Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Public verdict on IPK declared. (Page 19)

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:29am | IP Logged

Ricky brilliant analysisClap Clap 

I have just written about the misconceptions many folks seem to have about the intelligent Indian viewers Please do add or correct if you feel anything needs to be

I will post my response to your post a bit later tonight

Once again very well addressed

Part 1

TRP and Promos

I have read various posts blaming SP for the low TRP lack of promotion of the show how TRP's are manipulated how these boxes are in  houses that don't matter and sadly many of these posts are written by people living outside of India without really any actual clue what really is happening I can understand their confusion but please do not condemn the India viewers because a so called favorite show is not doing well Just because one is  obsessed with it does not mean there are conspiracy theories to make the show fail.

Let me inform all the kind and worried folks who are not privy to or conversant with Indian culture and I am not being condescending just stating a fact that is respected world wide especially by Consumer giants Indian viewers are not fools This is a nation of 1 billion plus whose biggest entertainment time pass apart from Bollywood and cricket  is the television. They are smart savvy and look for value for money for the rupees they are shelling out for their viewing pleasure

If TRP's were being manipulated then I doubt many channels would be cancelling shows or producing new ones as any way the TRP lies Each channel knows the TRP is the barometer of viewing truth they are no fools and in this battle for network ratings every entertainment channel will go for the kill even exposing false ratings if they feel their position is being threatened by a rival channel It's a nasty business even Kolaveri at times

The NDTV article was related to them questioning the veracity of Times Now News channel claiming to be No1 channel watched by all. Ad revenues are the bread and butter for such channels and that is why NDTV is suing  now if they felt the entire system was fraudulent then they would not have agreed to shut shop NDTV imagine so please understand there is a whole world of a difference in the TRP in question

"Low ratings for NDTV news channels have also led to public claims by other news channels of being the number 1 (one) channel," the broadcaster said in its petition. "This loss of hard-earned reputation and goodwill along with the damage to the profitability of NDTV as a result of low advertising revenues has in turn severely damaged the brand value of NDTV."

One can blame SP for not showing promos but can one really blame SP for their refusal to be a part of false advertising The last promo the channel released with ASR and KKG for the maha episode had absolutely no relevance or connection to the track at all and didn't many of us so called loyal viewers feel cheated over their splash promising something and delivering zilch

Taglines were shown again no connections and this has been the case from December of last year so before we start blaming the tools let us take a hard look at the workman and realize that the team behind IPKKND are careless cocky delusional slipshod in their attitude to the serial and just how low has the TRP got to sink before they wake up and not just smell the coffee but the stale odor of a lost golden opportunity that could have been their if only they had not taken the mass viewers and their intelligence for granted

There is a world of a difference between making a serial in a lesser channel for a niche audience  and one on a prime band for the masses and the amateurishness is really showing and they are slowly drowning in their own ineptitude How far will SP give them a life line depends on the next phase of network wars

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlJayneAmazingAmyChaituvOmNaMaSteOmSultan_Of_Swing

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arisai

Originally posted by rsood86

Well sweet heart...give some logical reason...dat how will it increases the trp...Its not like u hv asked me to jump..ill jump...and one thing more...dont u provoke me by writing such illogical words...if u hv any logical reason...then only argue...otherwise a big IGNORE from my side...  

I'm illogical? LOL

Don't ask questions you already know the answer to and also don't ask me to tell you to jump if you have no intention of doing it.

Listen, I've tried to have a reasonable, logical debate before with an illogical aunty on the forum who got overemotional, got offended by everything I said and then threatened to leave the forum. I see this going the same way so before I reduce you to tears and make you leave too, I think I'll just leave this thread.

RickyBahlji, thank you for making this post- it made some very valid points and I'm sorry it has descended into such tripe over the past few pages from people who blindly believe the sun shines out of the show's ass... and also from people like me hopelessly trying to make a brick wall see logic -_-

Dear its useless to bang head on a wall who think themslves as mahaan and supreme court Judge.
I just can say that dear these unsensible guys love those posts from which they can make fake noises to increase their excitement as Vidyabalan does in The dirty Picture.Hope u got it dear.They dont wanna face realityWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jayne

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

I have just written about the misconceptions many folks seem to have about the intelligent Indian viewers Please do add or correct if you feel anything needs to be

Part 1

TRP and Promos

I have read various posts blaming SP for the low TRP lack of promotion of the show how TRP's are manipulated how these boxes are in  houses that don't matter and sadly many of these posts are written by people living outside of India without really any actual clue what really is happening I can understand their confusion but please do not condemn the India viewers because a so called favorite show is not doing well Just because one is  obsessed with it does not mean there are conspiracy theories to make the show fail.

Let me inform all the kind and worried folks who are not privy to or conversant with Indian culture and I am not being condescending just stating a fact that is respected world wide especially by Consumer giants Indian viewers are not fools This is a nation of 1 billion plus whose biggest entertainment time pass apart from Bollywood and cricket  is the television. They are smart savvy and look for value for money for the rupees they are shelling out for their viewing pleasure

If TRP's were being manipulated then I doubt many channels would be cancelling shows or producing new ones as any way the TRP lies Each channel knows the TRP is the barometer of viewing truth they are no fools and in this battle for network ratings every entertainment channel will go for the kill even exposing false ratings if they feel their position is being threatened by a rival channel It's a nasty business even Kolaveri at times

The NDTV article was related to them questioning the veracity of Times Now News channel claiming to be No1 channel watched by all. Ad revenues are the bread and butter for such channels and that is why NDTV is suing  now if they felt the entire system was fraudulent then they would not have agreed to shut shop NDTV imagine so please understand there is a whole world of a difference in the TRP in question

"Low ratings for NDTV news channels have also led to public claims by other news channels of being the number 1 (one) channel," the broadcaster said in its petition. "This loss of hard-earned reputation and goodwill along with the damage to the profitability of NDTV as a result of low advertising revenues has in turn severely damaged the brand value of NDTV."

One can blame SP for not showing promos but can one really blame SP for their refusal to be a part of false advertising The last promo the channel released with ASR and KKG for the maha episode had absolutely no relevance or connection to the track at all and didn't many of us so called loyal viewers feel cheated over their splash promising something and delivering zilch

Taglines were shown again no connections and this has been the case from December of last year so before we start blaming the tools let us take a hard look at the workman and realize that the team behind IPKKND are careless cocky delusional slipshod in their attitude to the serial and just how low has the TRP got to sink before they wake up and not just smell the coffee but the stale odor of a lost golden opportunity that could have been their if only they had not taken the mass viewers and their intelligence for granted

There is a world of a difference between making a serial in a lesser channel for a niche audience  and one on a prime band for the masses and the amateurishness is really showing and they are slowly drowning in their own ineptitude How far will SP give them a life line depends on the next phase of network wars

Thanks Dear u have clarified things in detail so well that i dont hv anything else to say. Even i have copy pasted ur reply in ms word for any other reference if needed.
Your points were representative of a executive working for TV channel. So ppl should put this intheir heads.And my post was simply an article discussing why TRP fell. Tomorrow these ignorant class may attack the India Forums reporter who brought tRP chart accusing them of bashing IPK by putting it in bottom or  like some fundamentalist organisation they will break TAM office for showing IPK in charts below. U nver know. as i always say TRUTH hurts.
But i believe Truth always Wins despite who, whatever says.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JayneAmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

rsood86 Senior Member
rsood86
rsood86

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RickyBahl

Well sweet heart...give some logical reason...dat how will it increases the trp...Its not like u hv asked me to jump..ill jump...and one thing more...dont u provoke me by writing such illogical words...if u hv any logical reason...then only argue...otherwise a big IGNORE from my side...  

I'm illogical? LOL

Don't ask questions you already know the answer to and also don't ask me to tell you to jump if you have no intention of doing it.

Listen, I've tried to have a reasonable, logical debate before with an illogical aunty on the forum who got overemotional, got offended by everything I said and then threatened to leave the forum. I see this going the same way so before I reduce you to tears and make you leave too, I think I'll just leave this thread.

RickyBahlji, thank you for making this post- it made some very valid points and I'm sorry it has descended into such tripe over the past few pages from people who blindly believe the sun shines out of the show's ass... and also from people like me hopelessly trying to make a brick wall see logic -_-

Dear its useless to bang head on a wall who think themslves as mahaan and supreme court Judge.
I just can say that dear these unsensible guys love those posts from which they can make fake noises to increase their excitement as Vidyabalan does in The dirty Picture.Hope u got it dear.They dont wanna face realityWink
Dear...do u people really hv heads to bang on wall?? I dont think so...u n ur above so cald dadi maa hv no single logical reason to increase the trps but crying on redemption n redemption... u people r just increasing ur posts on dis crappy topic...Well now i dont hv tym n patience to spoil my mood on immature samaj ke thakedaars like u guys...Enjoy making ur crappy opinions n wait for redemption track Cry ...

Edited by rsood86 - 08 August 2012 at 1:02pm
Krishma042 Senior Member
Krishma042
Krishma042

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

Part 1

TRP and Promos

My reply to the TRP part- Kindly read this post..http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3137217#62612236

And about the maha episode promo..it in no way was misleading! It was just promoting the next track that was going to be shown..asr trying to make khushi his..and that was what was shown, maybe his ways were wrong, but it was shown that khushi left because of the contract and he tried to bring her back, exactly what the promo indicated..
And may I please know which taglines these were, that showed no connection to what was going on, just out of curiosity..

rishi_chhal

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by RickyBahl

I'm illogical? LOL

Dear...do u people really hv heads to bang on wall?? I dont think so...u n ur above so cald dadi maa hv no single logical reason to increase the trps but crying on redemption n redemption... u people r just increasing ur posts on dis crappy topic...Well now i dont hv tym n patience to spoil my mood on immature samaj ke thakedaars like u guys...Enjoy making ur crappy opinions n wait for redemption track Cry ...

frustrated fossils waiting for a ***********..thats all i can say LOL
we will keep making posts we wish, dont need ur so calld bhashan from a person who doesnt know an inch about tv industry. iam from tv production background thats why i have idea to speak on a topic not like stray animals  barking on streets without a reasonLOL

Edited by RickyBahl - 09 August 2012 at 1:08am

Maverick29

FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

I for one stopped watching the show for the past month or so. I have clearly had enough. My loyalty to a show extends only until I get value in terms of quality entertainment from it. I'm no longer getting that entertainment from IPK and would rather spend my time watching the Olympics or news.

Why did I stop watching the show-
1. I like the show initially as it had a female protagonist who is strong and takes no shit from anyone, even from the egoistic, arrogant, rich boss. Where is that strong woman now? Is this her comical twin sister?Clap

2. Plot- so many different plots, yet none of them have been concluded. What happened to redemption, what happend to Shyam and Anjali, what happened to Anjali's pregnancy?

3. Drop in acting standards- The acting standards of all the main characters have hit an all time low. The main characters are being over-worked and have a shallow script that doesn't help them.

4. No side plots- The show runs 30 mins every day only on A&K, why have they not built Akaash and Payal's story? The only side character who is worth watching is NK.

5. Regressive plots- I will not for the life of me follow a track that is based on Didi Ki Saut or Saas bahu crap. If I want to do that I would rather watch the Gopi Bau serial.

Kripa dear

Absolutely loved your reply and each point was correctly on the button I do wish the damn PH would read it and realize this is why they are failing your reply looks like a blueprint for their redemption out of the trp doldrums but does Lady Boss really care?

That you raised these points so logically well without room for argument I think was a problem for those who did not wish to have a dose of reality

Truth is always bitter and many cannot swallow it but conversely truth always prevails and they should take a hard look at it

Many a time I have realized here much to my chagrin it is no use arguing with someone who is delusional and sigh there is a huge tribe of them here who wants to believe in just what their ears and eyes want to If tomorrow IPKKND has its swan song they will still switch on the telly at 8 and believe it will come on

I often suffer fools gladly because there is absolutely no point in arguing with an idiot because they won't know when they've lost

Once again I loved not just this reply but your subsequent rebuttals Well Done!Thumbs Up

Sultan_Of_Swing

FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 3:51am | IP Logged

For those of you who did  not like what was written here and reflected that viciously in your language and demeanor in your replies I suggest that you remove your tiresome presence from this thread and inflict it on your own We shall be courteous enough not to return the favor avoiding yours like the plague Have a nice day

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlboyznakaSultan_Of_Swing

Go to top