) because she thinks it is unnecessary. 2) Gopi is pregnant.

2) is valid of course but I think she needs to give up on 1. Even if it not a need to work, if Gopi likes it, Koki should agree to let her do this. A nice message. And I am sure in due course Koki will let Gopi do this.Tongue

Edited by Justlikethat1 - 08 August 2012 at 9:24pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ani_grDEEPZzzz

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by archanakarthik

Wonderful post Harini Clap your post made me realize importance of this track.

I think nowadays, women are in situation need to work to support their family financially.

In gopi's case it is her choice. We all know that gopi is smart, dedicated. She loves whatever work she does and feels satisfied. At the same time she is naive really don't understand the true nature of the people. Maybe signing this contract will help her to overcome this by interacting with others and make her independent.

With Ahem's support with no doubt she will shine in this business. Today ahem has became her true saathiya with love and pride.

Kokila thinks that there is no need for gopi to work and she is also hesitant as she is pregnant. As time goes kokila will support gopi like in this 2 years.

This is a very good message to the society there is no need to have degree to work. you can shine in whatever thing you are good at.

Very well saidClap
That is how it should be. Showing that woman can work and work well when the situation demands has been shown all the time.. The question is, why just when the situation demands.  The decision should be hers to take even when the situation does not demand it.
Plus as you so rightfully put, nothing can stop a person who is really dedicated from reaching their goals even if there is no degree or formal education. 

-Archana-DEEPZzzz

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Harini .. just watched the episode..

don't you think it is similar to education track..

Koki said there is no need for gopi to study .. Ahem said it is her wish to study (so choice)
even today .. it is the same

Koki said there is no need to work...Ahem said it is not the need but choice..

the two situations are very similar..
-both these are for the growth of a girl who is uneducated and underprivileged...education and empowerment go hand in hand.. education gives u the knowledge from the books
but empowerment, business or working whatever u call it .. it gives the real sense of education in a practical world...

and in both these situations her husband is standing by her.. and supporting her and empowering her .. and what more can depict the beautiful meaning of Saathiya...

is it all about romancing your wife and supporting her in Kitchen politics the essence of saathiya.. NO, a true life partner or Saathiya is one who looks fulfills her wishes (in education ) and boosts her confidence by acknowledging her hidden talent and skills in the achaar making

lovely track of achaar and GoHem Clap

Justlikethat1DEEPZzzz

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by munnihyderabad

Koki said there is no need for gopi to study .. Ahem said it is her wish to study (so choice)

-both these are for the growth of a girl who is uneducated and underprivileged...education and empowerment go hand in hand.. education gives u the knowledge from the books
but empowerment, business or working whatever u call it .. it gives the real sense of education in a practical world...

and in both these situations her husband is standing by her.. and supporting her and empowering her .. and what more can depict the beautiful meaning of Saathiya...

is it all about romancing your wife and supporting her in Kitchen politics the essence of saathiya.. NO, a true life partner or Saathiya is one who looks fulfills her wishes (in education ) and boosts her confidence by acknowledging her hidden talent and skills in the achaar making

Aww.. Superbly put Munni..Clap
Yes.. Now that you say it, this is very similar to the education track. Ahem stood by Gopi then and he stands by her nowTongue

The difference I think is that Ahem of the past had to be pushed to help Gopi. He resented her illiteracy. He would take no interest when she first started going to school while Koki helped her. But in an adversity, and when Gopi had none to support her, Ahem stood by her a little unwillingly at first but then he did stand by her completely as time went on. 
But he doubted her ability to study though he took it up to himself to teach her. He was frustrated when she failed at times but he still did not completely lose faith.

This time it has come a full circle. I think out of the three, Ahem believes in Gopi's talent and skills the most. He will be the one who initiates this empowerment and he will convince Koki like her did during Gopi's schooling and also Gopi herself. Remember the pep talks he gave Gopi. He will do more than that now..
That is just amazing if you see the growth in the character. I would say a well done job there.. Star

Thanks for pointing it out Munni. I would never have realized it otherwiseTongue

munnihyderabadDEEPZzzz

Chaccha IF-Rockerz
Chaccha
Chaccha

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Hi Harini!!!! Whaddya doing? Clown

I support Ahem's decision!!! It is ultimately Gopi's choice, but I don't think Gopi sees it that way. I think in today's episode she looked at her Maaji more than she looked at Ahem when that man asked her about the contract. That could only mean that she's not sure about what she can and can't do.

I wish that there is a scene like the one in the movie Sooryavansham, in which Amitabh Bacchan, playing the uneducated presumed-to-be-good-for-nothing Heera, tells his educated wife, Radha, that he wants her to fulfill her dream. She had wanted to be an IAS officer, but knowing Heera's circumstances lets that dream go after marriage. He also tells her that he'll always be good-for-nothing and that he has nothing to give her (she's from a rich family), that he wants her to pursue her dream, for which he'd work day and night to make it come true. I loved that scene!!! And I want to see something like that in Saathiya, where in the privacy of their room, Ahem explains to Gopi that he doesn't want her to be "confined" within the walls of the MM. She might have lived like that with Urmi The Devil, but she can spread her wings and fly away and still find him next to her. Always. Day Dreaming 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadJustlikethat1DEEPZzzz

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Originally posted by munnihyderabad

Aww.. Superbly put Munni..Clap
Yes.. Now that you say it, this is very similar to the education track. Ahem stood by Gopi then and he stands by her nowTongue

The difference I think is that Ahem of the past had to be pushed to help Gopi. He resented her illiteracy. He would take no interest when she first started going to school while Koki helped her. But in an adversity, and when Gopi had none to support her, Ahem stood by her a little unwillingly at first but then he did stand by her completely as time went on. 
But he doubted her ability to study though he took it up to himself to teach her. He was frustrated when she failed at times but he still did not completely lose faith.

This time it has come a full circle. I think out of the three, Ahem believes in Gopi's talent and skills the most. He will be the one who initiates this empowerment and he will convince Koki like her did during Gopi's schooling and also Gopi herself. Remember the pep talks he gave Gopi. He will do more than that now..
That is just amazing if you see the growth in the character. I would say a well done job there.. Star

Thanks for pointing it out Munni. I would never have realized it otherwiseTongue

You are welcome harini... see sangath ka asar... you are back and my thoughts are back Embarrassed

yeah Ahem has come a full circle .. last year same time ...to be more precise 9th/10th August he stood against his mom and supported her education
and now 9th August tomorrow.. he is gonna do the same.support her and boost her confidence and help her in decision making and being assertive and being diplomatic and telling No in a more diplomatic way ..

since we know gopi can never say NO ..and anyone can take her for a ride.. but this opportunity and support from Ahem will bring a remarkable change in her and what a marvelous character growth ClapClap

Justlikethat1DEEPZzzz

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RachP

Hi Harini!!!! Whaddya doing? Clown

I support Ahem's decision!!! It is ultimately Gopi's choice, but I don't think Gopi sees it that way. I think in today's episode she looked at her Maaji more than she looked at Ahem when that man asked her about the contract. That could only mean that she's not sure about what she can and can't do.

I wish that there is a scene like the one in the movie Sooryavansham, in which Amitabh Bacchan, playing the uneducated presumed-to-be-good-for-nothing Heera, tells his educated wife, Radha, that he wants her to fulfill her dream. She had wanted to be an IAS officer, but knowing Heera's circumstances lets that dream go after marriage. He also tells her that he'll always be good-for-nothing and that he has nothing to give her (she's from a rich family), that he wants her to pursue her dream, for which he'd work day and night to make it come true. I loved that scene!!! And I want to see something like that in Saathiya, where in the privacy of their room, Ahem explains to Gopi that he doesn't want her to be "confined" within the walls of the MM. She might have lived like that with Urmi The Devil, but she can spread her wings and fly away and still find him next to her. Always. Day Dreaming 

Fighting with an old laptop that just does not like to workLOL Aww Rachna.. My sad tale is for the world to know. Wink After 4 reboot  in as many hours, I am ready to give up..Confused And add work to this combination and that reveals the tale..Smile

Nice parallel story there. I loved that scene and movie too.. But we are expecting too much of SNS CVsSmile
The most we will see is Gopi being unsure and Koki questioning Ahem while Ahem explains to Koki as to why he wants Gopi to do this.. Is it to do with her B'Day, I wonderTongue 
But if they have the scene you have now made me imagine, I will be on cloud nineDay Dreaming  Ahem explaining to Gopi is a pleasure to watchBig smile

But then even if we do not have the scene, I think that Ahem will leave no stones unturned to make Gopi a business woman.. It will be good to watchBig smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

XarinamunnihyderabadChaccha

Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Ace post Harini.  I hope that Koki, along with Ahem, supports her fully.  Koki will not want Gopi to sign for two reasons. 1. The concept of her DIL "working" outside of the home is alien to her, 2.  Koki's concern because Gopi is carrying.  Ahem, however is smitten by Gopi and does have much more insight into Gopi's wishes.  And as an astute businessman sees the potential to dabble in other projects.

Go to top