Debate Mansion

| Love , Exist Or Just A Myth | (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
@soulbeats
Yes One should Love Himself than Only He/she Can love someone else.
But sometimes it happen that the person whom u love , their happiness mattrs to you the most , more than ur own happiness and at tyms u can call its adjustment , compromise etc but its all a form or part of Love.
Love is Selfless , thought i didnt talk bout family love or bond but as u mention about mothr n all , in family too Our parents Sacrifices their happiness at times to make us happy coz they Love us..

so
Love is self less .

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "| Love , Exist Or Just A Myth | (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Love, at the point at which it exists, may be selfless. But I don't believe it to be endless...

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by seoulbeats

My argument however does have an exception.

It's the love of a mother for her child. I think that only this love is unconditional, maybe eternal even...However it stems from the fact that the child is her own flesh and blood and while self love is not limitless the love one has for the extension of self is...
I sorta agree. Because, I havent really experienced 'love'..had few crushes, mostly celebs lol, but yes. I agree with this 100 %

I honestly think that, a mother-father's love for their own child is... pure unconditional. It's something too sacred in my eyes.

Just seeing my parents smile, call my name and hug me when I come back home after a tiring day is...   :')   Nothing beats a mother/father - child love. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

seoulbeats

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:13pm | IP Logged

The funny thing is that the love we have for ourselves, even that is not limitless. The most difficult thing in this world is not to love another being but one's own self. We live with our thought and our actions, we know our own truths and after knowing all that it is hard to embrace ourselves yet at some point start loving our self.But then it isn't unconditional or ever present.We love and then we stop and then we start again. But it can't be an unbroken chain, there has to be some stops, punctuation marks if you may...

I disagree with that. We love ourselves the most. Our survival and our happiness, that is the most basic drive that takes us through the life.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged

It's the love of a mother for her child. I think that only this love is unconditional, maybe eternal even...However it stems from the fact that the child is her own flesh and blood and while self love is not limitless the love one has for the extension of self is...

That also has exceptions. You must have heard of young mothers throwing born child into dustbins because they don't want them. Yes, it is rare but it happens. And many times I have seen mothers dominating and manipulating their sons, not for his happiness but their own.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged

Love, at the point at which it exists, may be selfless. But I don't believe it to be endless...

I think there are some people who love a person till they die. That is endless.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

I think there are some people who love a person till they die. That is endless.

A la Romeo Juliet?

A person may die while loving someone and with them ends the love...

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

The funny thing is that the love we have for ourselves, even that is not limitless. The most difficult thing in this world is not to love another being but one's own self. We live with our thought and our actions, we know our own truths and after knowing all that it is hard to embrace ourselves yet at some point start loving our self.But then it isn't unconditional or ever present.We love and then we stop and then we start again. But it can't be an unbroken chain, there has to be some stops, punctuation marks if you may...

I disagree with that. We love ourselves the most. Our survival and our happiness, that is the most basic drive that takes us through the life.

We are all searching for happiness or contentment. Agreed.But that doesn't mean we love ourselves at all points. I, for one, have hated myself sometimes for the kind of acts that I did or the words that I said. My love breaks and then picks it self up and I start all over...

Edited by seoulbeats - 10 August 2012 at 9:25pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top