India-Forums

Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

Mathru Devo Bhava (Page 2)

stephhh IF-Rockerz
stephhh
stephhh

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:47am | IP Logged
I hope u wont mind me commenting here but reading all the posts made me wanna express myself too.

My honest POV bout Gulabia is tht I did felt tht she is a great mother but ever since she started acting crazy upon sugvi jodi, I have lost my respect upon her. She seemed more jealous, selfish, over-protective and egoistic lady. If she was generous n kind then she wud hve some sympathy for vikram as a person but she alwys saw him as thakur not someone who love or respect her daughter. She never praised him for his help or support towards her family n daughter. She kept on saying man views woman as two types etc etc.
Now I dont think Ms. Gulabia deserves to b called a PERFECT mother anymore and anyone doing so is only insulting the motherhood. I am sure we all have great mothers and better than her.

Just my 5 cents...no offense plzzz

Edited by stephhh - 09 August 2012 at 12:47am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sunheriLaila2009

Gewels Senior Member
Gewels
Gewels

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Thank u 4 a nice post, Xa. I would advise u 2 just ignore what others say-the meaning of ur post was perfectly clear. Mother bears are fierce! As 4 Gulabya, she was protecting her child, as mothers do the world over. In fact it could be said that Sugni brought her fate on herself, for disregarding her ma.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_KrishnanainakkkXAiShBaBy08X

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 1:25am | IP Logged
I'm not offended by your comment.  I never called Gulabiya a perfect mother. 

As for what you said, "she alwys saw him as thakur not someone who love or respect her daughter"...it is justifiable as to why she always saw Vikram as a Thakur...because 1) he is a thakur and 2) she has never seen a good thakur before...in fact, a good thakur is an oxymoron for her.  She didn't see Vikram as someone who always loved and respected her because her suspicions ended up being real.  She was being cautious...and there is nothing wrong with that.  

In the western world, boyfriends have great stress in meeting the girlfriend's parents...and a lot of times...the parents, especially the Dads, do NOT act civil.  Brothers are also seen exhibiting this kind of behavior.  It is a very good thing that parents are cautious.  They are just trying to make sure that their children have good partners.

Vikram hid the fact that his wife was alive, lied and let Sugni think that her mother has gone crazy even though he knew Gulabiya was right, and broke her trust.  Now if any mom is faced with these situations, then hating Vikram would be the obvious thing.  He was deceiving her daughter, ruining her life, and breaking her dreams.  After all of this, Gulabiya cannot be expected to act civil towards him no matter how much he loves Sugni.

Also, Gulabiya may have never praised him directly...but she has talked highly of him...especially when she found out that Vikram was the one who took her to the hospital.  

I highly doubt that she was jealous.  The woman was ready to sell herself again in order to keep her daughter from having her sar dakkai done...so that her daughter could fulfill her dreams.  Why would she be jealous of Sugni's happiness?  

Selfish.  I really don't see how she is being selfish.  If she wanted to be selfish, she could have had Sugni married to TVS or had her sar dhakkai done...if either had happened, then Gulabiya would most likely wouldn't have to do Rai again.  She would be able to enjoy the money...just like Hukum and Naganiya...who are selfish, which is why they wanted Sugni to marry TVS...no matter what happens to Sugni.  

Over protective?  No.  I wouldn't say so.  But this could be disputed both ways...let's say she is over protective.  I don't think that was a bad thing in this case...since she ended up being right about TVS.  

Egotistic?  I just don't see how.  If she was egotistic, then her pride should have been hurt when Sugni said all of that stuff to her.  If she was egotistical, then she would have let Sugni get married...and when the truth would have been out,  she could have had her moment by saying "I told you so...this is what you get."  Instead, she put her ego and pride aside, and focused on making sure her daughter was safe. 

This is my opinion...for what it's worth.  lol  and please, don't take it offensively.  I don't think I can handle anymore people getting upset.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_Krishna

Saviosaraff Senior Member
Saviosaraff
Saviosaraff

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 1:25am | IP Logged

Xa,  As a mother myself the first thing i would try to protect my child is from fate.  A mother weighs her pros and cons before deciding her childs fate.  Has Gulb done that?  What are the options that Sugni has since we have already seen getting a job in the village is out of question & leaving for the city to try and earn is still worse coz we know city life is not that easy.  So the options are:

Starve to death
Being sold every night to a new Thakur
Married to Vikram Thakur

Which is the best option a mother would choose?  Unless you have some new options for her.

sunheriXAiShBaBy08X

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Saviosaraff

Xa,  As a mother myself the first thing i would try to protect my child is from fate.  A mother weighs her pros and cons before deciding her childs fate.  Has Gulb done that?  What are the options that Sugni has since we have already seen getting a job in the village is out of question & leaving for the city to try and earn is still worse coz we know city life is not that easy.  So the options are:

Starve to death
Being sold every night to a new Thakur
Married to Vikram Thakur

Which is the best option a mother would choose?  Unless you have some new options for her.

In my opinion, starving to death and being sold every night are two threats that have always been there ever since she became of age.  Letting her marry to a man that has already been married is wrong too.  What would her future be like?  What if there is a court case against Vikram for the illegal marriage?  What about Sugni's kids in the future...would they be considered legitimate?  What about Reva?  How can Gulabiya be certain that Vikram will support Sugni even if he loses everything?

The option is to do the right thing.  She at least still has a dreams intact and there is hope.  Maybe now, Vikram can redeem himself...and solve the Reva problem the correct way.  

Let's say Gulabiya let Sugni get married...wouldn't that also be wrong?  She would have tricked her own daughter.  If you say that letting her get married in order to have a better life is not wrong...then how is saving her daughter from a deceitful marriage a great sin?  I would have criticized Gulabiya for letting Sugni get married, but not much because I can understand her dilemma.  But why is she being so severely criticized for doing the right thing.  

As they say, doing the right/correct thing is usually the hard way instead of the easy track.

Anyways, I am done defending my posts.
The meaning of my post was definitely taken the wrong way.  I didn't think that Gulabiya was hated that much that it would hard to look beyond first paragraph of my post.  

Oh and please Ms. Saviosaraff, do not misunderstand me.  You actually presented something new...and made me think about the situation even more deeply!  Your argument is quite interesting.  Thank you for that.  And pleaseee do not take anything I have said offensively.  I am just simply stating what I think.  

devashree_hDabulls23

Gewels Senior Member
Gewels
Gewels

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 3:26am | IP Logged
I could tell u that the only reason Gul is so disliked by some is because she is exposing TVS lies and betrayals and so hindering any marriage, so i will :-)-a lot of posters on this board actually deluded themselves that a marriage would be valid, and would actually prefer a sar dakhai to no marriage-even though Sugni detests that.

XAiShBaBy08XDabulls23

Saviosaraff Senior Member
Saviosaraff
Saviosaraff

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged
XAiShBaBy08X
In my opinion, starving to death and being sold every night are two threats that have always been there ever since she became of age.  Letting her marry to a man that has already been married is wrong too.  What would her future be like?  What if there is a court case against Vikram for the illegal marriage?  What about Sugni's kids in the future...would they be considered legitimate?  What about Reva?  How can Gulabiya be certain that Vikram will support Sugni even if he loses everything?

The option is to do the right thing.  She at least still has a dreams intact and there is hope.  Maybe now, Vikram can redeem himself...and solve the Reva problem the correct way.  

Let's say Gulabiya let Sugni get married...wouldn't that also be wrong?  She would have tricked her own daughter.  If you say that letting her get married in order to have a better life is not wrong...then how is saving her daughter from a deceitful marriage a great sin?  I would have criticized Gulabiya for letting Sugni get married, but not much because I can understand her dilemma.  But why is she being so severely criticized for doing the right thing.  

As they say, doing the right/correct thing is usually the hard way instead of the easy track.

Anyways, I am done defending my posts.
The meaning of my post was definitely taken the wrong way.  I didn't think that Gulabiya was hated that much that it would hard to look beyond first paragraph of my post.  

Oh and please Ms. Saviosaraff, do not misunderstand me.  You actually presented something new...and made me think about the situation even more deeply!  Your argument is quite interesting.  Thank you for that.  And pleaseee do not take anything I have said offensively.  I am just simply stating what I think.

Xa
I am not misunderstanding your post at all what i meant to say was Gulb has been a commendable woman and mother but her approach to this situation was not right.  Yes she did not want her daughter to be the second wife and has no options of giving her daughter a decent life herself but as a Mother she should have heard Vikram out and questioned him as to his next approach, whether he was ready to leave his wife and give Sugni her right as a Thakur, (Adi's father left his wife didn't he) not gone outright of accusing him of playing with her daughter.  Now she has no options left but Rai and Sardhakai.  It has also been projected that as Gulb is getting old it will be difficult for her to get her Sardhakai done again so she either has to let Sugni or Tinkle do their sardhakai to provide for the family.  In a Bedni community the men do not work they eat of their women earnings.  Whereas if Vikram Thakur had the support of Gulb he could have reached an amicable solution for her daughter by giving her the right and legal standing in society, as well as being a daughter and a Thakurayin she could have provided for the family (that is what Bedni women do). 

Children do have a legal standing irrespective of first wife or second.  The children will have Vikram Thakur's name.

Reva has been mentally ill since birth such children never get normal in adulthood, unless ofcourse she is faking her illness.

No one is criticizing Gulb it is just her approach to this particular day which her daughter has so looked forward to.  With Gulb support the truth could have been brought up to Sugni much earlier by vikram Thakur himself, and it could have been in favour of her daughters legal standing in Society.  He was ready to tell her the truth but everytime the fear of losing her came in the way.

Anyway why blame Vikram Thakur or Gulabiya it is the CVs who are the actual culprits for adding so much mirch masala to a clean show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunheri

devashree_h Moderator
devashree_h
devashree_h

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged
I have always supported Gulabiya. I love her as a mother for Sugni and Sugni gets her fierceness from her. And Sugni's illegal marriage to TVS would have been as good as Sar Dakhai.

XAiShBaBy08XDabulls23

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index