Calling All the "marathi pori" !! - Page 82

Posted: 11 years ago
aga many years back ...ata athavat pan nahi...majhi ek school friend Japan la geli hoti tehwa ti manga books gheun ali hoti..wat had caught me was the detailing ...more than reading me they sketch karayla try karayche

neways aaj kal mala documentaries baghayche bhoot ahe...me khup baghte on difft topics...

my latest favorite is a documentary called "Miss Representation" it challenges the potrayal women in world wide media...I got interested bcos I saw interviews and read about women who put it together...

In my line of work I worked with lot of girls here in USA...u will be shocked to hear the perception teen girls here have...I used to help conduct a workshop introducing teen girls to architecture planning, engineering fields ...what surprised me was the prejudice these girls learn growing in a so called developed country like USA..

Girls please check it out here is  a link of the trailer...

and please all u tell me ur thoughts ..
Edited by memyselfandrshi - 11 years ago
Originally posted by memyselfandrshi

aga many years back ...ata athavat pan nahi...majhi ek school friend Japan la geli hoti tehwa ti manga books gheun ali hoti..wat had caught me was the detailing ...more than reading me they sketch karayla try karayche

Kewl yaar! I just love Japan...I really want to go there for a holiday! Apparently they have the fastest Internet connection in the world. When I was young, I used to fantasise about going to a ninja school in japan πŸ˜†
sanika check my post above urs..
This is for you then...

http://documentaryheaven.com/
I have recently read about American politics...Kaay dokyaala shot aahet hi lokaa...I mean to teach Creatinism in schools and ban evolution ...shappat! 
But my most Favorite Video sit is http://www.ted.com/
 It is simple so inspiring to watch! I can watch it for hrs πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by -sanika-

But my most Favorite Video sit is http://www.ted.com/
 It is simple so inspiring to watch! I can watch it for hrs πŸ˜‰

TED is awesome...mala addiction ahe TED series che...me regularly aikate I want to go attend one live once but its by invitation only
finally found a online link for the entire film...

here it is

finally found a online link for the entire film...

here it is

Thanks I will definitely watch it. IPK is my only vice πŸ˜ƒ The rest of the stuff that I follow is super-seriousπŸ˜•

I just had a look at the trailer. It is so true. I remember this one incident. My friend had started this youth NGO and we had gone with him to talk to the teacher of a school in a village in the outskirts of Mumbai. I was asked to talk to the children and some parents who had come. These parents were labourers in fields and where not letting their children, especially girls come to school either because 1) they were making the children work for more money and 2) the children were baby sitting their younger siblings. So we got talking about how they need that cask etc etc. And I happened to mention that, if you are atleast a 12th graduate and fluent in English, anyone could work in a BPO and earn atleast Rs 10,000 per month. And there are so many options. i also told them that I was going to UK to study further. My friend told me later, that all the girls and boys were apparently inspired by me and the attendence to school increased. Even the parents started sending the children to school. They were so used to struggling on a daily basis, that they never stopped to paln for the future. But if explained properly, they did listen. I learn never to underestimate the power of speech since that Day. 😳 You just never know what might inspire you in the oddest moments!

Sayali, Leena, Sanika sunday che kaay challay?? Me june epi baghte ahe aaj suddha πŸ˜›
June episode baghane has become my hobby these daysπŸ˜‰

TED is awesome...mala addiction ahe TED series che...me regularly aikate I want to go attend one live once but its by invitation only

it is bloody expensive as well!