Debate Mansion

| Love , Exist Or Just A Myth | (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Yeah, I think that is basic form of love. What do you think love is?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "| Love , Exist Or Just A Myth | (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Love is caring for the other person's welfare and looking out for them, being aware of the other person's nature and still accepting them, being passionate and having faith, doing things without any personal gain. Love, I don't think I can define it. I am just stating the things that I feel for my family or friends.

Love does exist but at a point it breaks so I don't think that it is endless that way. I don't believe that you can actually know a person in and out but the part that you are aware of, you can love that part. I don't think that unconditional love exists between two people in this world except mother and child.

I have heard that love has 3 stages.The first stage for love would be infatuation which shatters. Then comes 'sneh'' which stops or fades over time. The third stage is something like devotion which I think breaks.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seoulbeats

Love is caring for the other person's welfare and looking out for them, being aware of the other person's nature and still accepting them, being passionate and having faith, doing things without any personal gain. Love, I don't think I can define it. I am just stating the things that I feel for my family or friends.

And you don't look out for yourself or accept yourself? That means you love yourself.

Love does exist but at a point it breaks so I don't think that it is endless that way. I don't believe that you can actually know a person in and out but the part that you are aware of, you can love that part. I don't think that unconditional love exists between two people in this world except mother and child.

It can break, but I think there will be some example of endless love. I think unconditional love can exist in this world, part from the mother child relation. And I already showed you exceptions in the mother child case, why can't there be any exceptions on the other side too? Maybe there are some people who have unconditional love for others.

I have heard that love has 3 stages.The first stage for love would be infatuation which shatters. Then comes 'sneh'' which stops or fades over timeThe third stage is something like devotion which I think breaks.

I don't think you can quantify an emotion like that. Love has different meanings for everyone. And I think you can have "sneh" or affection, simultaneously with devotion, for another person throughout your lifetime.

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

And you don't look out for yourself or accept yourself? That means you love yourself.

I do look out for myself, else how am I supposed to survive but yeah, sometimes I have trouble accepting the things I did in the past.

It can break, but I think there will be some example of endless love. I think unconditional love can exist in this world, part from the mother child relation. And I already showed you exceptions in the mother child case, why can't there be any exceptions on the other side too? Maybe there are some people who have unconditional love for others.

Maybe but I don't think it does.

I have heard that love has 3 stages.The first stage for love would be infatuation which shatters. Then comes 'sneh'' which stops or fades over timeThe third stage is something like devotion which I think breaks.

I don't think you can quantify an emotion like that. Love has different meanings for everyone. And I think you can have "sneh" or affection, simultaneously with devotion, for another person throughout your lifetime.

Maybe you can't have a neat little definition for love either. It was just something I heard and disagreed with. I don't agree that all three can exist endlessly but I sincerely hope that that I am wrong.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged

I do look out for myself, else how am I supposed to survive but yeah, sometimes I have trouble accepting the things I did in the past.

And the love for yourself is exactly why you have the desire to survive. You may have to sometimes accounts for your actions or anybody's for that matter, that doesn't mean you don't love yourself or them.

Maybe but I don't think it does.

I do, so let's agree to disagree. I can't say anything more on this matter unless I have experienced love first hand.

Maybe you can't have a neat little definition for love either. It was just something I heard and disagreed with. I don't agree that all three can exist endlessly but I sincerely hope that that I am wrong.

I hope they do. Basically people like that are my only hope for humanity, because I have seen people working for others selflessly.

Edited by Freethinker112 - 13 August 2012 at 9:50am

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Oops, double post!

Edited by Freethinker112 - 13 August 2012 at 9:51am

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

And the love for yourself is exactly why you have the desire to survive. You may have to sometimes accounts for your actions or anybody's for that matter, that doesn't mean you don't love yourself or them.

My desire to survive stems from the fact that I have to improve and experience new things. Again I can't prove to you that I don't love myself.

It sounds horrible to put it like that.

Edited by seoulbeats - 13 August 2012 at 10:12am

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 8:07pm | IP Logged

My desire to survive stems from the fact that I have to improve and experience new things. Again I can't prove to you that I don't love myself.

It sounds horrible to put it like that.

Well you may call it self improvement, but I believe the drive to survive stems from our love for ourselves. So, let's agree to disagree.

BTW, why so harsh on yourself? Which of your actions was so wrong that you have stopped loving yourself?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

seoulbeats

Post Reply New Post

Go to top