An open plea to Ekta

Posted: 11 years ago

Dear Ekta,

I have fallen prey to the magic called ARVI, the Arjun Purvi romance and beg you with all sincerity, nay, pray with unfeigned piety to leave them well alone.  Please do not disappoint ARVI fans by unnecessarily dragging Ovi into Arjun's and Purvi's life all over again.  Arjun and Purvi are not Archana and Manav, and Ovi is not Shravani, we are tired of the same old, same old that you dish out, breaking lovers, uniting them, pulling them asunder, forming new pairs, this is not how life works and art is supposed to be a reflection of life. 

Art mirrors life and we do not want to see a rehash of what has gone before, not the Manav-Shravani-Archana triangle nor the Arjun-Purvi-Ovi triangle again. We have been there, seen that, done that.  Please move on to fresh pastures.  Get going with the divorce track, the undoing of Varsha, the unmasking of Soham, finding pairs for Tej and Ovi, infusing some life and love into that guy, Sachin.

Have you noticed how you have not portrayed one single pair in PR as being happily married?  Not one.  Archana and Manav, Vaishali and Dharmesh, Ajit and Vandu, Varsha and Satish, Savita and Damo, Vinod and Manju, no pair is happy, only the last may be said to have a modicum of normalcy.  What is with your creative writing team?  Are they all born with massive chips on their shoulders or are they die-hard cynics that they deign to write love stories entitled Pavitra Rishta under the guise of misplaced satire.  I have to applaud them if this is their intent, they are on par with Swift whose satire was mistaken for a children's tale.  Let us know if this is their true calling, to rant on society and marriage in general and we will stop watching this pathetic tale from unfolding further.

Hear us for once, let Arjun and Purvi be the exception to your sad line of lovers gone wrong, couples doomed to failure, let them be the beacon light of your show, shining bright as an example of how love can outshine and conquer all ills.  No, not after a failed marriage to Ovi, we do not want any sullied goods for Purvi, we want Arjun pristine and pure for Purvi alone.  Find another man for Ovi who will cherish her like she needs to be cherished.  Ekta, have a heart and take heed, please.

An ardent ARVI fan
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 11 years ago
Well said Janhvi!

I second that!
Great post Janhvi !!!

I'll 3rd that after Laurie!

Also, I wanna add... not only do we not want sullied goods for Purvi. We dont want upset stomachs from seeing another man holding up Purvi or kissing her hands.
Good Post Jahnvi..

I'll 4th that after my dear friend Laurie and Ashlika...literally I am not able to digest that Arjun evil Ovi marriage.. 
Edited by ramki1 - 11 years ago
Janhvi, Thank you soo much for this plea and request on our behalf
I have actually given up this time. 😭
I second that motion.  The Manav and Achana has gone on long enough and seems to be getting worse, it's time for the writers to let it go.  If the story line points to Arjun and Purvi breakng up, I honestly believe I will stop watching Pavitra Rishta.  I know we all have a choice to watch what we want but when it gets ridiculous and repetitive it's time to move on.
You go, Jahnvi !! We are all with you on this..
Post it on ZEE and PR, balaji telefilms fb pages... Or maybe Jai can forward it to his friend in Balaji telefilms...who can do the needful...
Edited by jdronamraju - 11 years ago
Dear Janhvi,

You have said all that needed to be said under this head, and stated it clearly and unambiguously. I do not suppose that Ekta Kapoor, despite her reportedly phenomenal eye  and appetite for detail, would really be supervising the development of Pavitra Rishta, but her CVs would be responsible to her for the success or failure of the serial, and I hope they pay heed to your warning

This warning is is echoed by EVERY member of this forum. The frantically negative reaction across the forum yesterday, in response to the Tellychakkar article predicting an Arjun-Purvi breakup, was proof positive of this.

The resurgence of PR from the rut it was in, and the very low TRPs to which it had sunk in the latter half of 2011, and the promise it now holds of regaining its lost glory, are both due in large measure to the freshness and great appeal of the Arjun-Purvi pairing, and their chemistry, which fairly leaps off the TV screen.

If this pairing is to be split up, and forced into a cycle of misery, for them and for the very large number of their fans who want above all to see them united and happy, it will spell doom for PR.

I hope that the CVs pay attention to what is being stated so very strongly in this thread, and spare Arjun and Purvi the standard convulsions and despair that have been the bane of the viewers of Pavitra Rishta. That will bring rich returns for  both the production house and the loyal audience.

Shyamala

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Dear Ekta,

I have fallen prey to the magic called ARVI, the Arjun Puriv romance and beg you with all sincerity, nay, pray with unfeigned piety to leave them well alone.  Please do not disappoint ARVI fans by unnecessarily dragging Ovi into Arjun's and Purvi's life all over again.  Arjun and Purvi are not Archana and Manav, and Ovi is not Shravani, we are tired of the same old, same old that you dish out, breaking lovers, uniting them, pulling them asunder, forming new pairs, this is not how life works and art is supposed to be a reflection of life. 

Art mirrors life and we do not want to see a rehash of what has gone before, not the Manav-Shravani-Archana triangle nor the Arjun-Purvi-Ovi triangle again. We have been there, seen that, done that.  Please move on to fresh pastures.  Get going with the divorce track, the undoing of Varsha, the unmasking of Soham, finding pairs for Tej and Ovi, infusing some life and love into that guy, Sachin.

Have you noticed how you have not portrayed one single pair in PR as being happily married?  Not one.  Archana and Manav, Vaishali and Dharmesh, Ajit and Vandu, Varsha and Satish, Savita and Damo, Vinod and Manju, no pair is happy, only the last may be said to have a modicum of normalcy.  What is with your creative writing team?  Are they all born with massive chips on their shoulders or are they die-hard cynics that they deign to write love stories entitled Pavitra Rishta under the guise of misplaced satire.  I have to applaud them if this is their intent, they are on par with Swift whose satire was mistaken for a children's tale.  Let us know if this is their true calling, to rant on society and marriage in general and we will stop watching this pathetic tale from unfolding further.

Hear us for once, let Arjun and Purvi be the exception to your sad line of lovers gone wrong, couples doomed to failure, let them be the beacon light of your show, shining bright as an example of how love can outshine and conquer all ills.  No, not after a failed marriage to Ovi, we do not want any sullied goods for Purvi, we want Arjun pristine and pure for Purvi alone.  Find another man for Ovi who will cherish her like she needs to be cherished.  Ekta, have a heart and take heed, please.

An ardent ARVI fan
Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
If she had to separate them ,why didn't she go ahead with the sacrificing track after arjun and ovi engagement , why now?????? She gave us a false hope and assurance that arjun and purvi story will be different it is so sickening.
Jyothi, I would be happy to, I know the fb page for PR but nought else. Do you happen to know the links per chance?