nonasi IF-Dazzler
nonasi
nonasi

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chinnu-

Originally posted by asha...

Yup She would and call me Mariam :)
She wasn't from England and really couldnt handle the class either so yeah. I actually havent read pride and prejudice I heard its a good book but havent got it yet Tongue

Lol we had a maths teacher that wasn't from England ...she thought that we were laughing at her accent when we used to have jokes... :O

P&P is just a lovely book...I even watched the movie like three times in one go 

Loopy: Ian has gone to film for TVD...its Aisha here... Tongue

Lol yeah she was like your maths teacher. It was like urm we're not laughing at you woman. Then she'd apologise later so it was all good.
I havent seen the movie either. The only thing that comes to my mind when pride and prejudice is mentioned is bride and prejudice lol

Is your name Aisha? Then how come your usernames Asha? if you dont mind me asking LOL

Ugh, Bride and Prejudice is a disgrace in the name of adaptations...

@Ouma: There is something about the Knightley-Macfadyen version that gels better. Maybe it's 'cause there's less of that weird '90s feel to it...??

@Bhangs: You're almost there! Approve

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bhangan

asha... IF-Rockerz
asha...
asha...

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:58pm | IP Logged

Lol yeah she was like your maths teacher. It was like urm we're not laughing at you woman. Then she'd apologise later so it was all good.
I havent seen the movie either. The only thing that comes to my mind when pride and prejudice is mentioned is bride and prejudice lol

Is your name Aisha? Then how come your usernames Asha? if you dont mind me asking LOL

In ours it was the opposite way round...we apologized to her. But I was always on good terms with her. She was a lovely teacher... ;)

Haha...B&P is so the indian version, I like that too. Darcy is quite HOT, plus he's the same guy who's in Britney's Toxic music vid... LOL

Yep it is...I just put asha cause I didn't know what kinda forum I was joining. Which BTW I only joined for WU but its sucked me in hard... LOL

@ Ouma: My first proposal on IF ...of course I'll marry you *forehead kiss* Hug. Although i haven't watched the original version of P&P, but heard Colin is the better actor. I need to get hold of it... 

Edited by asha... - 08 August 2012 at 5:59pm

nonasi

arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by asha...

In ours it was the opposite way round...we apologized to her. But I was always on good terms with her. She was a lovely teacher... ;)

Haha...B&P is so the indian version, I like that too. Darcy is quite HOT, plus he's the same guy who's in Britney's Toxic music vid... LOL

Yep it is...I just put asha cause I didn't know what kinda forum I was joining. Which BTW I only joined for WU but its sucked me in hard... LOL

@ Ouma: My first proposal..of course I'll marry you *forehead kiss* Hug. Although i haven't watched the original version of P&P, but heard Colin is the better actor. I need to get hold of it... 

Meh, ngl- my favourite Colin Firth 'Darcy' was Mark.
The only time I have rooted for the good guy over the bad boy. Daniel Cleaver was an irredeemable jackass.

Edited by arisai - 08 August 2012 at 6:01pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiasha...

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasibhanganEXPELLIARMUSSeerialLoopsboyznaka

mayabegum IF-Dazzler
mayabegum
mayabegum

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiya229

Abhaas is practising his BOLT moves for the 2016 Olympics, in RM

*spoiler pic*
LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasibhanganTiyaliboyznaka

nonasi IF-Dazzler
nonasi
nonasi

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arisai

Originally posted by nonasi

OMG. ME TOO!!!! I loved it when I was 12/13 and then again when I was 15/16 and had to read it for school. *forced hug*

I read Catcher in the Rye when I was 12/13, so I don't think I fully understood it, but I still really liked it. Been meaning to reread it for ages...Smile

I think it's kind of nice to read it as a kid, because you don't question Scout's thought process and you agree with her kind of childish logic and you get the basic core message which is "Don't judge.". Then you re-read it when you're older and you fully understand what happened with Tom and Mayella and it's just... okay seriously- you do not want to pull me into a conversation about literature, I can ramble on for days LOL

One of my best friends absolutely DESPISES Holden- we get into full on debates about this when he's drunk. Either way, rereading it, you'll form a really strong opinion on Holden. 

A slightly lighter- but also in some ways, more serious- CitR is The Perks of Being A Wallflower (which is getting a film with EZRA FREAKING MILLER- also Hermione Granger and Percy Jackson) which is where the quote "And in that moment- I swear we were infinite" that all the hipsters get tattooed across their chests, is from.

It did jar me how little attention I had actually paid to the whole Mayella and Tom case my first time around, but everything about the book is just amazing. I loved the film too.

My sister loved Catcher when she was 12/13 too; she tried to reread when she was older too, but she couldn't get through it...she might agree with your friend there. Stern Smile

Lol, oh hipsters. LOL

arisai

arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nonasi

It did jar me how little attention I had actually paid to the whole Mayella and Tom case my first time around, but everything about the book is just amazing. I loved the film too.

My sister loved Catcher when she was 12/13 too; she tried to reread when she was older too, but she couldn't get through it...she might agree with your friend there. Stern Smile

Lol, oh hipsters. LOL

Yeah. I'm a little sad Harper Lee never wrote anything else. Such a brilliant story. Would've been interesting to see what else she had up there.

I'm loathe to admit it, but I think my friend and your sister may be right. He's a total twat of a character. My Holden love, I fear, is my inner GulKhan rearing her ugly head.

Lmao tell me about it. I live in Cambridge- HOME of the hipsters.

Edited by arisai - 08 August 2012 at 6:05pm

nonasi

-Chinnu- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiasha...

Go to top