(Second Try) - Is India Ready for This?

kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I know I'm probably jumping the gun here, but  D-Day is fast approaching, at least in our minds if not the CV's minds. The contract is nearing it's end. According to the epis we have been watching thus far, Kushi and by all means Arnav SEEM to have forgotten about this contract in their new and exciting budding relationship. Not barring the thought, that the CV's actually let the time frame run it's course, (and I know real time does not match reel time) and the contract finally gets ended...what will happen then? Since neither Kushi or Arnav have brought it up so far does this mean that they will now live in "sin?" Is the Indian public ready for this? In a country where it is OK to show violence but not love, will the Indian public accept this? I emphasize Indian here since a major part of the viewer is from outside India and for us here in the West, living together before marriage, kissing on the lips or caressing the body is not as big of a deal as it seems to be in India (a bit of an anomaly, really, if it seems to be OK to show a body drenched in water, or to be [un!]dressed for maximum skin exposure, or...) Heck, forget the Indian public, will Kushi accept this? Here is a character whose whole being is made up of staunch morals that she has slowly been breaking one by one, only because of Arnav. Now that she loves him and now that she knows he loves her, even if he has not said so, will she allow herself to forgo her beliefs so that she can be with the man she loves? I'm looking at this entirely in the issue POV, and not that he might do the right thing etc. etc. Romantic ideals depict that one can do anything for love, as we have been witnessing since the story has been unfolding, but is India or for that matter, Kushi ready to live in "sin?"   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
You know what hit me hard from ur post? Khushi breaking her morals one by one for Arnav. THAT IS SO TRUE! She's doing everything she thought she would never do and why? Because she loves Arnav and her family. & Arnav can't give her the importance she deserves in his life.

Anyways coming back, is Khushi ready for this and are Indian audience ready for this? Well, its not a problem or a big deal for us western viewers but for Indian society and someone like Khushi it IS a big deal. Is she forgetting this contract marriage? IS Arnav forgetting it? Is his "love" forcing her to go against her morals? Is it "true love" ?

Amazing post hun!:)