Ignoscentia-chapter 8 posted page 15

AY_candy_luver thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello!

I'm new here, but I was actively involved in PRC and DV.  Someone suggested to me to post this story here, so I want to give it a shot. Its been posted on RTW as well. For my other work you guys should go and check that site out. 

I posted other stuff here, so if you guys are interested, see that too.

My RTMC FF- Life ke Side Effects

My MishKa two-shot- A Feeling called L.O.V.E

My HP FF- Unnamed (just called Girl Harry)

I wrote a story for Katha Ratna, but I couldn't finish it before the deadline. For those who don't know Katha Ratna is a contest on RTW. There were exams and trips coming in the way, so it really wasn't possible to finish it. Anyway, I think it was a good thing I didn't, because I think it wouldn't be accepted anyway. It didn't really fit into any of the themes of this year.  :P

Anyway, contest or no contest, I really wanted to write this story, as something quite similar happened to me, so its very close to my heart. I have to say, I'm happy with the story. It may not be my best piece of writing, but it sticks to the theme throughout (which is quite an accomplishment for me). 

This story is about forgiveness; ignoscentia is latin for 'forgiveness'.  Personally, i hold grudges for a long time, and its really hard for me to forgive someone. So, writing something like this was really fun for me, because there is forgiveness in this story. 

Anyway, I think I've babbled enough, so here is the preface to my story. Hope you guys like it, and please do comment, because without comments, I won't know if anyone's reading ;). Also this, for me, is an RTMC story'but really you can decide to chose anyone as the protagonists, its entirely up to you who you guys imagine the protagonists to be. 

Preface

Once upon a time, there lived three friends. Perhaps I should rephrase that; three best friends. There was Alya, (who was popularly known as Al) Sam(eer) (who had really only been referred to by his first name during his naamkaran) and Kabir (who was often called bubbles, much to his chagrin). They had grown up together, right from pre-school. Every waking moment of theirs was spent together, every memory spun together.

As it happens with everyone, they hit teenage, and the unthinkable happened. Alya and Sam started dating. And it felt no less than love-when they kissed, when they held hands, when they looked at each other across the room, that love struck grin plastered on their faces...Their dating didn't disrupt the trio's friendship; they were convinced that nothing was going to change. 

There comes a phase in every couple's life, when they start fighting intensely. Whether it's about what to eat or what their song is, the fights keep coming. The same happened with Al and Sam. They fought nearly day and night, completely forgetting the feeling of love that had been so persistent in the beginning. Everything went in a downwards spiral from them on. The fights increased, got more public. Eventually, even Kabir was pulled into the couple's verbal spats, and he did not like that.

Dark, dreary clouds of anger overshadowed their love for each other. They were wrapped in a tight cocoon, spun by their ire. It tightened with every fight, to the point that the three started suffocating. The only way out was to break free, and that's exactly what they did-Sam and Alya broke up (it was a mutual decision). 

There was just too much pent-up anger though, that they unleashed ruthlessly on each other. The fights didn't stop after the break-up, as they had adamantly believed it would. The boys, fed up, finally gave up. 

Gave up on the friendship that they had promised not to break. Perhaps I should rephrase that- they gave up on our friendship.  Our memories. Our bond. Our secrets...all carried away by the same winds that held the words spoken in fits of rage, and tender words spoken by a love-struck couple...puppy love more like. 

More than any of that, my two supposed best friends gave up on me. Left me, no, they abandoned me. Yes, I, Alya Bose, was ostracized and isolated by my two best friends. Kicked to the curb, and watched as I crumbled.

There we go'tell me what you guys thought. Will post the first chapter soon :)

Ana 
''

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1- page 1

Chapter 2- page 2

Chapter 3- page 4

Chapter 4- page 5

Chapter 5- page 7

Chapter 6- page 10

Chapter 7- page 13

Chapter 8- page 15

Edited by AY_candy_luver - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AY_candy_luver thumbnail

I find it a little weird that there are twenty seven views and no replies, but oh well. Here's the first chapter, for anyone that read the preface and is interested in reading the story (which I presume is not a lot of people). If no one comements I suppose it would be best to delete the post...

Chapter 1-The drama Project

Alya's POV (point of view)

"Hey! I'm Jay." An overly enthusiastic boy beamed widely at me, as he plopped himself in the seat next to mine.

"Oh great, another person who thinks that there's nothing wrong with the world." I grumbled, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name..." He asked brightly, either being too dense to notice my pointed eye-roll, or choosing to ignore it.

"Alya." I offered, without a friendly smile.

Honestly, I was not in the mood...not to say that I was ever in the mood, and now I was forced to do this stupid project with someone who (in the words of Colbie Caillait) shined brighter than the sun.

You see, we were assigned partners for this huge project, which apparently counted for half your grade in drama. My crazy drama teacher had read about a new technique to hone your acting skills. Some crap about knowing everything there is to know about your partner before working on a scene. In other words, we were forced to spill our secrets to a complete stranger, and present it in front of the class.

"So...Alya, what do you like doing?" Chirped up the undying ball of sunshine. Ugh, he sickened me...with all his smiling and being nice and...just...bleh!

"Nothing...really..." I replied, shrugging. I added the last part because I realized I was being unnecessarily harsh to the guy. I didn't even know him, and I was judging him already.

Although I could hazard a guess; he was either in a struggling boy band or one of those 'hot-nerds'. Wait a minute...that hair, it was incredibly familiar. There was just something about the way he flipped it...and that hint of a green in his eyes...Yep, I was pretty sure of it, I'd seen him somewhere before.

"I've seen you before." I stated blandly, more to myself than to him.

"We go to the same school...I wouldn't be surprised if we passed each other in the hallway." He said with a slight chuckle. I scowled. So 'hot nerd' it was.

"Anyway, are you free today after-school?" He asked, again, completely ignoring my scowl.

"And the purpose of asking this question is...?" I asked, raising my eyebrows suspiciously at him.

"Well, my band's practicing after-school, so we could hang out and get to know more about each other.' He replied, completely unabashed. I marveled at his ability to maneuver through my pointed insults, with great ease, might I add. Usually people were completely thrown off by it, and either offended or scared of me.

"Your band?!" I asked incredulously.

"Yep, do you wanna come see us play?" He asked. I realized he was part of a struggling boy band and was a hot nerd. Watch out lady's, this guy's a catch.

"I can think of no better way to spend my afternoon." I replied, my tongue laced with sarcasm, somehow managing to refrain myself from rolling my eyes.

"Great! So... I'll see you at five?" He asked, his eyes brightening, smiling. Clearly, he did not understand the concept of sarcasm. I was about to introduce him to it, but looking at his wide smile...

"Okay..." I answered with a sigh, nodding and dropping my gaze from his over-enthusiastic frame. Very conveniently (for me) the bell rang right at that moment. I got up hastily, grabbing my bag and started to walk away, when Jay grabbed me by the arm.

"Here's the address to my house. At five, okay?" He slipped a piece of paper in my hand, as I nodded and walked away.

"Tweny-four, Defense Colony..." I muttered, putting the paper in my pocket, knowing that it would be forgotten.

----

Twenty-four, Defense Road...Scribbled in an almost illegible scrawl, in shiny black ink. It was staring straight at me. I didn't particularly know why. It was very simple. I had decided to not waste my Friday and stay at home. It was best to spare my ears the torture of hearing a bunch of half-talented, struggling musicians.

What was more, from Jay's behaviour, I could safely presume that his songs were going to be happy. And there was nothing I hated more than listening to happy songs. Oh wait, scratch that. Nothing more than listening to a group of kids my age 'trying' to make music that they think people will like, just so they can climb the social ladder towards popularly.

So, in reality, there was no reason for me to go...Except, of course, because my drama grade depended on it. And I could not afford to get another C on my report. My sister would, indefinitely and very cruelly murder me. She had assured me of it at the start of the term.

"Fine, you win." I said to the crumpled up piece of paper, realizing a little too late that I had to be totally mad to be talking to an inanimate object. Oh well, it was fun to be insane.

LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey!

It is really sad to see how devoid of activity this forum is. What's even more sad is that some of the writings posted here are sheer brilliance. And yet, nobody bothers to read or comment. ๐Ÿ˜• Do not be disheartened, though. ๐Ÿ˜ŠAnd do not ever compare the quality of your writing with the number of likes/comments. 

Coming to the story, I think you are off to a flying start! ๐Ÿ˜‰ The concept of this story is very intriguing. And I just loved chapter one. It is extremely well written. It gives away but does not give away too much and hence, gets the reader very excited to read the next part of the story. I would love to see how you continue from this point.

I do not know if you are going to post chapter two here. But I will give you a piece of advice-do not give up on this story, even if you don't receive a lot of feedback. If you do post, though, do not forget to PM me. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Great job! 

AY_candy_luver thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveToLaugh

Hey!

It is really sad to see how devoid of activity this forum is. What's even more sad is that some of the writings posted here are sheer brilliance. And yet, nobody bothers to read or comment. ๐Ÿ˜• Do not be disheartened, though. ๐Ÿ˜ŠAnd do not ever compare the quality of your writing with the number of likes/comments. 

Coming to the story, I think you are off to a flying start! ๐Ÿ˜‰ The concept of this story is very intriguing. And I just loved chapter one. It is extremely well written. It gives away but does not give away too much and hence, gets the reader very excited to read the next part of the story. I would love to see how you continue from this point.

I do not know if you are going to post chapter two here. But I will give you a piece of advice-do not give up on this story, even if you don't receive a lot of feedback. If you do post, though, do not forget to PM me. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Great job! 

Aww!! You have no idea how much your comment means to me! It literally warmed my heart. I was feeling all tingly inside. So thank you very much! :) I haven't given up on this story. As I've said before, the concept is very dear to my heart, so fear not, this will continue๐Ÿ˜‰

I try not to be disheartened, but if I work so hard on something, I hope to get some sort of a response. Butโ€ฆwell, such is life. I'm learning to not be very upset with the lack of a response. I will post the second chapter soon, and won't forget to PM you. 
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey there! 
So I have been a silent reader of your story, sorry I didn't bother to comment before because of my sheer laziness and net being slow. But had to comment after the first chapter. It was really good, you are an excellent writer and the way of telling story is intriguing. :)

I know how it feels when you post something and do not get a single response, have been there but have gotten used to it now. ๐Ÿ˜†
But don't give up, comments do come at times late so keep posting and please continue. :)
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Found it!Hey ana!its disha from RTW ๐Ÿ˜› I finally found writer's corner,pm'ed you in RTW a while back asking bout the link :P 

anyhoo,you already know my views on the ff!you're simply epic! <3
AY_candy_luver thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ameres

Hey there! 

So I have been a silent reader of your story, sorry I didn't bother to comment before because of my sheer laziness and net being slow. But had to comment after the first chapter. It was really good, you are an excellent writer and the way of telling story is intriguing. :)

I know how it feels when you post something and do not get a single response, have been there but have gotten used to it now. ๐Ÿ˜†
But don't give up, comments do come at times late so keep posting and please continue. :)

Thanks so much for your comment :). Its alright, I am slowly learning to get over the fact that people don't comment either ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Not quite there yetโ€ฆbut just a short distance to cover. Don't worry, I love this story too much to abandon it. And I will post it here if people are interested ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
AY_candy_luver thumbnail

Originally posted by: disha15

Found it!Hey ana!its disha from RTW ๐Ÿ˜› I finally found writer's corner,pm'ed you in RTW a while back asking bout the link :P 

anyhoo,you already know my views on the ff!you're simply epic! <3

Hey stranger :). 
Haha! I just saw it on RTW right now. I'm so sorry I didn't reply, you must think I'm a horrible person. Aww thanks so muc Disha, that's really sweet :D <3
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
no problem at all ana! :) 
AY_candy_luver thumbnail
Alright. Here's the second chapter. Thank you so much to everyone who commented. It really made my day :) Hope you guys enjoy this. 

Chapter 2- A visit from the past

Jay's POV

"By the way guys there might be someone coming to see us practice today. Actually, she should be here by now." One of my band mates looked up from tuning his guitar, an eyebrow perfectly raised.

"She?" He asked suggestively, grinning mischievously. 

"It's not like that man. Its for the drama project." I replied, rolling my eyes at my two band mates, who threw me looks of disbelief.

"Right. It always starts with a drama project." One of them quipped, chuckling. I threw a pillow at him, and missed by a metre. 
Damn! I needed to start playing sports again. 

"Shut up you guys," I muttered, just as the doorbell rang loudly. I didn't miss the look exchanged between my band mates. I immediately knew the significance of it... 

"No." I said firmly. All I got in response was two identical grins planted on on their faces.

"No, no, 
no NO!" And before I knew it, I was chasing after them, running to stop them from opening the door to my clueless and moody drama partner.

"Hi, I'm Sa-" I groaned loudly, slowing to a walk to cross the distance of a few centimeters to the main door.

"Okay Sam, why don't you-" I faltered in my speech, as I saw the ashen look on my generally frowny drama partner's face. No, not ashen, that was an understatement. She looked pained, as if she had just choked on something. 

I turned to exchange a bewildered look with my band member, only to find a similar 
'I-have-just-been-strangled' expression on his face. 

"Hey...why so...Al?!" Kabir's exclamation seemed to bring Sam and Alya back to reality.

"I...I...I have to..." She dug her hands in her pockets, lowering her gaze.

"You guys know Alya?!" I asked, the surprise clear in the tone of my voice. Almost instantly, her head shot up, and before Sam or Kabir could even open their mouths, she replied.

"We might have seen each other around...its a small neighborhood." 

From the corner of my eye, I saw pain flicker in Kabir and Sam's eyes, but it vanished as quickly as it came. So, I wasn't even sure whether the pain I had seen was a figment of my imagination, or not. I had a strong suspicion that it was the latter. 

"I see..." I said, my tone indicating the disbelief I felt.

"I have to go. I.." The rest of her speech came out garbled, and completely incoherent. Once again, I had a strong suspicion that she was mumbling on purpose.

"I'm sorry...didn't quite catch that..." I said, a glint of mischief held in my eyes. She rolled hers, and sighing, as if she was Atlas, spoke again.

"I can't do this right now. We can meet tomorrow at school to start the project."

"You came all the way here to tell me 
that?" I asked, cocking up an eyebrow, an exaggerated, bewildered expression on my face. She glared fiercely at me, as I bit back the laugh begging to burst forth.

"Look. If you want to work on our project, we can do it tomorrow. If you don't, I'm okay with that as well." I nodded, fighting to keep a straight face as she walked away, her brows furrowed. 

I mentally gave myself a pat on the back for managing to wipe that pained expression off her face. It was much better to have her moody than hurting (for some unknown reason) on the inside. 

Now, if only my band mates would enlighten me on exactly why my new drama partner's face fell when she saw them...

"Alright..." I turned to them, closing the door behind me.

"What the hell was that?" I asked, trying not to snort at their poor attempts to feign innocence. There was a reason they didn't take drama. 

"What do you mean?" Asked Kabir, his voice squeaking as he tried to lie. I raised my eyebrows, staring incredulously at him.

"Please. You know her, don't you?" I asked them, watching Sam stir from the corner of my eye, as Kabir threw a desperate look at him. Unfolding his hands, Sam answered my question.

"Why don't you ask her that?" Something about his frame made me feel a little uneasy. Perhaps it was because of his tightened jaw, or the way he was glaring rather...menacingly at me. Yep, it was probably the menacing glare. Nonetheless, I had to keep my cool.

"I did. And she said she didn't. But I also know she was lying." I replied, keeping calm.

"Well, that's a bit presumptuous, don't you think?" Kabir spoke up, as Sam shifted his glare to my tiled, stone floor. 

"You knew her name Kabir." I replied, my tone perhaps a bit accusatory. Sam directed his glare back at me, full-fledged fury now simmering in his eyes. He took a step closer to me, and spoke in a voice that was very nearly shouting.

"Jay, I'm 
warning you. If you don't stay out of this, I swear to god I'll-"

"Sam!" Kabir exclaimed, interrupting what I presumed was to become a tirade. Sighing, Sam stopped, stepping back. Closing his eyes, he pinched the bridge of his nose, taking deep breaths. 

"Look bro, I'm sorry. But don't try to get in between this. It's long, complicated and super messy, so there's no point." I opened my mouth to speak, only to close it promptly, at a loss for words.

"Well see you tomorrow man." Kabir said, slapping my back in an attempt to be comforting. I smiled unfalteringly at him-there was a reason I was in drama class. 

"Let's go Sam." Sam had returned to glaring at the tiled floor, deep in thought, as he seemed to not have heard Kabir.

"Sam?" This time Kabir shook Sam, waking him from his reverie. He looked up, a quizzical expression on his face.

"Let's go. Without waiting for an answer, Kabir opened the main door, and dragging Sam along, left. Just like that-without any answers and leaving me utterly confused.

Sam's POV

Darkness. I stumbled through the dark oblivion in my room, my hands sticking out blindly, looking for the switch. Light. I sighed in relief, as the room was flooded in light. I couldn't be in the dark...not tonight.

Like a wounded soldier, I limped to my wardrobe and started opening the drawers in frenzy. I rummaged through the compartments, throwing stuff out in frustration, nearly giving up until...A thick, leather bound book, tattering at the seams was brought back to my bed. With the utmost care, I flipped it open. Picture by picture flashed in front of my eyes, each bringing fresh pain in the pit of my stomach. It felt as if a knife was stabbing me, 
repeatedly 

There were three kids: two boys and a girl, smiling cheekily in a treehouse. Riding bikes, swimming, giving two dogs a bath, dressed as pirates, at birthday parties blowing candles on the cakes together...My hand froze in mid-air, as I stared at the picture in front of me. The pain in my stomach increased, the knife twisting. 

A beautiful girl was kissing a guy on the cheek, holding a bouquet of flowers in her hand. It had been the day I had asked her out. The guy in the picture was me, and the girl kissing me was my ex-girlfriend, Alya. I swallowed the tears threatening to spill. Snapping the album shut, I threw it aside. I closed my eyes, sighing as the album crashed loudly into the wall. 

Alya...Al for short...I 
despised her. Loathed her for making me fall in love with her, and breaking my heart. Detested her for being so bloody amazing, that even after a year, my eyes searched for her in the hallway, stopped and stared at her house every time I passed by...But mostly, I abhorred her for the way my heart screamed in pain, when she refused to acknowledge us. Tonight confirmed my worst fears. I was still in love with her; and I hated, hated, HATED her for that. 

Kabir's POV

I groaned as my phone beeped, lighting up the room. I didn't need light, not tonight. All I needed was the darkness...to consume my biting guilt and me. It was all my fault. Well, maybe it was a little bit Sam's fault as well, but I had abandoned her. I guess he had abandoned her too, but he actually had a valid reason.

I was her best friend. The same one who had promised her that come what may; I was not to leave her. I rolled to my side, picking up my phone, and saw a message from Sam. 

U ok bro? 

Once again, the all-consuming guilt flooded every pore of my body. I knew he must have been feeling pretty miserable...when really, I was the one to blame. If only I had tried to smoothen things out between them. If only I had made them realize how utterly idiotic they were being. If only I had forced them to talk things out...

I buried my head in a pillow, groaning. It was too late for if onlys. There was no point in regretting things that I 
could have done, but didn't do. It was all my fault, and I hated myself for it. Every single day that I saw her alone in the hallway. When I passed by her house, and when I saw Sam look longingly in her direction...I detested myself. I closed my eyes hoping to escape the horrible feeling of self-loathing in the pit of my stomach. 

Maybe..just tonight, I might fall asleep without feeling like the biggest asshole in the world. There was a glimmer of hope, that the darkness would consume my crime, would cover it to be forgotten. But then I remembered the pain in her eyes, her face flashed in front of my closed eyes. There was no escaping it, I was trapped.