Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

India-Forums

How things change... - SS updated pg 20 (Page 6)

urmil Goldie
urmil
urmil

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
nice update...thanks for pm

BadtameezDil. IF-Rockerz
BadtameezDil.
BadtameezDil.

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Amazing!!! Loved it!!
A bit of conmfusing..
But..Thats the suspense!
Continue soon...

Edited by __Shivani__ - 13 August 2012 at 2:16am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pj-

Anu101 Senior Member
Anu101
Anu101

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Thank you so much for the pm and sorry for the late comment
Really eager to know what went wrong...can't even make a guess..I mean they all seperated Ouch
Please do continue soon
Hugzzz

-Pj-

-Pj- IF-Rockerz
-Pj-
-Pj-

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 3:58pm | IP Logged

Ok guys I'm back with another part but you have to endure my ranting first. Firstly thank you all of taking the time to read the story. I know I haven't thanked you all individually but I do appreciate all the comments that you write. I know this is a tad confusing compared to my previous SS; hopefully it will all make sense eventually. If not read the old one: D I know there is a lot of Viren and Jeevika other characters will come into play later, but currently it's a Viren and Jeevika heavy. I don't know if the colours help but I like having different colours for speech and text. 

A little recap: 

Viren and Jeevika live alone. They have separated from the Vadheras but also hold no relation with Maanvi. 

Enjoy the next part. Ps please let me know if the story is making no sense. 

Part 3

Jeevika laid in bed wide-awake; she could not help to think about what her life has become. She glances over at her husband who is fast asleep and thinks to herself how lucky she is to have him, but she doesn't know how to let him back in. Most of Jeevika's nights were like this. She would relive the past, the decisions she made and the words she chose to use. From growing up in the streets of Rishikesh, to the luxury of the Vadhera household, to her life today. In each passing phrase, Jeevika had changed. From a young girl, to a bahu, to a working women who was trying to manage her professional and personal life with all its complications.

As she wallowed in self-pity, all she could think about was Maanvi. It had been so long since they had spoken, would she want to talk to her. Jeevika felt that something has happened but every time she dialled the phone, she would disconnect it before the second ring. As she looked at the clock morning had come, Viren's alarm would not go off for another hour. Jeevika decided to wake and get ready for the day ahead. 

Days passed and the house began quieter, the only voice that was ever heard was Viren's when she tried talking to Jeevika mainly during dinner. Even though Jeevika did respond, Viren could sense the distance. She spend most of her evenings either working in the study or in the living room. Her world was shrinking, and preferred the lonely silence inside an empty room.

Abruptly plates and cups smashed against the floor, startling Jeevika who was working on the sofa.

"Are you going to sit there and not say a word?!!" Finally, Viren had patience had broken. "You can't just sit there anymore. I can't bear this silence. You need to talk, say something, anything! Just talk!" He walked around, grabbed Jeevika by the arms, and stood her up. "Look at me, I want to help you. I know you are struggling, but I don't know how help, if you do not talk to me!"     

The silence broke inside Jeevika.

"What do you want from me?!" Pushing Viren hands off her. "I don't want to talk about it. How does that help? Nothing will change; I will still be in the same place I am in now. So what is the point? I've lost everything, my parents, my family, my sister, MY child. Everyone is gone, they left, and some forever, whist others carry on with their lives, without even looking back. Where am I left, alone by myself." 

"By yourself?! I left my family with you. You are my family. Who do I have? What am I to you? Am I nothing? You have a life with me. One we have build together, so how have you lost everything. We lost a child... " Viren spoke without thinking; Jeevika's words struck a chord in him.  

Flashback- A few months back

The moment Jeevika found out she was pregnant she couldn't wait to share this news with her husband. She even still had the stick in her hand when she told him. Their excitement had no bounds, it was the happiest day of their life. Viren always wanted to be a father, he had missed out on a father's love as a child, but he wanted to shower his child will all the love a person could offer. This new turn in their life had brought so much happiness and joy. That neither of them could explain that feeling.  

A few weeks later:

"Jeevika, Jeevika, where are you? I can't find..." Jeevika walked out of the bathroom with a towel in her hand wiping her face. She looked slightly pale. Viren rushed up to her. "Are you ok? What's wrong? Is every..." She gave out a light chuckle. In a deep breath she spoke. "I thought I was the Fikar Minster? It's just morning sickness... I'm fine" she placed her hand on one side of her stomach, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. She convinced Viren that she was fine and that this was normal. 

A week later, it was a Saturday evening and Jeevika wanted to make Viren a special dinner for winning a big case for his firm. She was preparing dinner in the kitchen when Viren walked in after smelling the aroma. "Wow Mrs. Vadera, something smells nice in here." As she looked up, she gave him a faint smile. Viren turned and opened the fridge. She braced herself with the worktop and took a deep breath. 

"Jeevika where is the bread?" Trying to comprehend what Viren asked. "It's ...umm on .the ..top shelf" her vision was starting to blur, and she was feeling light headed, she dropped the spoon in her hand and held onto the counter. 

"Jeevika it's not here. I wanted to sort out lunch for tomorrow" 

"Virenji ... It's ... It's" Suddenly Jeevika collapsed on the kitchen floor. Viren turned and saw Jeevika lying on the ground unconscious. He ran to her. "Jeevika, Jeevika!!" he tried waking her up, but he couldn't. 

"What's her name?" the paramedics asked. Sobbing Viren replied Jeevika. She was in and out of consciousness; she was holding onto her stomach, looking up as Viren, she turned and throws up in the ambulance. Viren informed them that she was 8 weeks pregnant. On the way to the hospital, Jeevika blood pressure was extremely low and her heart rate was increasing rapidly. 

She was rushed into the emergency room. The doctors started to work on her, trying to find out why her blood pressure was so low. They took the ultrasound to look at the foetus. Quickly they prepped Jeevika for surgery and rushed out the room. 

Outside Viren waited and prayed for his wife. He did not know what suddenly happened to Jeevika. His world seemed to be crashing before his very eyes and he could stop it even if he tried. The doctor hurried into the corridor. 

"Mr Vadera?" Viren rushed towards the doctor and began bombarding him with questions. 

"Mr. Vadera, understand you have a lot of questions but your wife needs immediate surgery. She has an ectopic pregnancy. This is where the fertilised egg has implanted inside your wife's Fallopian tube. There is a high risk of rupture; we need to take her immediately." Trying to make sense of what the doctor has said, Viren asked about the baby. 

"I'm sorry but your child cannot develop outside the uterus. I'm sorry I need to go, if the tube ruptures, it can have severe consequences."  

Viren was left standing as his world collapsed. He has not only lost his child but Jeevika's life was also at risk. As he waited outside the operation theatre, he thought about all of his moments with Jeevika. The moments of joy and those fights that every married couple have, but all those little arguments seem so silly in comparison to this moment.  Jeevika came out of surgery successfully. There had been complications but she was recovering well. 

Viren sat by her bedside, slowly she was coming out of the anaesthesia. She looked up at Viren and gave a light smile. "Virenji..." she found it difficult to talk, Viren sshed her and took her hand. "What happened? How is our baby?" A tear fell from Viren's eyes, how was he going to tell Jeevika the truth. He rubbed her hands and braced himself. 

"Jeevika... we lost our baby." those words shook Jeevika world. "You had an ectopic pregnancy, the baby was growing inside your Fallopian tube, and as it grew, it ruptured your tube risking your life. The doctors tried to repair your tube but there was too much damage and you had lost a lot of blood. They had to remove it" Jeevika had not heard anything pasted the first sentence. She sat there silent in shock. Neither did a tear fall, nor did she utter a word. Viren leant in and cried on Jeevika's bed. Slowly she patted him on the back and as she tried to understand what had happened.

Viren was finally able to see into her pain, something which he was unable to do before. That night, things had finally opened up, when morning came; Viren had made an appointment with a therapist for Jeevika to talk to, to overcome her grief. Viren was tidying away when he saw Jeevika's old mobile on the bed. He wondered why it was out, as she has not used it in months. As he when to pick it up, he noticed that it was turned on. He flicked through the iPhone as saw some funny pictures of him and Jeevika, whist they were redoing their home. After a few short taps, Viren ended up in her notes. As soon as he realised what he was reading, he knew he should stop but he couldn't this was the only way to know what Jeevika was actually thinking.   

'June 5th

It is said that good things happen to good people. Well if that is true, then why does it seem that it is the bad and evil always seem to win and the good are punished? We are told that there is magic in the world and that God that looks down upon us and steers us to what is good and right. Or is this just something we tell ourselves so we do not feel alone in world. Because in what reality does that happen. No one looks out for you; there is so much suffering for that to be true.

June 6th

It just seems too unreal, the way we live our lives without a care for anyone else. We just believe that everything will be ok; we tell ourselves that it will all work out; somehow, magically, everything will work out. It is said that if at the end something is not fine, then it is not the end. Is that what life is? Struggling to find our happy ending? Are we never content with what we have, that we have to search and dig for more. And when we have got it all, will we continue to dig? Will that void inside ever be filled? The emptiness inside could kill, how do we tame it? How do we not succumb to those voices inside us? I can laugh with everyone from the outside but what happens when you feel nothing. How do you express that in words? How... '

Viren could not read anymore. His wife had been holding so much back from him, that he felt ashamed that he did not realise. He was oblivious to the fact that Jeevika carried this pain with her. He didn't know how he could have been that ignorant to the fact.    

A few weeks had past and Jeevika was making little progress, but she was making progress. Viren decided to change their scenery. He wanted to head up to Rishikesh as he knows how peaceful and beautiful Jeevika finds it. However, he did not know of Jeevika would be willing to go. 

"Rishikesh? Why Rishikesh?"

Viren was holding his wife's hands. 

"Jeevika I know Rishikesh may not be your first choice after everything, but you grew up there, your parents are there. We won't go anywhere you don't want to. It's just somewhere different from here." 

After a little conceiving Jeevika agreed to go to Rishikesh. Jeevika had a loving husband who was supporting through her grief, but somehow it wasn't enough. 

Part 4- page 8

Edited by -Pj- - 21 December 2012 at 3:35pm

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

laila889shabeelaforKTaaliya172VinalJainchandana123Daniaax3Kajol20sabeehaNimishrrMTBT_12071316Anu101munnihyderabadjenna_purmilsweetdollashitapreetivrShabana0786shine123forever_youngAmii90Eyes-Wide-ShutFari_15Saaraa.pinky.paddaavni_19-vish-sushmakryankusharberry..Zainab..

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Res..

wow u updated.. will read and comment

***Edited***

Ufff let me get my words to comment .. awesomely brilliant ClapStar well the story was quite intriguing and gripping at the same time.. i was holding my breath at certain places...

I know there are still many things to be uncovered.. but love the way u are taking the story .. trying to ramp it up..Clap

at the start.,.. even before viren said about the silent killing him.. i felt the same.. indeed the house seemed to be haunted with only 2 people and one voice being heard...beautifully written...Star.. her apprehensions weather to call or not.. the way she sent one ring and disconnect is so real.. which we do with a person with whom we had a fight, is the person whom we love the most ..

sooo poor Jeevika..she had an ectopic pregnancy that is really tough...going through tremendous pain and anguish which Viren is not even aware of ...

loved the philosophical bits in the june 5th and 6th notes Clap

so they are going to Hrishikesh ?? will they end up meeting Maanvi,..

ok now enough of my thoughts ..will wait for the next one...

Edited by munnihyderabad - 15 August 2012 at 4:28pm

-Pj-

-vish- IF-Rockerz
-vish-
-vish-

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
aww..poor jeevika...i hope she comes out from her depression with help of viren...
amazing update...loved how u expressed jeevika's feelings in the notes.
pls continue soonSmile
and PM me

-Pj-

girl97 Goldie
girl97
girl97

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 6:44pm | IP Logged

so cute and nice part
i love ur concept a lot 

-Pj-