India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Did Shyama behave like Nidhi's mother?

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Shyama is referred to as the mother that Nidhi never had. They are supposed to share a huge emotional bond. It is kind of evident even at Anji's wedding. But yesterday, I felt that Shyama did not say a lot of important things.

Fine, she tried to help Nidhi understand Ashutosh's pov...which, interestingly enough, Nidhi claimed she already did...she asked Nidhi to request for some time from Ashutosh so she could fulfill her ambitions...makes sense too...but I felt she did not say the most important thing that a mother would have...

Any woman who is contemplating motherhood is terrified of the responsibilities it will bring...more so, if she also has professional ambtitions...she feels that she will lose out on all her opportunities, her life will be reduced to home and hearth and she will lose her identity as an individual...none of which is necessarily true...this is where the family steps in...with the backing of the family and their support, a woman can manage much of these responsibilities..

As a mother, the first thing I would tell my daughter is that she should not be worried, for I would be with her every step of the way...I would reassure her that she need not feel frightened of these responsibilities since I and the rest of the family would back her to the hilt on this...we would not stand by and watch her professional dreams unravel..we would make sure that she got every opportunity that she deserved...and we would share in her childrearing responsibilities as much as we could...

Shyama could have said all this...Nidhi's family after all lives in the same city...sharing her responsibilties would not be too difficult a task for them...

Instead she asked her to give two years to her career and then devote herself to motherhood...made no sense to me...why would she have  to or want to do that...when she can very well have her career too!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 08 August 2012 at 3:42am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveIsDivinePooliciousSSA777fanktlkkoyelbasurajanigandha26jayanti_dj

kaks0211 IF-Rockerz
kaks0211
kaks0211

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Tell me did she actually tell Nidhi to give up her career after 2 years or did she say that in 2 years you will be able to set up ur career? She also said that now a days career and motherhood can go together.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rajanigandha26

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaks0211

Tell me did she actually tell Nidhi to give up her career after 2 years or did she say that in 2 years you will be able to set up ur career? She also said that now a days career and motherhood can go together.

Kaks, she clearly said that in two years, you would have fulfilled your career ambitions after which you can devote yourself to motherhood...!

And about the nowadays part, that is really funny...juggling a career and motherhood is not a today's phenomenon...my mother did it before I did...career women have been the norm for more than four decades at least now...even in India!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 08 August 2012 at 3:50am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PooliciousSSA777fanktlk

Krrish4You IF-Rockerz
Krrish4You
Krrish4You

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Sujata: grabbing every opportunity takes a person nowhere, if the person is goal oriented...There shud be clear defined goal on wat person got to become.. Shayama aunty hs played her part very well to nidhi in yesterday's episode...

Sujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ithasme

Sujata: grabbing every opportunity takes a person nowhere, if the person is goal oriented...There shud be clear defined goal on wat person got to become.. Shayama aunty hs played her part very well to nidhi in yesterday's episode...

Harshal...I am not talking about Nidhi's career ambitions here...I am only talking of a mother's perspective...am merely sharing a mother's perspective...as a modern mother, if I knew my daughter had the potential, I would do my level best to make sure that her family responsibilities did not deny her the opportunity to explore her potential...again, it is a matter of perspective...!

Krrish4You

parmarA IF-Sizzlerz
parmarA
parmarA

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:55am | IP Logged
yes,she behave so.she gave her advice that think by ashu's pov.and career can wait but children do not wait.and as ashu's age is running nidhi's too running.she gave cool advice to convey ashu for two yrs.she herself choose motherhood.

Sujatha.rao

Krrish4You IF-Rockerz
Krrish4You
Krrish4You

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Sujata: shayma aunty hs always guided nidhi right since childhood.. I feel watever advice or suggestions she gave to nidhi yesterday's epi ws upto mark...

Sujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by alkaparmart

yes,she behave so.she gave her advice that think by ashu's pov.and career can wait but children do not wait.and as ashu's age is running nidhi's too running.she gave cool advice to convey ashu for two yrs.she herself choose motherhood.

Alka, I already said that she made her understand Ashu's pov...there is no question about that...I only felt that as a mother she could have been more supportive of Nidhi's ambitions...and said that she would be always there to share Nidhi's responsibilities and help her balance career and motherhood...that is what I felt was missing!

Go to top