Phir Subah Hogi

India-Forums

Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

a mother instinct to protect her child (Page 7)

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
I personally did not want Vikram and Sugni to get married without divorce, because that means she is repeating the history of her Mother's life.  However, if the marriage did take place, I too agree it would be better than the life she was offered before as a Bedni, because Vikram loves her. 
I don't think maybe thanks to the Cvs a lot of people understand what a Bedni has to do to survive, and the shame and humiliation they have to endure to earn a few dollars from a MARRIED man, who Puts his WIFE first.  You lay with him tonight and by morning you dare not tell him hello before his family.  I would prefer Sugni with Vikram than living this life.  I am a woman, I would never want her to live this life as a Bedni. 

What I realise, some parts of the show seem to be forgotten.  Even though Sugni was avoiding Rai dance for Thakurs for sometime, it is not until shortly before her father publicly condemned her and her family, that Gulabiya started to defend Sugni against her family, to not do Rai.
However, it was only a matter of time, because TJS had banned them in the community, and not even Rai,Sugni or Gulabiya could do, and with the help of TJS wife, Gulabiys brother was secretly arranging Rai for both Sugni and her Mother.  
It is Vikam who gave them a face again in the community again, and gave Sugni a job, that made them earn. Also, Gulabiya was able to now do some normal dance work, not for Thakurs. 
Vikram made a terrible mistake, but it is very very sad, that the good in him is not taken ONCE into consideration. 
That is life, you do a MILLION good and the ONE bad you do, the world is against you.  Really sad.

Just my two cents. 

Edited by hillydee - 10 August 2012 at 8:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cupdLaila2009

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
I don't know whether the show will head in this direction...but I think they should show Sugni finding another option.  I think she should stand up on her feet and find another way to live a respectable life just like how she tried to earn money by doing the Krishna drama.  

Why should marriage be the only option?  In real life, the bedni's should find a way to break out of this terrible tradition...that doesn't mean that all of the bedni's should find themselves a thakur husband or someone else to marry.

I hope they show something like this instead of the Adi/Sugni track.  It would be a LOT more interesting.

KalapiForeverSHINee

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
You have to understand we are watching the show about a community that still exists, they have not broken from this tradition.

Also, from a psychology point of view, the respectable marriage will have to happen, based on what these women have gone through, to make them feel better about themselves.

We who are free to do as we please, marry or not marry, can say anything and give a million solutions, but we will never understand how important it is for these women to get married and be loved and not live the life of a mistress.  After they have accomplished that, then they can evolve into thinking more independently like us.

Who knows, maybe Sugni may be shown doing this, but the cvs don't seem to bright at making awesome story lines.  No matter how they start out good, they always revert to the old silly way of making their stories. It is a Zee thing girl. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hillydee

You have to understand we are watching the show about a community that still exists, they have not broken from this tradition.

Also, from a psychology point of view, the respectable marriage will have to happen, based on what these women have gone through, to make them feel better about themselves.

We who are free to do as we please, marry or not marry, can say anything and give a million solutions, but we will never understand how important it is for these women to get married and be loved and not live the life of a mistress.  After they have accomplished that, then they can evolve into thinking more independently like us.

Who knows, maybe Sugni may be shown doing this, but the cvs don't seem to bright at making awesome story lines.  No matter how they start out good, they always revert to the old silly way of making their stories. It is a Zee thing girl. LOL

HD, I had high expectations for this how...the Cinderella romance was a bit unbelieveable and we all predicted a Jane Eyre type drama but we never thought he TVS would be made to be so ugly.  Turning Sugni and Gulabiya against each other was a bad move on the part of the writers...a far better storyline would have been to have no conflict between Gulabiya and TVS, had the marriage start and then Gulabiya or even Jiji show up with Reva...that would have been more palatable...All this need to make Gulabiya and Aditya look like heros...Oof too much and too poorly done.

Bracing self for Aditya Sugni lvoe story and more tarnishing of TVS...show is getting stale with these two constantly running into each other remaining speechless. Someone needs to fire this writer...seems to be some discount run of the mill guy these Zeetv people hire once they have audience for their show.

Hillylove

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
...I know that the community hasn't broken from these traditions...which is why I said that they should.

I think that two wrongs do not make a right.  If one marries, then they should do it the right way.  

You are right...the Bedni women do need love in their lives...but the most important thing is another way of earning money.  If this problem is solved, then marriage will be possible and prostitution would seem less appealing.  I think organizations are trying to this in real life...I think read about it somewhere, but I may be wrong.  Getting married shouldn't be the only option.  Maybe I have a more modern outlook, but I think that it is not good that poor people who think they have no option should find a money earning guy and settle down.  Also, there is the point of the Bedni men who probably wouldn't like the women marrying because they will then lose their income, and it is definitely not right that the women's husbands should provide for them too!

What I'm trying to say is that even though it seems like there is no other option, you shouldn't give up and succumb to options that are wrong.  If we all think like this, then India would never have gained independence, Jim Crow laws would have still existed, and apartheid wouldn't have ended.  I'm getting a bit too preachy now...but the concept makes sense.

I definitely agree that the CVs really need to have a good story line and actually stick with it!  This marriage track took the story farrr away from the original story line (which no one really knows what the original story line is!!!) and they didn't even handle the marriage track correctly!  I mean...what happened to Jwala Singh Thakur!?!  and why wasn't he there to talk about how Vikram is committing a sin or whatever!  Most of the important characters have disappeared.  I really hope they improve the story.

Edited by XAiShBaBy08X - 10 August 2012 at 9:07pm

survi035Kalapi

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
I guess you did not understand me.   I said that I wanted Vikram to get divorced before he married Sugni. I don't believe in the life of a mistress, my opinions on this are plastered all over the forum.

I think the only way you will understand the Bednis and their need to be respectfully married is if you do research or interview, then maybe you will understand that one has to creep before they can walk. They have to deal with feel respected before they can think of other bright future, like going to school, university and finding a career. 
Self worth is not as simple as you may see it, because you were brought up differently. 

Laila2009

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
I don't think you're understanding me either.  I'm saying that marriage shouldn't be the ONLY option.  Now that they showed Vikram lying, and they stopped the marriage from happening, which in my opinion, was a good thing since she would have become something along the lines of a mistress in the eyes of the society, they should show her doing something else to stand up on her feet.  

I don't want them to jump right into the Adi/Sugni romance.

Afterwards, the marriage track should come up...and hopefully, by then, she has someone else in her life or Vikram has redeemed himself.

I have done some research...even though there isn't a lot of stuff out there about the Bedni and other similar tribes.  I understand that it is extremely hard to come out of that mindset.  And from what I read from your comments, I think that you're trying to say that if some of them get married then their way of thinking will change.  I think this is an option that could work...but I'm thinking of obstacles that come in the way.  It is probably hard to find people who want to get married to Bedni women...which the whole caste system and all.  Also, I have read interviews in which some stated that they would earn a lot more for their families by getting sold instead of settling down and getting married.  In fact, I read somewhere where they said that the breadwinner of the family (the Rai dancer like Gulabiya) has a lot more respect than the married women in their culture and families.  Also, it is hard for Bedni men to find Bedni women to marry because they would much rather earn money...and yes I read that somewhere too.  So, from my research, the biggest problem is that they are earning a lot of money from this practice and getting respect for it too.  The biggest solution I see is education for both women AND men and an introduction to better jobs.  

I really have done research...and I looked this stuff up a while ago...I am one of those fans that HAVE watched this show from day ONE.  In fact, this show originally attracted my family and me because of the new concept of the Bedni tribe...and how Sugni wants to break away from their traditions. 

Do not get me wrong.  I am not accusing you of anything...I'm not saying that you wanted the illegal wedding to occur.  I'm just presenting my view.

Edited by XAiShBaBy08X - 10 August 2012 at 9:36pm

survi035

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
If you were reading and understanding, you would realise I too think marriage should not be the only option.  However, this is not about US or how we view life, this is about a community of women  that are not as fortunate as us to have the option to marry or not marry.

I pray that you learn to read carefully and stop assuming what another is saying. I don't attack posts, only give my opinion. and anyone can tell you that on this forum. It would help if you read an opposing view and not feel you are being attacked and your opinion is not worthy.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index