India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Despite my thunder thighs, I was at the top: Kajol

lentils IF-Dazzler
lentils
lentils

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

Despite my thunder thighs I was on the top spot, says Kajol!

Kajols Devgn banishes the myth that one needs to be size zero and wear only branded clothes to survive or rather we say, reach the top spot in Bollywood. She also says that despite being a fashion disaster and possessing thunder thighs, yet she was no 1, at one point of time.

Recalling her past when she was often criticized for a bad dressing sense, a phase when she lost all confidence in herself and later gave a deaf ear when her films started to succeed, Kajol says, "I remember reams of newsprint being written about how my thunder thighs were ruling the screen."

"It was a scary time and didn't give me a lot of confidence about the way I looked. But eventually, I realized that my films were still doing well, and I was getting more work, so I stopped caring."

Kajol also said there is so much of pressure on today's actors to stay fit and slim and dress in designer clothes, which is unnecessary and sheer nonsense.

"There's so much emphasis on being a size zero, wearing the right brands. I don't think I would have been able to handle this pressure."

Despite being a mother of two, Kajol has no plans to quit the film industry and says she would want to act even at the age of 70.
"I don't think I will ever be off the market as an actress. I want to act even when I'm 70. I could play the sexy, stunning grandmother."

In the recent past, Kajol has been working out on her baby fat quite religiously and has now become a fitness freak. She may not be size zero but she definitely looks more fit, tones and stylish.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

hadix2050-Charmed-mnmjmoon.riveranju011pria4everRekha_jiShayu.New_novaNkapoor3bambogliStarktasticani_gr-Priya-

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
agree with every thing she said!

only kajol would have come up with something like this as she is one of the very rare who survived on true talent!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-Charmed-mnmj-FSH-huneymonstapria4everJayneNkapoor3Angel-likeDevilani_gr

ashna26 IF-Sizzlerz
ashna26
ashna26

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
I still wonder what happen to Kajol she used to dressed very sloppy and now she is wearing some desginer clothes etc..I guess she changed or not.  
But in the past people didn't expect actresses to be super fit and thin. Don't think we had actressed with the perfect figure back then!!  Be lucky you enter then in the industry.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

anju011LemonyLord_VoldemortJayneabby_girl30Mizz_Sunshin3Shayu.Chameli_billi.khoobsurat.-Chandramukhi--SMay31-.shona.Angel-likeDevilTheRager

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
well i think people are lucky who are in industry now coz having the right talent is tougher than just wearing some desginer clothes and being a show piece like it is these days!

i bet majority of today's actresses would have failed big time in 90's as it was more to do with talent

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Charmed-JaynelentilsNkapoor3ani_grAngel-likeDevil

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koiza.k

well i think people are lucky who are in industry now coz having the right talent is tougher than just wearing some desginer clothes and being a show piece like it is these days!

i bet majority of today's actresses would have failed big time in 90's as it was more to do with talent

so true!! today alot of importance is given to looks than acting and with designer clothes and plastic surgeries...anyone and everyone looks pretty!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Charmed-lentilsJayneNkapoor3ani_grAngel-likeDevilStarktastic

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
^^ Not everyone looks pretty in the industry! Most of them just make themselves ugly or uglier with these plastic surgeries.. and I would say, these days not only looks but the combination of looks with acting and connection with the audience is important. Otherwise Sharukh, Aamir and Ajay wouldn't be at the top right now.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lentilsJaynebambogli

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
You were at the top because of the post-DDLJ Srk-Kajol hysteria. Duhr. Silly 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

frostylentilsShayu.-Chandramukhi-TheRager

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lentilsShayu.Enycedollfire_gun

Go to top