Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjani-pagli

Originally posted by lalsunvid

Originally posted by anjani-pagli

Originally posted by Arhimaniac

hi guysBig smile

Sul no take??

bz re!! could nt write!!Ouch

wassp...write na...one para...with some comic touch..!!!

okay... my post is dedicated to U...(shall I call u divya?)

A lovely episode!!

I want few thngs clarification!!

Does dadi knows... wht surname Arnav uses?

Why Akash is giving guest appearance in RM set??LOL

Where is laxmiji?
what wll happen if laxmiji eats dadi ji's saree??LOL

Anji is looking so damm good now!!
where was her fashion sense when shyamu was around?Confused
Looks like she changed her wadrobe after shyamu left.
When did she went for shopping??Confused

ASR is in flirty mode!! Well.. why nt for a change make Khushi in flirty and seducing mode, wht wl happen to ASR then?Embarrassed

NK.. is such a relief in scenes! 
even payal's horrified expression I toleratedLOL

Did anyone noticed, nani was smiling when ASR stood for Khushi
My query, wht will be dadi's reaction if she knew her frnd was laughing at herROFL

somebdy here compared dadi with Great banyan tree!
why she reminds me of "kaikai"Confused

Dadi is so possessive abt her belongings!
was all these thngs with her in ashram? was she nt worried then?Angry

What type of Ashram she stayed for 14 yrs? she did nt learn simple sharing and sacrifice wala stuff!!Angry

chalo me off with my rantTongue

enjoy song pick! [dedicated to khushi's menthos moment when ASR stood by her]

AP bootifool Rantwa... very valid...ClapClapClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Cheena007Jhalak29anjani-pagli

sunshine99 IF-Rockerz
sunshine99
sunshine99

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chitmanas

Ksheeer Sagar

(Manthan)

Love the title Sathya.  Manthan process was what crossed my mind this evening and I was going to write about it.

Today's Episode:  Continuing from yesterday, we saw Arnav telling dadi that if she doesn't want to talk in his wife's presence, he doesn't want to hear either.  Like grandma, like grandson, right? To get his point across, he takes his wife's hand and walks away making it clear that where his wife is not respected, he will not stay there.

Nani is asking Dadi why she has changed; she was never like this before.  Why is she treating Khushi the way she is.  She doesn't know about Khushi, so why the antagonism towards her and what's wrong?  Dadi does not answer, but she definitely knows something or heard something.  We are yet to find out what it is.

Next, we see Arnav waking up from the nightmare of that dreadful day.  A very concerned Khushi asks him what happened and gets no response.  Though she hesitates (she's still unsure how to behave with him when he's all silent), she wants to convey that she's willing to share in his pain and plays a song.  Arnav is still in his nightmarish world and is unable to get out of it.  Khushi tries to hold his hand, reassure him that she's there for him, tries to get him to smile and be closer to him.  Nothing that she tries works.  Khushi then tells him that she has no intentions of prying and she did whatever she did just to help him and if he doesn't want to share what's bothering him, that's ok with her.  At this, Arnav blurts out the most painful truth of his life about how when he was 14 years old, his mother committed suicide.  Khushi is shocked and grieved on hearing this and when she sees tears in the eyes of her beloved, can she stop?  She hugs him sharing his pain and they both cry together.

An appeal:Ladies and gentleman, girls and boys, please realize that no matter what, suicide is not the solution, please talk to your family/friends or get appropriate help at the right time. 

Next morning, Khushi is watching Arnav still asleep and silently vows to be by his side no matter what.  Isn't this what he needs, unconditional support and who other than Khushi can truly understand and give him what he needs?

Preparations for Janmashthami are on and Khushi overhears the conversation between Di and HP; HP is telling her that he was unable to find something.  Khushi offers her help and finds out that Di's looking for a conch that belonged to her mother.  Khushi promises to find the conch, is about to walk away, turns back to give Di a big hug.  She knows how painful loss of a parent is and understands how heart breaking it was for both Arnav and Anjali when their mother committed suicide; the aftermath is something that's affecting their lives even today.  Arnav, who's watching Khushi and Di, is content and happy that the two most important people in his life are getting closer to each other again.

Khushi finds the conch (she is meant to) and then starts looking at the album that accidentally tumbles down. She's looking at the pictures of Arnav's family when a very angry Dadi thinks she's prying into the family affairs and takes it to nani.  Khushi is trying to convince Dadi that she had no bad intentions.  Enter Arnav bitwa, who once again makes it clear to dadi, that yes, he respects her, but Khushi is his wife and can do anything in the house and if she wants to look at something, she will and can do so.

Manthan ' So, what's the story behind Ksheer Sagar manthan?  Sage Durvarsa cursed the devas(gods) and asuras (demons) that their strength may be weakened completely; this curse is all meant for the good of the world(s).  Devas and Asuras then went to Lord Vishnu for a solution and he asked them to churn the Ksheer Sagar (ocean of milk) with the help of Mandara mountain (forming the pillar) and Vasuki the snake (to actually do the churning) and the amruth that comes out will give them eternal life.  Without going into too many details about what happened, let me say that the first thing that come out of the churning process is HALAAHAL i.e. deadly poison and finally, after a long process, came the AMRUTH, sweet nectar of eternal life and strength.  The deadly poison was so unbearable that all were dying and it was Lord Shiva's turn to hold the poison in his throat so it does not affect anybody. 

Now, why on earth did I remember this story? Well, the current phase in Arnav's life reminded me of the manthan (churning process).  This man is bearing the burden of his mother's suicidal death and his father's betrayal and whatnot; he's holding all this within him and it's become poisonous for his life.  Is he a free man who can laugh at things easily? Is he free from the past and able to breathe easy? Is he a free man experiencing the joys of life?  We all know the truth. 

With the entry of dadi, the churning has started where the POISIONOUS PAST will and has to come out first (we already saw this today and it's only the beginning).  The entire family will be awashed in the toxic past and whatever comes out of this churning; after many more trials and tribulations, the AMRUTH FILLED FUTURE will be in the palm of Arnav's hands.  Throughout all this, Khushi will support him and as sathya said, conch is to remove the negative vibes, if so,Khushi is the right person to do this''any doubts? She loves Arnav totally and she also loves his Di, so what will stop her from being part of this process? Imagine Arnav and Khushi's lives free from the past.  Shall we await such a wonderful future for both? (am I getting way too ahead with this statement? I guess I like to think of the wonderful future that they'll have one day and it puts a smile on my face)

What I liked

1)     The way Arnav held Khushi's hand to take her along with him in the first scene (no half measures with Arnav bitwa, it's all or nothing).  Isn't he the same guy who used to drag her along to give her his famous dressing down, as they call it? I love this new avtar who's able to show his vulnerable side to Khushi without too much hesitation, but the ASR characteristics are evident too.

2)    The silent support that Khushi provided to him and how he opened up to her.  Love the choice of 'aaja piya' song, it's my all time favorite and very apt for their situation.

3)    The dancing steps of Arnav and Khushi when he's teasing her and their lovey dovey, smiley faces

4)    The 'I won't tolerate any insult to my wife' attitude of Arnav; hope Dadi gets the message soon

5)    Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani, you guys totally rock.  Love your jodi. ClapClap

I thought this was another wonderful episode that had all the elements. drama, light romance, sharing of pain, mending fences etc.

Funny note: My mother who never watches TV shows sat to watch the episodes in the last couple of days.  She thinks Dadi is like mandharaLOL from Ramayan.  May be one of these days I'll do a write up about why Dadi is mandhara.Wink 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A heartfelt thank you to all those who read this postSmile

Had been missing your writings with the mytho angle...excellent tying of Manthan with the episode...ClapClapClap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jpatel1289Cheena007anjani-pagliChitraF

pixiegirl IF-Sizzlerz
pixiegirl
pixiegirl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Doodle

Updated Peeps ... Big smile

Doods, durdaanto analysis, Clap thanks a ton again. So good to see you back again, was missing your invaluable insights into the storyline, yet again. Now that the mojo of IPK is back, hope to see you back again here everyday... Yes?? Big smile

But can you explain one thing though, why is daadi angry with Khushi now, since she doesn't know who she is?? She can't be mad with Khushi because she accidentally threw dirty water on her even after she has been introduced as Arnav's wife, on what grounds is she mad with Khushi still?? Need a little bit more clarification on that. Apologies in advance if you think you have already explained it already, but I get the past story but not in the context of the present one??

jpatel1289Cheena007sunshine99ChitraF

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Hi friends...I updated my thoughts on pg 4...will be reading takes and respondin to them hopefully ..before that I will like to mention one take that I read yesterday in redux and really forgot to applaud...and for me that was best written characterisation of nani and dadi too...that was by coolgal I guess her name is Sumi...hope u see this fr ur wrk..Smile

Cheena007ranjithasunshine99ChitraF

sunshine99 IF-Rockerz
sunshine99
sunshine99

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by droopy_asleep

My first post on Redux :) Please excuse any inaccuracies people :) Just started watching the saga and certainly not as analytical as some awesome posts here :)

First on the title of the Redux today:
Very apt; considering that the churning of the ocean of the past in this case has begun. One cannot escape from the past, and really Arnav, Anjali and Dadi have clearly not moved on. They need to confront the demons (read asuras) and drink the amrit that comes from the churn; however, they must also encounter the poison coming forth from the churn. Interestingly, Arnav means ocean; so literally this whole saga is his churn, his journey to producing the "amrit" in his soul, which he has slowly started to bring out :)
Now is Shyam that snake that was used to churn the ocean? That spewed all the poison? The snake actually was useful in the real ocean churn...im not completely convinced Shyam is totally evil; he must have have some larger motive; which based on Dood's analysis...is someone related to him that is involved in this?
Who will drink the poison and continue to let the ocean churn? I think Khushi has already done this more than once...taking Shyam's machinations and also rescuing Arnav...is there more?
What else is the churn bringing out?

Loved the thoughtful look at the churning...keep writing would love to hear more from you...ClapClapClap

Cheena007sonshineJhalak29ChitraF

Cheena007 Goldie
Cheena007
Cheena007

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Doodsie Hug 

What an analysis !!! you are BRILLIANT .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sunshine99Jhalak29

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunshine99

Loved the thoughtful look at the churning...keep writing would love to hear more from you...ClapClapClap[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot; hope to post more everyday; this time; after work and daughter sleeping :)

Cheena007Jhalak29sunshine99ChitraF

Go to top