Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

Stop it now! Gulabia...!!! :@ (Page 4)

un786 Groupbie
un786
un786

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged

@suresh555 so true.

Remember it was G who went to TVS to get his word that he will in fact marry her daughter. G wanted nothing more than TVS marring Sugni. That was all that mattered to her. I don't understand how some people can say that G is jealous of her daughter. As a parent you want nothing but the best for your children. Everything you didn't have as a kid, you want to give to your children. That is why you work your bum off and sacrifice your life to make sure your children's dreams come true. And that is what G has been doing all her life. But when she found out that TVS was married, she didn't want him marrying Sugni because even if he did marry Sugni, she would be in fact be the "other women." Just like G herself. In society's eyes, she would still be a bedni and that is not what G wants and she knows that is definitely not what Sugni wants or ever wanted. So both hers and Sugni's anger are justified. Just for a moment put yourselves in G shoes as a mom, in her current situation and then think is her anger really justified? I know a bunch of people fell in love with Sugvi (I was one of them), but that was a different TVS that stole our hearts away and we fell in love with. The one standing in front of us today, with circumstances beyond his control (some what), is one who is marrying someone for love, but starting the relationship on a lie. Marriage is all about trust and compromise. To start something so scared off on lies is not the way. It is not fair to either Reva (who can't help that she is unwell, it 's not her fault) and Sugni (who thinks she is marrying someone who is giving her love and all the rights and respects of being a wife, both privately and socially).

What TVS did was wrong. I know he really loves Sugni, but think after marriage (think of how hurt and angry she is now) if he told her about Reva how would she feel? How would any of you feel? We all saw her hurt and emotions so well the other day. Just think for a minute, what she would do then? If you were Reva how would you feel? I am hurt that  TVS has to be shown in this light. But the fact of the matter is that he is shown like that. The whole time I was watching the episode I was waiting for my old TVS to come back and take control of the situation, but he just stood there. I know I might make a lot of people angry by saying this, but TVS is lucky he didn't get the ring thrown at his face for what he did to Sugni. I had tears in my eyes watching as her world fell apart.

That went on a lot longer than I expected it to be. I know we all love Sugvi and are loyal fans, but we have to realize and admit to the fact when someone makes a mistake, even if it is someone who means the world to us, they have to accept the consequences that follow. And in this case, TVS made a really big one. I am sorry if a hurt anyone's feelings, but I just want people to look at the whole thing from G and Sugni's point of view and not bad mouth them without really understanding what they are going through.  I just wish that Sugni did not have to see the truth this way and in front of everyone on her wedding day.   

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

devashree_hKalapi

radev24 IF-Stunnerz
radev24
radev24

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by XAiShBaBy08X

Originally posted by suresh555

After all the struggle Gulabia went through to make Sugni realize the truth and each time TVS making her out to be a liar by hiding Riwa, how can anyone blame Gulabia for getting angry after TVS's reality is finally revealed to Sugni.TVS even created a wall between the mother-daughter who were so close at one time.

TVS is less of a victim here than Sugni and Gulabia. TVS has broken the both these women's faith. Sugni trusted TVS more than a god and Gulabia trusted him to make her daughter's dreams come true until she came across his deceit. His intentions may be good for Sugni but his lies have hurt her badly, so Gulabia has every right as a mother to explode IMO

I agree!  I mean, I understand that a lot of people like TVS...I do as well.  BUT what he did was definitely wrong.  Gulabiya is definitely going to be mad...especially since she has pent up frustration because nobody would believe her.  

A lot of people are saying that Gulabiya never said or defended her daughter before...but you have to take the circumstances at that time into consideration.  Rai dance was their means of food.  They have gone without doing it...so they didn't know how life would be if they didn't do Rai.  Also, Gulabiya kept saying that Sugni will dance one day because she pretty much would put it off.  She, at the time, didn't want to actually face the facts and make a decision...so she naturally kept putting it off and telling people that Sugni will dance one day in order to get the people off her back.  When Sugni took Gulabiya's place to do the Rai dance...Gulabiya made the decision that she didn't want Sugni to dance and hence, tried her best to stop Sugni.  Now after all of that...if a Thakur comes and promises to make all of Sugni's dreams come true...obviously Gulabiya is going to have doubts.  Instead of getting rid of her doubts, she comes face to face with a truth that only confirms it...only to have it rejected by everyone.  No one was ready to believe her.  If this was happening to my daughter...I would have probably been even more furious...with my daughter and her so called fiance.  

All in all, I don't see what is wrong with what Gulabiya did.  Sure...TVS is a human and made a mistake...but he broke everyone's trust...you can't expect everyone to just be quiet or be more respectful to him...it makes sense that Sugni throws the ring at him...even if it is his Mom's ring.  At that time, she definitely is NOT going to think rationally.  

After all, EVERYONE is only human...not just TVS, but also Gulabiya and Sugni.  

Excellent posts you both!

Even though you may be in the minority as far as this thread and POVs AGAINST Gulabiya, hats off to both of you coz I am in the minority too, when I agree 110% with you both and take pride in saying that I WISH I HAD A MOTHER LIKE GULABIYA TOO! Clap G was happy for Sug and even elated and emotional when she heard the happiness in Sugni's voice on the phone (July 2nd epi) re TVS shaadi announcement. But that was short-lived when G became the recipient of TVS one lie after another re RM. And the extent to which G had to struggle til the end to save her daughter from the impending heartbreaks, hurt and loss of trust, is all too well known to us.

What G did all her life was what she had to do  ... for the sake of PAAPI PET of entire family as per the promise she gave to her mother (no flashbacks though ~ in conversations). She fulfilled her end of the bargain even at the cost of her dignity, esp the night when she had no choice, no electricity, no food, and stealthily knocked at the door of TJS, and the dejected way she held the meager money in the palms of her hand, just so she could provide for the NEXT MEAL for the whole family. So she never wanted her proud daughter to lead a degraded, disrespectful life she did. Sugni's dreams became her sapne like the KAAJAL in her eyes, and like the umbilical cord that never broke between them.

XAi, yes, I would have been more furious and intolerant too with my daughter than G, knowing what I know about the village, the unbreakable traditions of the Bedni system, and would take a thakur's proclaimed love for my Bedni daughter with a grain of salt.

Today's epi was heart shattering and I actually had tears in my eyes watching Sugni's screams and break and throw the jewellery back at her home. IMO no other actor can perform it so earth-shatteringly. Gulki excelled at the haveli and put everyone to shame with her stand, her dignity, her truthful demeanor, her atmasammaan.

So was TVS-Adi convo and arguments. Adi's righteous approach and TVS keeping firm in his stand for his love and the dialogue delivery, body language, were beyond commendable too. And what I found thought-provoking was the way epi ended when TVS shouted back at Adi and told him in no uncertain terms these powerpacked words ~~ DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA  OR DO YOU EVEN RECOGNIZE  THE TRUTH HIDDEN IN THE LIES AND LIES HIDDEN IN THE TRUTH ?? Remains to be seen how TVS would prove the meaning of these words to Adi and rest of his family thru his actions in the upcoming epis, if indeed he will ... 

Yes, the ring was thrown back at TVS but how would you react if you were in Sugni's place ? Her entire world came crumbling down, her dreams shattered in thousand pieces, would you still be very rational ??? Besides she noticed the ring while at the door on her way out of what was going to be her sasural, and a proud girl like her would turn physically around just so she can hand over the ring peacefully ???

Edited by radev24 - 08 August 2012 at 1:15pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

XAiShBaBy08Xsurvi035devashree_hKalapiForeverSHINee

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by un786

@suresh555 so true.

Remember it was G who went to TVS to get his word that he will in fact marry her daughter. G wanted nothing more than TVS marring Sugni. That was all that mattered to her. I don't understand how some people can say that G is jealous of her daughter. As a parent you want nothing but the best for your children. Everything you didn't have as a kid, you want to give to your children. That is why you work your bum off and sacrifice your life to make sure your children's dreams come true. And that is what G has been doing all her life. But when she found out that TVS was married, she didn't want him marrying Sugni because even if he did marry Sugni, she would be in fact be the "other women." Just like G herself. In society's eyes, she would still be a bedni and that is not what G wants and she knows that is definitely not what Sugni wants or ever wanted. So both hers and Sugni's anger are justified. Just for a moment put yourselves in G shoes as a mom, in her current situation and then think is her anger really justified? I know a bunch of people fell in love with Sugvi (I was one of them), but that was a different TVS that stole our hearts away and we fell in love with. The one standing in front of us today, with circumstances beyond his control (some what), is one who is marrying someone for love, but starting the relationship on a lie. Marriage is all about trust and compromise. To start something so scared off on lies is not the way. It is not fair to either Reva (who can't help that she is unwell, it 's not her fault) and Sugni (who thinks she is marrying someone who is giving her love and all the rights and respects of being a wife, both privately and socially).

What TVS did was wrong. I know he really loves Sugni, but think after marriage (think of how hurt and angry she is now) if he told her about Reva how would she feel? How would any of you feel? We all saw her hurt and emotions so well the other day. Just think for a minute, what she would do then? If you were Reva how would you feel? I am hurt that  TVS has to be shown in this light. But the fact of the matter is that he is shown like that. The whole time I was watching the episode I was waiting for my old TVS to come back and take control of the situation, but he just stood there. I know I might make a lot of people angry by saying this, but TVS is lucky he didn't get the ring thrown at his face for what he did to Sugni. I had tears in my eyes watching as her world fell apart.

That went on a lot longer than I expected it to be. I know we all love Sugvi and are loyal fans, but we have to realize and admit to the fact when someone makes a mistake, even if it is someone who means the world to us, they have to accept the consequences that follow. And in this case, TVS made a really big one. I am sorry if a hurt anyone's feelings, but I just want people to look at the whole thing from G and Sugni's point of view and not bad mouth them without really understanding what they are going through.  I just wish that Sugni did not have to see the truth this way and in front of everyone on her wedding day.   

Exactly what I was wanting to say, but you definitely said it a lot better than me.  Thank you for this post.  Smile

I personally don't hate Vikram!  In fact, I really liked his character.  But like you said, what is wrong is wrong.  Yes he is a human being...and I give my sympathies, but I cannot condone what he did with Sugni.  

Like you said Gulabiya wanted him to marry Sugni...she just didn't want him to cheat her.  Also, how is she jealous of her own child?!  She was ready to have her sardhakai with another man in order to solve their problems and keep Sugni from having her sardhakai done!  To me, this act was selfless.  

Edited by XAiShBaBy08X - 08 August 2012 at 2:18pm

KalapiForeverSHINee

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by radev24

After all the struggle Gulabia went through to make Sugni realize the truth and each time TVS making her out to be a liar by hiding Riwa, how can anyone blame Gulabia for getting angry after TVS's reality is finally revealed to Sugni.TVS even created a wall between the mother-daughter who were so close at one time.

TVS is less of a victim here than Sugni and Gulabia. TVS has broken the both these women's faith. Sugni trusted TVS more than a god and Gulabia trusted him to make her daughter's dreams come true until she came across his deceit. His intentions may be good for Sugni but his lies have hurt her badly, so Gulabia has every right as a mother to explode IMO

I agree!  I mean, I understand that a lot of people like TVS...I do as well.  BUT what he did was definitely wrong.  Gulabiya is definitely going to be mad...especially since she has pent up frustration because nobody would believe her.  

A lot of people are saying that Gulabiya never said or defended her daughter before...but you have to take the circumstances at that time into consideration.  Rai dance was their means of food.  They have gone without doing it...so they didn't know how life would be if they didn't do Rai.  Also, Gulabiya kept saying that Sugni will dance one day because she pretty much would put it off.  She, at the time, didn't want to actually face the facts and make a decision...so she naturally kept putting it off and telling people that Sugni will dance one day in order to get the people off her back.  When Sugni took Gulabiya's place to do the Rai dance...Gulabiya made the decision that she didn't want Sugni to dance and hence, tried her best to stop Sugni.  Now after all of that...if a Thakur comes and promises to make all of Sugni's dreams come true...obviously Gulabiya is going to have doubts.  Instead of getting rid of her doubts, she comes face to face with a truth that only confirms it...only to have it rejected by everyone.  No one was ready to believe her.  If this was happening to my daughter...I would have probably been even more furious...with my daughter and her so called fiance.  

All in all, I don't see what is wrong with what Gulabiya did.  Sure...TVS is a human and made a mistake...but he broke everyone's trust...you can't expect everyone to just be quiet or be more respectful to him...it makes sense that Sugni throws the ring at him...even if it is his Mom's ring.  At that time, she definitely is NOT going to think rationally.  

After all, EVERYONE is only human...not just TVS, but also Gulabiya and Sugni.  

Excellent posts you both!

Even though you may be in the minority as far as this thread and POVs AGAINST Gulabiya, hats off to both of you coz I am in the minority too, when I agree 110% with you both and take pride in saying that I WISH I HAD A MOTHER LIKE GULABIYA TOO! Clap G was happy for Sug and even elated and emotional when she heard the happiness in Sugni's voice on the phone (July 2nd epi) re TVS shaadi announcement. But that was short-lived when G became the recipient of TVS one lie after another re RM. And the extent to which G had to struggle til the end to save her daughter from the impending heartbreaks, hurt and loss of trust, is all too well known to us.

What G did all her life was what she had to do  ... for the sake of PAAPI PET of entire family as per the promise she gave to her mother (no flashbacks though ~ in conversations). She fulfilled her end of the bargain even at the cost of her dignity, esp the night when she had no choice, no electricity, no food, and stealthily knocked at the door of TJS, and the dejected way she held the meager money in the palms of her hand, just so she could provide for the NEXT MEAL for the whole family. So she never wanted her proud daughter to lead a degraded, disrespectful life she did. Sugni's dreams became her sapne like the KAAJAL in her eyes, and like the umbilical cord that never broke between them.

XAi, yes, I would have been more furious and intolerant too with my daughter than G, knowing what I know about the village, the unbreakable traditions of the Bedni system, and would take a thakur's proclaimed love for my Bedni daughter with a grain of salt.

Today's epi was heart shattering and I actually had tears in my eyes watching Sugni's screams and break and throw the jewellery back at her home. IMO no other actor can perform it so earth-shatteringly. Gulki excelled at the haveli and put everyone to shame with her stand, her dignity, her truthful demeanor, her atmasammaan.

So was TVS-Adi convo and arguments. Adi's righteous approach and TVS keeping firm in his stand for his love and the dialogue delivery, body language, were beyond commendable too. And what I found thought-provoking was the way epi ended when TVS shouted back at Adi and told him in no uncertain terms these powerpacked words ~~ DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA  OR DO YOU EVEN RECOGNIZE  THE TRUTH HIDDEN IN THE LIES AND LIES HIDDEN IN THE TRUTH ?? Remains to be seen how TVS would prove the meaning of these words to Adi and rest of his family thru his actions in the upcoming epis, if indeed he will ... 

Yes, the ring was thrown back at TVS but how would you react if you were in Sugni's place ? Her entire world came crumbling down, her dreams shattered in thousand pieces, would you still be very rational ??? Besides she noticed the ring while at the door on her way out of what was going to be her sasural, and a proud girl like her would turn physically around just so she can hand over the ring peacefully ???

I agree with you too.  I would have been furious with my daughter.  My Mother would have been soo disappointed if I didn't believe her.  Gulabiya's reactions were actually toned down to me...

I just don't see how people are calling this Mother jealous and irritating.  I wonder what people what have called me if I was in Gulabiya's place!! 

ForeverSHINeeradev24

un786 Groupbie
un786
un786

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
@ XAiShBaBy08X

You are so welcome!Smile

It is one thing to judge someone, point fingers and blame them, but it is another thing to be the one who is being judged and being pointed at!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

XAiShBaBy08Xsurvi035devashree_h

Saviosaraff Senior Member
Saviosaraff
Saviosaraff

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
XAiShBaBy08X

Originally posted by Saviosaraff

For once i loved Jiji's comment

Jiji says why you are blaming my brother  look at your daughter because  of my brother she is getting a position of a thakurian otherwise she would be dancing in front of Thakurs and waiting to be sold off .

How can Gulb forget that it is because of VT that Sugni is safe today.  He saved her from the Thakur's which she as a mother could only cry behind a pillar.

Would selling Sugni be better than marrying TVS?

No.  It would be the same.  She would not be considered a legal wife in the eyes of the world, law, or they town's society...so it would be the same...except Sugni's family would not receive any money for "marrying" her off. 

No my dear friend you got me wrong a bedni's life is not just sold to one Thakur but many on different nights.  So married to VT Sugni would have been the second wife of Vikram Thakur and with Reva at the hospital for treatment, Sugni becomes the Thakurayan, but with Sardhakai she becomes a bedni to different Thakur's every other night.  This is the only profession Bedni's are allowed to do (sad though it is).  This serial is all about this social issue where a Bedni can only be sold never married and leading a decent life.  This decent life Vikram Thakur is trying to give Sugni married to only one man not different men every night.

It is not Vikram Thkur's fault that Reva has suddenly risen from the dead with a mystery around her which neither Adi nor Gulb are trying to find out.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

muktha_cutestephhhLaila2009

survi035 Goldie
survi035
survi035

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Read through all the comments. Good stuff guys. 
Suresh: Your reply was awesum. Barely left me to say anything else. Im thinking along the same terms as you are "TVS is less of a victim in the situation". Everything you was easy to understand and I could not have put it better myself. Thankyou. 

Gulabia is totally right in the way she reacted. Shes Sugni's mother for goodness sake and her daughter was being deceived and almost driven away from her. I say "good going Gulabiya" and its good to see Sugni finally getting to know the truth.
survi035 Goldie
survi035
survi035

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by venesa

Originally posted by preetie

I have been irritating by G for a while. Now that truth is out she can go back to her dancing job and what future does S has now. She is stupid. She was acting like she is thakuran herself. Truth is she slept with thakur for money to feed her family. Now it is strange hearing parvachans from her. She needs to get lost and take sugani with her.

forget about sleeping for 100rs.
she was ready to get selled again to vikrams uncle
i dont knw what happiness she get by getting selled to difft men for money but cant c her daughter getting married to a guy who loves her,respects her,supports her and fights with whole society for her daughter but still she prefers getting her daughter do rai and sardakai but not marriage.
shame on gulabiya
hope no one in the world get such type of mother

Really?  Gulabiya chose to get sold to save everyone from starving to death instead of having her daughter sold...which is the custom in their culture...and you are saying that she is a bad Mother.  After the way Sugni treated her Mom...most people would expect Gulabiya to stay quiet...and say "I told you so!" after the truth was out.  She definitely does NOT want Sugni to be sold...she won't even force her to do the Rai dance.  Gulabiya does not want her to become a secondary wife.  A second wife in society is considered to be illegal AND they refer to her as a rakhel...which is the same as getting sold.  

I hope everyone gets a Mother like her...including you.  I hope all of the Mothers think of their daughter's happiness even after enduring all of the disrespect  that everyone, including the daughter, has given her.  

Another awesum comment. XAiShBaBy08X]: theres no way Gulabiya can be classified as a bad mother, shes no where near that line. Shes the bestest mother anyone could ask for. A second wife was exactly what she did not want for her daughter, and I believe she knew that Sugni would be MORE HURT if she found out TVS's lies after the marriage so to save Sugni from future heartbreak she wanted to reveal TVS to Sugni. I admire Gulabiya's courage and commitment. 

All in all, I liked what you wrote :-) and Devashree, you too :-)

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index