Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

8/8 Dragon Club :Million Dollar Secret :p (Page 21)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Episode Analysis

Surprised. That is how I felt after today's episode. I won't lie, I did feel a bit awkward while watching it initially but then the awkwardness was put to such good purpose that I forgive the CVs entirely for their audacity and declare that their risky risk paid off for this viewer at the very least.

I thought it was pretty layered symbolism that Aarti forgot her lingerie. First of all is the most literal explanation, that she had no time to think about herself when packing for three kids, Yash and herself, the latter two in a tearing rush so they could make it to the airport. It shows that she puts herself last. Secondly is the issue with her hiding her inner self from Yash, which she was forced to reveal metaphorically today. Aarti has become so invested in becoming the facade of Aarti Yash Scindia, mother, bahu and wife, that she has forgotten who Aarti is on the inside, at Scindia house. There, nobody asks her, and nobody really cares who she is on the inside as long as she looks the way they want her to externally. Here, in her new interactions with Yash and their growing friendship, she has started to be held accountable for who she is, and to her horror, she finds nothing there. So she has to start from scratch, building her inner identity, devoid of the outer trappings. Just like Shobha said before the wedding, there is a woman buried deep under there that has her own desires; Aarti has begun to rediscover that woman, with Yash as an inescapable part of the process.

However, Aarti is not comfortable with the idea of Yash knowing her "inner workings," and so tells him to stand outside while she does her work, yet even his visible presence shakes, her, so weary is she to disclose her secrets. So she sends Yash on a mission of futility to check the car doors and windows, and only when he gets to the car does it hit Yash that something is fishy. He is so used to taking Aarti at face value, and she has made it so easy for him so far that he is surprised when he discovers that she misled him about the car windows and immediately goes to demand why she did that. Why was she confusing him, instead of the clarifying presence he is used to? Yash is not the most deductive of people and he is very literal. His family have contributed significantly to this because they hand him everything on a silver platter, ready for him when he wants it. Because the expect nothing of him, the smallest sign of initiative becomes cause for exultation. But not Aarti. She expects him to do things, to understand things and to meet her half way. She holds him to a higher standard of humanity and emotional strength, and that is what is drawing Yash out of his self centred bubble.

The confrontation today was a culmination of so many instances when Yash has simply walked away and Aarti has had to face taunts, humiliation, teasing, labelling, pressure and false accusations. He has been oblivious to the crippling pressure she has stood up to from everyone in his family from his demanding (a pota) parents, to his nosy siblings to the vicious Bua, to even her own mother who constantly forces her into something she knows is not right yet. All this time, he is indulged. He gets to go to the office, answer a phone call, glare and stalk off while she faces the family's dark underbelly.

Not today. Once again faced with an awkward situation in which someone misunderstood the nature of their relationship as being that of a conjugally blissful husband and wife, Yash walks out and leaves Aarti to deal with the smirking salesman. But today Aarti is not a bahu, she is not a keeper of the family peace and order. Today they are outside the laws of the family, as seen by Gayatri and SP, and since Aarti does not have to balance the parents and the son, she has full freedom to hold Yash responsible for his actions, or lack thereof. In this place they are equals in every sense and Yash does not have his usual advantage so Aarti finally takes to the playing field. "I told you not to come in and you did. Since you  played your part in creating such an awkward situation for us, I demand that you do your part in facing the awkwardness, the reality of our relationship, of what we are supposed to be and what we are." And what does she get in return?

"Stop trying to be a typical wife. You can never be Arpita."  Yash hasn't thought of Arpita since those first few moments when they were in Mumbai. Aarti and the kids have been keeping him so busy that he hasn't had a spare moment for his memories or his grief. How was Aarti behaving like a "typical wife?" She was holding him responsible for his behaviour and his relationship with her, a right he had only given to Arpita. But it was never his right to give, and by assuming it was, he has been falling back on his duties as a son, a father and now a husband to Aarti. Additionally, he is growing increasingly attracted to Aarti and today sort of sealed the deal where he is confronted with the uncomfortable truth that she is indeed a woman, a beautiful, warm, living, feeling woman and that creates certain feelings within him, feelings he only ever experienced for Arpita. So if he is feeling those things again, he comes to the pea-brained conclusion that Aarti must be creating that effect on purpose, by doing Arpita things. Time for a reality check!

"WRONG." Is that the first time Yash has heard that in his life? Quite possibly! Aarti lays bare before Yash his hypocrisy, his haste to jump to conclusions that fit his brand of logic and his injustice. I am not trying to be Arpita, it is you who see her everywhere. I am not trying to be Arpita, I am merely trying to for you what you have done for me by loving my child like your own and bringing my happiness back. I am not trying to be Arpita because I am happy being Aarti (and I like to think she said silently, the identity that YOU gave back to me when I tried to take it from myself). I am not trying to be Arpita, to win your heart, because otherwise I would have never brought you close to where you and she spent so many happy moments together and encouraged you to be happy remembering them.

And at that point we see how fragile and unsure Yash actually is behind all that machismo. So long he has been surrounded by yesmen and enablers that he crumbles completely when presented with this logical argument. So much of Yash's power, like SP's before him is based on nothing but the status society's norms have given them. When faced with a logical argument, showing him his own flaws, he is left with no choice but to surrender to it. That is why SP has made such friends of logic and words. He can twist them any way he likes to make his illogical power seem legitimate. But Aarti has Yash here too. When he says sorry, she refuses to show any relenting, and that last vestige of his ego makes its appearance, How dare she not acknowledge his descent to the plebian activity of apology? And Aarti meets his eyes fearlessly and says, "sorry is not enough," words are not enough, saying you want a mother for your daughters is not enough. You have to make it happen, not expect it to. You have to face all the roughness and the awkwardness, not avoid it and expect it to fix itself. And finally Yash understands. He has to carry his weight in this relationship, even if that means facing awkward questions, labels and pressures.

I will end on the fantastic juxtaposition of Aarti and Paridhi today. It was a total role reversal from the beginning of the story. Now Aarti has become the smart one. She never questions her husband in the family context, but does it all away from their eyes, so that Yash learns a permanent lesson that he will carry home with him. Paridhi on the other hand, is blatantly honest with Gayatri, which did nothing good for Aarti in the beginning when she would confess to be worried about Ansh without thinking who she was talking to. Suddenly, it is Aarti who has learned to read her audience and Paridhi who is missing the mark every time, leading to extreme, mutual frustration. Gayatri becomes dominating when she feels her sons are not being taken care of and today Paridhi gave her that impression. Gayatri's insecurity returned today and so her domination. It is fascinating to see it from a different perspective this time around.

Edited by Samanalyse - 08 August 2012 at 2:42pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.AddictPiienirmalac99bbbcccPearl_27Eva JQAngeloScuroZetterninandjyoti06*Piku*49erFanEnchantedForestanoneeroseinbloom

Kesha_H. IF-Sizzlerz
Kesha_H.
Kesha_H.

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Who is Lakhan ?? LOL

Whoever this Lakhan is ,  he certainly brings a curiosity factor to this Mumbai track LOLLOL .. I feel it mayb related to some old family enemity over the Beach house land .. its a common issue in Mumbai LOLLOL...I hope this gunda brings some more excitment in AarYa's life Tongue

I think he is one of the goons tht kidnapped ansh and now wants revenge frm him or sumthin lyk tht maybe this guy shud misbehave wid aarti n Yash may get all posessive and beat him up n then start being confused as to y he was feeling so possesive over n then hav him start watchin aarti silently lyk hw she watches him...teeheeBig smile And thk d lord finally aarti gave yash a piece of her mind but if I was her I would've ginen one kalpat on his head n then start talkin but tht's just me I'm violent lyk tht wen ppl falsely accuse me but thnk god she showed yash tht she's not going to anymore of his arpita shitClap

Edited by 16021983 - 08 August 2012 at 4:21pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictnirmalac99bbbcccEva JQPearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroZetterjyoti06

EnchantedForest IF-Sizzlerz
EnchantedForest
EnchantedForest

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Nice take Samana! It does seem like Aarti is the one who has lost herself trying to fit into the family and be a bahu, mother and wife. It is now Yash's turn to take weight on this relationship. But Aarti still knows who she is and is not afraid to show it when she needs too.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictnirmalac99Pearl_27bbbcccEva JQSamanalyseAngeloScuroZetterjyoti06anoneepickachu

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
@Ninand: Welcome back. I love it when you just pop up unexpectedly! I agree. Aarti is an utterly lovable character and I find myself more and more drawn to her everyday. KS is a fantastic actress too and I have just loved watching her become Aarti from day one and just grow with the character, going wherever it took her effortlessly. It's hard to believe that someone can compete with GC (in any character) for being yummy on screen, but here comes Aarti in all her adorable glory.

@Jyo: I agree. Prashant is not a topic that Aarti will broach right now. She has pushed it too far into the back of her mind, which is filled with Yash, kids and Gaya ki vachan right now. Because she has so much on her plate, I don't think Prashant ever occurs to her. But all it is going to take is one trigger in a moment of silence...we already saw this once, when Bua mentioned they were both widows but she was too concerned with Yash and Palak at the time, and all the memories and the accompanying shame are going to come flooding back. Thing about Aarti is that when Prashant comes back, he can hit her hard because his intentions never match her expectations. She needs to face reality to stop giving it the potential to knock her whole life down every time. And now she has more to lose than ever.

Telly.Addictnirmalac99bbbcccPearl_27AngeloScuroZetterninandjyoti06roseinbloomEnchantedForestpickachu

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
@Samana : Woww thats a fab take especially about Aarti forgetting about the inner woman in her and thats what CVs tried to indicate by showing that she forgot her inner garments as she became too engaged with kids and Yash ka packing mayb Ouch...Its more like Aarti finally is trying to rediscover herself again in this track Embarrassed

About Yash , we both r on same ground ... he is feeling attracted towards Aarti and beginning to accept her as his wife and so he is giving himself a constant reminder with this defensive statement of "u r not Arpita but Aarti" LOL... Also somewhere I feel his male ego took a toll on him today Wink... He must hv felt woww I came all the way with her to the market to help her out  , and here she is throwing attitude on me and giving me orders ..ok wait let me play my age old Arpita trumpcard to get even with her AngryLOLLOL...

As a kid I used to give few copy pasted blackmailing dialogues to my parents saying if I dont get this toy , I wont eat tonight just to give a scare to my parents so that they get me the toy next day  LOL... Yash is like those kids .. the minute he feels his heart is not in his control , he will use this dialogue of " Dont try to b Arpita " just to give a scare to Aarti to make sure she moves away and he can keep a control on his heart LOL... But today his plan backfired big time and he was left all dumbstuck LOL

Telly.Addictnirmalac99bbbcccPearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroZetterEnchantedForestroseinbloom49erFananonee

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 16021983

Who is Lakhan ?? LOL

Whoever this Lakhan is ,  he certainly brings a curiosity factor to this Mumbai track LOLLOL .. I feel it mayb related to some old family enemity over the Beach house land .. its a common issue in Mumbai LOLLOL...I hope this gunda brings some more excitment in AarYa's life Tongue

I think he is one of the goons tht kidnapped ansh and now wants revenge frm him or sumthin lyk tht maybe this guy shud misbehave wid aarti n Yash may get all posessive and beat him up n then start being confused as to y he was feeling so possesive over n then hav him start watchin aarti silently lyk hw she watches him...teeheeBig smile

But how will this servant Chagan know about the Ansh incident ?? ConfusedConfused...it was the servant who cautioned Yash from going out as there is danger which means even the servent knows about this goon Confused

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.AddictbbbcccEva JQPearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroZetter49erFananonee

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gurtiluv

Nice take Samana! It does seem like Aarti is the one who has lost herself trying to fit into the family and be a bahu, mother and wife. It is now Yash's turn to take weight on this relationship. But Aarti still knows who she is and is not afraid to show it when she needs too.

Thanks. Yes, Aarti has lost herself, but very much on purpose. She doesn't want to be the Aarti that loved Prashant, the bCensoredd, hopelessly, for so long, She wants to be exclusively the Aarti that is Yash's wife and the three kids' mother, bahu of Scindia parivar. She knows who she wants to be and acts according to that, but accepting who she really is will be a big step for her and Yash.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.AddictbbbcccAngeloScuroZetterjyoti06pickachu

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
@Sammy: WOW. Take a bow girl. Loved your writeup today. You wrote exactly what I wanted to but in a much better way =) I agree completely about your take on the argument b/w AarYa today. Yash's "you're trying to be Arpita" accusations need to be stopped and only Aarti has the power to make that happen. And you can never account for when a person's bubble bursts (aha!) and today was the day for Aarti. Who would've thought a trip to get lingerie would end up like that?

@Jyo: Lovely analysis as usual ... I also agree about Paridhi now... Gaya's comparison really hit her hard and I think any bahu would relate if she has other jethanis/devraani's in this house and gets compared with them .. she wouldn't like it at all.

Z

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictnirmalac99Pearl_27bbbcccSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64ZetterAllbut1jyoti06

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index