India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Working DILs - Gopi's choice

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Posting after quite a long time.. What with a faulty laptop and a completely dead one, I am stuckLOL

But after watching today's episode, (a feat in itselfWink. I am watching SNS during weekends when I can be patient like mother earth to get the video working without having to reboot 10 timesOuch), was really pleased with the "nayi soch" of this track..

Women, especially DILs working.. is it only due to need or is it a choice that every individual has?IMO, it is a little of both.. But for Gopi , it is all about choice.Smile

The days when women stayed at home while men worked are long gone and I honestly do not think that anyone in MM is against women working.
But as Kokila said "They do not have to work".. She is right there. Neither Gopi nor Rashi have to work for a living. The Modi's are rich and the girl's husband's can provide for them ably. 

But then Ahem was right too. This is not about the 'Need' to work. This is about a choice. Can Gopi sign the contract for Acchar?  Yes. Because, she is good at it and relishes cooking. The contract is an appreciation of her cooking skills. An uneducated girl who is at the verge of making good in the business world is commendable.

Can she do it? Yes and she should, to expand her already widening horizons... Gopi will be supported, I am sure by her husband and pretty soon by her MIL to become more independent. A novel thought to be applauded. Clap
I would like to see what Gopi thinks and if she wants to do this.. I would like to see her supported by Koki and Ahem in whatever decision she makes.. Gopi can make it happen if the two pillars of support are with her. I wish she does.Tongue

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarinamunnihyderabadmegustajalebi-nilani-RuchaMulayChacchaswasthiTheta145centsDriftInfinitelyNazmaJani_grDEEPZzzz

DEEPZzzz IF-Stunnerz
DEEPZzzz
DEEPZzzz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Lovely post will b back to comment fully :)
okay I'm back :)
I agree with Ahem and I hope Koki accepts it, this reminds me of the education track where ahem supported Gopi too

Edited by TMK_lover - 08 August 2012 at 7:48pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadJustlikethat1ani_gr

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:12pm | IP Logged

Welcome back Harini ... Hug **Hugs and Kisses**

Missed you so much ..***wiping tears of happiness***

coming to the post will comment later after dinner Tongue
-

Read the post .. need i say it is fantastic as always.. ClapStar
Star
I still haven't watched the entire episode .. blame it on my hectic day.. just watched Ahem romancing his wife in kitchen .. right before rashi - yeh ladka toh gaya kaam seLOL

Edited by munnihyderabad - 08 August 2012 at 6:16pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Justlikethat1ani_gr

5cents IF-Rockerz
5cents
5cents

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
AWWW Harini, wonderful & thought provoking post !!! First our HMT hugHug   
I just hopped, jumped, skimmed & skipped & watched almost 3weeks of sns.
Yes, this track is all about woman empowerment. I'm glad they are touching this cause. I guess, this is relevant after education track. I just spent good 24 days in India & can say that it is still a very much male dominated society...it is changing but it is still in a 'Transition phase' . This is a good topic to touch right now.  Media has huge impact on society & I'm glad they are working for the betterment of society. An uneducated orphan Gopi's journey will come full circle with this business deal...WONDERFUL thought process!! This will surely serve as an inspiration to many underprivileged girls Thumbs Up

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadJustlikethat1DEEPZzzzani_gr

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by munnihyderabad

Welcome back Harini ... Hug **Hugs and Kisses**

Missed you so much ..***wiping tears of happiness***

coming to the post will comment later after dinner Tongue
-

Read the post .. need i say it is fantastic as always.. ClapStar
Star
I still haven't watched the entire episode .. blame it on my hectic day.. just watched Ahem romancing his wife in kitchen .. right before rashi - yeh ladka toh gaya kaam seLOL

Aww.. I missed you too MunniHug
Glad I could pop in today.. Got to converse to you and Tina.. Big smile Fantastic isn't itTongue

Will wait for your take and watch the episode.. It was a good one and I can see better ones in the way.. The achar mania is bringing out some novel things in a relevant way.Clap
Again well done SNS teamStar

munnihyderabad5centsani_gr

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 5cents

AWWW Harini, wonderful & thought provoking post !!! First our HMT hugHug   
I just hopped, jumped, skimmed & skipped & watched almost 3weeks of sns.
Yes, this track is all about woman empowerment. I'm glad they are touching this cause. I guess, this is relevant after education track. I just spent good 24 days in India & can say that it is still a very much male dominated society...it is changing but it is still in a 'Transition phase' . This is a good topic to touch right now.  Media has huge impact on society & I'm glad they are working for the betterment of society. An uneducated orphan Gopi's journey will come full circle with this business deal...WONDERFUL thought process!! This will surely serve as an inspiration to many underprivileged girls Thumbs Up

Hug Hug back and so glad you decided to post today tooBig smile
High Five partnerDancing and a big HMT hug Hug It has been hectic at work and during the weekends you should have seen me waiting to get that electronic gadget named laptop work atleast a littleLOL And it is still not working.. Ouch I have to beg and give it a shake at timesLOL

Coming back to the post, You are so right Tina. We still live in a society that has certain strict rules. Although at a point where women are working and are accepted readily, it is still dominated by prejudice and more than that, the fact that working is a choice that the girl makes for herself is being forgotten. More than the idea of widening the horizons, today, it is more about the need in the family that has made people accept a working woman.

DILs working when the family needs it is and is in dire straits what we have seen till now in all serials. A family crisis and the DIL saves the family by going to work and succeeding.. That is the routine.  But as usual SNS is diffferent. What I loved is that Gopi is not in that situation today.
She can choose to either take ignore the offer. With her husband, she will surely make the choice to become a business woman. Big smile

Talent needs no degrees. Nor does hardwork. Plus sincerity and the wish to succeed is more than enough to get things done. Love this take and the message being passed and will look forward to more of the track eagerly.. (When my lappy permitsWink)

munnihyderabadani_grDEEPZzzz

ani_gr IF-Stunnerz
ani_gr
ani_gr

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Harini Welcome back.. Nice to see you after a long time...Big smile..
Fabulous post as always ! Yes I agree with Ahem.. hope Kokila accepts it...Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadDEEPZzzz

-Archana- Goldie
-Archana-
-Archana-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Wonderful post Harini Clap your post made me realize importance of this track.

I think nowadays, women are in situation need to work to support their family financially.

In gopi's case it is her choice. We all know that gopi is smart, dedicated. She loves whatever work she does and feels satisfied. At the same time she is naive really don't understand the true nature of the people. Maybe signing this contract will help her to overcome this by interacting with others and make her independent.

With Ahem's support with no doubt she will shine in this business. Today ahem has became her true saathiya with love and pride.

Kokila thinks that there is no need for gopi to work and she is also hesitant as she is pregnant. As time goes kokila will support gopi like in this 2 years.

This is a very good message to the society there is no need to have degree to work. you can shine in whatever thing you are good at.

munnihyderabadJustlikethat1DEEPZzzz

Go to top