Debate Mansion

| Love , Exist Or Just A Myth | (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

I honestly think that, a mother-father's love for their own child is... pure unconditional. It's something too sacred in my eyes.

I also thought so and hoped so. But that's not the reality I see. Parents, especially in India, are ready to sacrifice the happiness of their child to save their so called "ijjat". There are many examples ranging from foeticide to forced arranged marriages, etc. Honor killings are the proof that they are even ready to kill. That is selfish.

BTW, don't take this as an attack on your parents. Many parents are like yours, loving unconditionally. But unfortunately, not all of them are.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "| Love , Exist Or Just A Myth | (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by seoulbeats

It's the love of a mother for her child. I think that only this love is unconditional, maybe eternal even...However it stems from the fact that the child is her own flesh and blood and while self love is not limitless the love one has for the extension of self is...

That also has exceptions. You must have heard of young mothers throwing born child into dustbins because they don't want them. Yes, it is rare but it happens. And many times I have seen mothers dominating and manipulating their sons, not for his happiness but their own.

I can't refute that however I just wanted to say that unconditional love does exist in this form...

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:26pm | IP Logged

A la Romeo Juliet?

A person may die while loving someone and with them ends the love...

Not a big fan of romantic novels. I am actually talking about loving couples who grow old together, though I guess you can also count the example of Romeo and Juliet.

I think when we say endless, that means till the person dies because after he is dead how can he love? Endless means it didn't end while he/she was alive.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

We are all searching for happiness or contentment. Agreed.But that doesn't mean we love ourselves at all points. I, for one, have hated myself sometimes for the kind of acts that I did or the words that I said. My love breaks and then picks it self up and I start all over...

You may get upset at yourself but i don't think one ever stops loving themselves. Otherwise, why will one live? At those times also you will justify your acts to yourself, blaming others or your environment because on the inside all of us want to believe that we are a good person.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged

I can't refute that however I just wanted to say that unconditional love does exist in this form...

Fully agree. It's a relationship beyond words, the child is a part of you, you are with him growing up, feeding, playing. You see that small thing turn into a fully mature human. The feeling must be awesome! I am a kid myself and it's a long time before I will become a father, but I can't fathom how can one kill their own child? It's just, unimaginable. Unhappy

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged

Self love can only be achieved after the state of self awareness has been realized. I don't claim to know myself, I am yet exploring, searching and finding out and hence i can't say I love myself without taking a break...yet.

Edited by seoulbeats - 11 August 2012 at 4:12am

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 4:32am | IP Logged

Self love can only be achieved after the state of self awareness has been realized. I don't claim to know myself, I am yet exploring, searching and finding out and hence i can't say I love myself without taking a break...yet.

Loving yourself is the fundamental drive. Do you feel humiliated when somebody insults you? You love yourself. Are you willing to save your life by doing whatever it takes? You love yourself. Do you argue with anonymous people on the internet to prove yourself right? LOL You love yourself. You can see where I am going with this. The day you stop loving yourself, you will kill yourself.

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Loving yourself is the fundamental drive. Do you feel humiliated when somebody insults you? You love yourself. Are you willing to save your life by doing whatever it takes? You love yourself. Do you argue with anonymous people on the internet to prove yourself right? LOL You love yourself. You can see where I am going with this. The day you stop loving yourself, you will kill yourself.

It's what you chose to believe in, I guess. Feeling humiliated for myself, saving a life, arguing with virtual strangers to prove myself right...Is that what love is?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top