Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage

Screenindia- The debate goes on!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Sony Entertainment Television explores both sides of love and arrange marriage, in its brand new offering Love Marriage Ya Arrange Marriage

Sony Entertainment Television has gone on the matrimony route, with their brand new offering, Love Marriage Ya Arrange Marriage. The show explores the pros and cons of getting hitched, the traditional way or the modern way of falling in love!

Although their earlier serials Shubh Vivah and Byah Hamari Bahu Ka, with marriage as a backdrop did not do well, the channel is risking it all with its latest venture. "I don't think it is a risk that we are taking. There are other shows on Sony with the theme of marriage which are doing well. Shows come and go. It is our job to experiment with new concepts. Also, you will see more than just the regular band, baja, barat, rather it will set a debate as to which type of marriage is better, the love or the arranged one. I admit that the concept of 'shaadi' is a very common thing that we see in daily soaps, but what we are going to show on Love Marriage Ya Arrange Marriage, is a debate and not just the regular wedding chaos," says Sneha Rajani, Senior EVP and Business Head Sony Entertainment Television.

Commenting on our traditional beliefs, Sneha feels that the concept of live-in relationships is still alien to our culture. Such concepts can only be sold in films that cater to multiplex audiences. She also feels that topics like 'friends with benefits' would not be suitable for the Indian television viewers for now.

Bollywood screenwriter, Kamlesh Pandey who's also doing Kuch Toh Log Kahange with Sony, has no apprehensions with the project as he feels that in India the concept of marriages sell like hot cakes and on this show they are featuring not one but two of its kind. He says, "Indians love to talk about marriage. For example, even while discussing politics, suddenly someone will ask, who will Rahul Gandhi marry? Will he choose a girl for himself or will Soniaji find a girl for him?! Also, the films and media have glorified the concept of love marriages, whereas in India, the maximum number of weddings happen are arranged by the parents. The show explores this aspect."

Set in Udaipur, Love Marriage Ya Arrange Marriage revolves around two best friends Mansi (Samaira Rao) and Shivani (Rishika Mihani), who share similar views except when it comes to the question of marriage. While Mansi believes in arranged marriages, the latter believes in love. The show thus highlights the pros and cons of both schools of thought through the lives of these two young women. The show's cast boasts of Ashish Kapoor of Dekha Ek Khwab and Raju Kher, amongst others. Produced by Sphere Origins Multivision Pvt Ltd, the show is set to go on air from August 6, every Monday to Thursday at 8.30 pm.

onkar.kulkarni@expressindia.com

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-JEHAN-Havviisajni786-DevilGal-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Screenindia- The debate goes on!" in Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-JEHAN-

IF-Dazzler

-JEHAN-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
tfs...i have noticed one thing in every single article...ky aur kisi ka name ho ya na ho ASHISH KAPOOR ka zaror likh rahy hain that he is in this show...i really like it as they know how popular ashish is and how much people love him..so they are using his popularity to increase trp's...very clever...gud at least they are promoting ashish..and well aware of the fact that he is a trp gainer... 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

famin2012titlimandygill-RK_Ki_Biwi--DevilGal-

-DevilGal-

IF-Addictz

-DevilGal-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -JEHAN-

tfs...i have noticed one thing in every single article...ky aur kisi ka name ho ya na ho ASHISH KAPOOR ka zaror likh rahy hain that he is in this show...i really like it as they know how popular ashish is and how much people love him..so they are using his popularity to increase trp's...very clever...gud at least they are promoting ashish..and well aware of the fact that he is a trp gainer... 
totally agree with u we r here only for akBig smile ashish kapoor rocksParty and i wish ashish soon become NO 1 tellywood actor of india Heart

Edited by smiley12 - 08 August 2012 at 8:43pm

2012titlimanv-JEHAN-mandygill

manv

manv

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
i agree wiyh u guys
ak is the reason we are giving this serial a chance
the cvs of lmyam are very smart, they are utilising ak to the max and that too in the first episode
honestly speaking inspite of reated tweets and comments the dek cvs never really took advantage of ak

2012titli-JEHAN-mandygill-DevilGal-

mandygill

IF-Dazzler

mandygill

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
yes, i think he has a lot of potential! its good that he is exploring different types of roles with different concept..he did great as uv which gave him the platform and i know he will do even better as sahil!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

2012titli-JEHAN--DevilGal-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.