Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Calling All the "marathi pori" !! (Page 143)

laap IF-Dazzler
laap
laap

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dpotnis

Girls on a topic somewhat similar to what Sanika posted.
This is what I have recently heard from India. Someone from my husbands side is looking to get married. The boy is in US. It seems in India during the muli shodhne karyekram he was asked questions like "are both your parents alive? I would prefer if the boy has only one parent. I cannot manage with both parents."
I was surprised to hear this.
Do the girls really have such views now? Or is it just his bad luck that he found one such girl? Is living with the parents concept slowly dying? I can imagine a girl would like to have a raja-rani saunsar but to this extent?
 did the girl really say that...Shocked.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thechaigirl

-sanika- IF-Rockerz
-sanika-
-sanika-

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 3:03am | IP Logged

This is what I have recently heard from India. Someone from my husbands side is looking to get married. The boy is in US. It seems in India during the muli shodhne karyekram he was asked questions like "are both your parents alive? I would prefer if the boy has only one parent. I cannot manage with both parents."
Do the girls really have such views now? Or is it just his bad luck that he found one such girl? Is living with the parents concept slowly dying? I can imagine a girl would like to have a raja-rani saunsar but to this extent?

Aai ga! Kahi kaay. I, myself have never been traditional. Sasri jaane ha concept mala patat nahi. For me, if I leave my home, so will he. I will take care of my parents and he should take care of his. Equality of labour. Being nice is one thing, but Suneni sasrchya lokanchi kalgi gheyachi, and navrya does nothing, ha concept is not something I agree with and can not follow given my current lifestyle or mentality- Just because I am professionally focused and busy. Manaa pasoon karaaysa vatla tar vegli goshtha aahe. Also, I don't think I can love anyone more than my parents. But this girl is weird even by my standards.

laap

laap IF-Dazzler
laap
laap

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sanika-

Aai ga! Kahi kaay. I, myself have never been traditional. Sasri jaane ha concept mala patat nahi. For me, if I leave my home, so will he. I will take care of my parents and he should take care of his. Equality of labour. Being nice is one thing, but Suneni sasrchya lokanchi kalgi gheyachi, and navrya does nothing, ha concept is not something I agree with and can not follow given my current lifestyle or mentality- Just because I am professionally focused and busy. Manaa pasoon karaaysa vatla tar vegli goshtha aahe. Also, I don't think I can love anyone more than my parents. But this girl is weird even by my standards.
my mom wants my bro n his wife to shift out... its not that my SIL & mom dont get along well...infact they r very close(kadhi kadhi I feel jealous)
my mom feels it is always better to stay separately & be close rather than stay together & be miles apart.
she helped him buy a flat in d same bldg...though he refuses to shift out saying...tu ikti ashi aai ashil ki mulga barobar rahaych mhantoy & you r saying nahi tumhi vegle raha.
so at present all of us are staying in d same bldg...well my inlaws r in pune out of choice that is...

-sanika-

-sanika- IF-Rockerz
-sanika-
-sanika-

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by laap

my mom wants my bro n his wife to shift out... its not that my SIL & mom dont get along well...infact they r very close(kadhi kadhi I feel jealous)
my mom feels it is always better to stay separately & be close rather than stay together & be miles apart.
she helped him buy a flat in d same bldg...though he refuses to shift out saying...tu ikti ashi aai ashil ki mulga barobar rahaych mhantoy & you r saying nahi tumhi vegle raha.
so at present all of us are staying in d same bldg...well my inlaws r in pune out of choice that is...

I think that makes more sense. To stay separately but near enough to drop by. My kaka stays in the same area as us. It must be 15 mins away. He and his family used to stay further away. But, since he has shifted, our families have become so much closer. We know ki my if parents are away, my bro can go hang out there,,,,,te pan hakkane and my cousin comes over as well. They frequently have dinners together. it is so nice to have a close knit family than a joint family.

laap

-sanika- IF-Rockerz
-sanika-
-sanika-

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Hey people, apli sayali kaay chupi rustam aahe...she has written a fantastic OS, IF war post karaayla bhav khaatey...every1, lets force her Dancing The story is too good. It is based on the continuation of the date Embarrassed

thechaigirl

Sayali_23 IF-Rockerz
Sayali_23
Sayali_23

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 7:30am | IP Logged

I would like to meet the writers though! And all my fav authors. I love dissecting issues and discussing them. 

what kind of reading you like??? i mean fiction, non-fiction, biography etc???Smile

Sayali_23 IF-Rockerz
Sayali_23
Sayali_23

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 7:34am | IP Logged

Hey people, apli sayali kaay chupi rustam aahe...she has written a fantastic OS, IF war post karaayla bhav khaatey...every1, lets force her Dancing The story is too good. It is based on the continuation of the date Embarrassed

agaaa bhava nahi khat me...Smile. me kahi dialogue hindit lihale ahe... then i will have to again English madhe bhashantar karave lageErmm...ani i m tooo lazyyy to do that now... ekda dokyatun gele ke gele...Stern Smile

plus it was just for fun... kal ratri your idea about sitting on the car hood and tare pahane... it somehow just got stuck in my mind...Big smileWink

thechaigirl

thechaigirl IF-Dazzler
thechaigirl
thechaigirl

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 7:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by laap

<font size="2">Girls on a topic somewhat similar to what Sanika posted.</font>
<font size="2">This is what I have recently heard from India. Someone from my husbands side is looking to get married. The boy is in US. It seems in India during the muli shodhne karyekram he was asked questions like "are both your parents alive? I would prefer if the boy has only one parent. I cannot manage with both parents."</font>
<font size="2">I was surprised to hear this.</font>
<font size="2">Do the girls really have such views now? Or is it just his bad luck that he found one such girl? Is living with the parents concept slowly dying? I can imagine a girl would like to have a raja-rani saunsar but to this extent?</font>
did the girl really say that...Shocked.

Are incidently aaichya coworker chya mulala ha exact same exp ala ahe..majhe kahi mitra sangtat ki kahi muli pahilya p5 mins madhe exact pay vichartat..ani khup mulinna USA la ale ki indiala parat jayche naste...mahiti nahi how common it is but I was surprised ki ajun konala tari asa exp ala

-sanika-

Go to top