India-Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Deja Vu: Colours & Forced Marriages# Video#

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
So saw the forced marriages promo and the video link and maan what an experience of deja vu.  Colours seem to be trying to recapture laagi tujhse lagans success with its forced marriage storyline. This scene is where the gangster dutta marries nakku in humiliating public  'wedding' left me truamatised.  i havent ever felt more for a reel drama/character.  her mangal sutar was a 'phaansi ka phanda''...the home her pinjra to punish her for supposedly plotting against him. 
i thought it would be interesting to find out if people have seen any other forced marriages on other shows which have had the same impact.  And what is it about this forced marriage track that works so well?  are we females reaallly all that eager to see women humiliated for a man who may change...but may never change.

Below is a link of the summary of the dutta/nakku first wedding.  the whole episodes are to long so found this.  credit to the uploader only (not me)!

QUOTE=-Madhubala-]
[/QUOTE]

Nb. no idea how to embed videos, had a shot but think im failing miserably.  click the link instead
update: thanks madhubala for showing me how to post vids!

Edited by Hessa85 - 08 August 2012 at 1:42pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-brokensoul-SahSahrahmona_paksweRolzzAkkiHPLoquacious_Aashkirti_fijiundisclosed

Rolzz IF-Sizzlerz
Rolzz
Rolzz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Ahhh... When I saw MB promo I was just wondering where I saw a similar marriage before..it was Datta-Nakku's...Once upon a time I was a fan of LTL when it was Mishal and dark Nakku...

Thanks for the vdo..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Hessa85-brokensoul-

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rolzz

Ahhh... When I saw MB promo I was just wondering where I saw a similar marriage before..it was Datta-Nakku's...Once upon a time I was a fan of LTL when it was Mishal and dark Nakku...

Thanks for the vdo..

its always good to come across someone who watched LTL. havent seen anything that quite matches  up to it yet...beautiful story. good times!Star

RolzzAkkiHP

-brokensoul- IF-Sizzlerz
-brokensoul-
-brokensoul-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
I didn't watch LTL. But heard in the show also they had  a similar kind of a marriage.

Anyway in lot of shows these kind of forced marriages was shown. I think even in Kasauti Mr. Bajaj and Prerna's marriage was also forced. And recently in a Starplus show named Ruk Jana nahi also had a forced marriage. Even in Pratigya too I guess.

So not only in Colours all channels use marriage tracks as high points. So the more drama in the marriage the more  popular track will be.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Hessa85

Rolzz IF-Sizzlerz
Rolzz
Rolzz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hessa85

Thanks for the vdo..

its always good to come across someone who watched LTL. havent seen anything that quite matches  up to it yet...beautiful story. good times!Star
I was big time into LTL at one point...really loved the couple... It was  a quality show in terms of actors, concept, screen play, uniqness etc!! But later on LTL also went to drains like any other show!!

Hessa85

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Hessa85

Thanks for the vdo..

I was big time into LTL at one point...really loved the couple... It was  a quality show in terms of actors, concept, screen play, uniqness etc!! But later on LTL also went to drains like any other show!!

i think mishal leaving and replacing dutta with shabbir ahluwaliya really killed it. trps plummeted. i stopped watching it after that.  in my mind they had a happy ending right  after kalavti is defeated. yup every show does go down the drain in the end.

Edited by Hessa85 - 08 August 2012 at 1:19pm
undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged

it makes for high voltage drama i guess...hmmm can't think of any i have seen this way...but will watch the one you posted!

Hessa85kirti_fiji

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shahisthi

I didn't watch LTL. But heard in the show also they had  a similar kind of a marriage.

Anyway in lot of shows these kind of forced marriages was shown. I think even in Kasauti Mr. Bajaj and Prerna's marriage was also forced. And recently in a Starplus show named Ruk Jana nahi also had a forced marriage. Even in Pratigya too I guess.

So not only in Colours all channels use marriage tracks as high points. So the more drama in the marriage the more  popular track will be.

yep its all about angry men...Wink, women love it  why i dont know.  even the characterisations are very similar in alot of dramas. 
this struck me, 1 coz of the nature of the wedding, the dragging, the smashing, pouring alcohol into the fire.  the fact that its in public.  and of course its Colours and colours had great trps with LTL. 
this is where the similarity probably ends though.  dutta was a gangster, but he was 'just' ...hehad a sense of justice which he doled out in his own way (only in fiction i know), nakku was a poor girl whos mum painted her face black to keep perverted men away from her.  nakku loved  dutta, probbaly from first sight and continued to love him.  the world literally began and ended with dutta in nakkus eyes. 
at the minute, madhu and rishabh hate each other. rishabh is 'unfair'  in fact he is downright selfish and egoistic.  madhu is innately good, and its for this reason she clashes with RK.

both RK and dutta had dark pasts that impacted their present. 

and this
is where my question arises.  why do women and probably more so younger females (???) dote on men with dark pasts.  and how is their past enough to justify how they behave in future.  we all go through shit...some people land  in six feet of shit...but this still doesnt mean they treat everybody else like that.  if a woman behaved the way RK behaved, would we forgive her so easily,,, excuse her behaviour because she has a dark past?

point to note is nakku had a dark past, so why did she have to be painted like a saint.  why would the audience not have forgiven nakku if she behaved ''badly'' once in a while.  dont get me wrong... i loved nakkus characterisation...her devotion to dutta too.

Edited by Hessa85 - 08 August 2012 at 1:37pm

-brokensoul-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index