Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Public verdict on IPK declared. (Page 14)

sanja_here IF-Rockerz
sanja_here
sanja_here

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Dnt know abt other serials...bcs i watch ipk...only...and i jst love current track...nd have high hope in cvs...they will show redemption...may be after past revealation...and now arnav will go against whole world...4his love..to khushi...its something we all wanted to see like redemption...and i m sure...with this dadi drama next week trp will increase 4 sure...and 4 me promo...has something to do with trps...and i will love to add one thing... u always post such thing... to get max responses...u love debating. ...and thats reason 4 this post i guess... Embarrassed ...and u r success full also... LOL ...we IF girls cant take any tiny thing that says our show is bad...u know...forgive me if i made unwanted remarks... Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahl

Kookiemonster IF-Sizzlerz
Kookiemonster
Kookiemonster

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Originally posted by kookie2020

I for one stopped watching the show for the past month or so. I have clearly had enough. My loyalty to a show extends only until I get value in terms of quality entertainment from it. I'm no longer getting that entertainment from IPK and would rather spend my time watching the Olympics or news.

Why did I stop watching the show-
1. I like the show initially as it had a female protagonist who is strong and takes no shit from anyone, even from the egoistic, arrogant, rich boss. Where is that strong woman now? Is this her comical twin sister?
Basantijee, This was the reason I started watching this show.
For the female protagonist, She was witty, chirpy , intelligent-well she was in her own way and took shit from no one.
This character had me hooked to the show because which woman would not want to see this kind of  a girl who would stand up against evil and bad from day 1 and would make people laugh with her antics as well.
Which woman would not be pulled towards such a strong character ?
If I wanted to see a woman cry, then I would see the Saas bahu crap that tops TRP.
This character won my heart and made me watch the show.
And now look what has happened to that character?
She has been abused by her family, tortured mentally by her forced husband and god knows what else.

2. Plot- so many different plots, yet none of them have been concluded. What happened to redemption, what happend to Shyam and Anjali, what happened to Anjali's pregnancy?

Inconsistency has been a major set back for IPKKND since the director got replaced
I think the writers only had the story figured till the hate marriage thing,after that it has just been a freaking circus with GH refusing to get off his high horse and figuring out what exactly to do.
I refuse to take those actors seriously who do not want to mold themselves according to their characters and I refuse to call DB an actress.
Forgive my harsh words but I am pissed.

3. Drop in acting standards- The acting standards of all the main characters have hit an all time low. The main characters are being over-worked and have a shallow script that doesn't help them.

The male lead looks tired and scruffy, I work with executives who head Multi Million dollar business divisions and I have seen the day that they dress.
ASR looks like a roadshow next to them.
Yes I am "bashing"  ASR , Phangurls stay out and get a life.
They need to work on the wardrobe, this is not the man that we were introduced to last year.

4. No side plots- The show runs 30 mins every day only on A&K, why have they not built Akaash and Payal's story? The only side character who is worth watching is NK.

Akash and Payal have so much potential in their story but what do they do?
Nothing.
 Akash just goes to the non existent office and Payal sits around in heavy jewelry sifting rice. 
Maamiji's character also has so many shades,she can totally give competition to this "christian Grey " man who rules the bestseller's list ,but what does she do? 
Nada.
NK well, he is the only man who is worth watching.

5. Regressive plots- I will not for the life of me follow a track that is based on Didi Ki Saut or Saas bahu crap. If I want to do that I would rather watch the Gopi Bau serial. 
You took the cake with this point.
Any self respecting, educated woman with an ounce of brain cannot watch Mopie crap.
Even my mom in law cant stand the saas bahu shit , I don't even bother with them.

agree with your point on DB. How do you expect people to take you seriously as an actor if you wont even change your appearance as per the requirements of the character?

Kushi and Mamaiji are probably the worst dressed characters in the show. Plus Kushi is one of the leads. But she continues wearing rainbow coloured outfits that is relevant to the character.

daljeet should look up to Vidya Balan for inspiration. That woman in Kahani single handedly carried the movie and that too be potraying the role of a heavily pregnant woman in loose fittting clothes.

Did the movie or role diminish Vidya's star power?

Vidya Balan is a Rockstar, Please don't even compare the two.( I know you are not, I am just saying figuratively)
It will be like comparing Alfred Hitchcock with the latest Jism 2 director.
Mami ji I can still understand, but what is wrong with Khushi?
Freaking Velvet?Those hideous dresses that look like tents?
Hats off to Sanaya who agrees to wear this kind of stuff.
The baby bump in Kahani was the major twister in the story, No one could even think that a pregnant woman could be capable of doing all the stuff.
See the power of pregnant woman ...You are :-)

Edited by kookie2020 - 08 August 2012 at 6:35am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlChaituvOmNaMaSteOmSultan_Of_Swing

Krishma042 Senior Member
Krishma042
Krishma042

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:36am | IP Logged
I repeat!! The low trps are soo not because of the lack of redemption!! I don't know how on earth you guys came to that conclusion! Did those people who have trp meters in their house come and tell u guys? How on earth can u say that people are not liking the show because some few viewers (about 7500 tv sets of the 15000 that have trp meters ) out of maybe half a million people in india or more plus the international audience are not watching..that too at 8.00, for all we know they might be watching the repeat telecast!
Someone says that do posts drooling over barun, ffs etc increase trp..i say obviously not and no one even claimed that they do!
And if people have stopped watching the show..why are they still here every single day..commenting on all the posts that critises the show? Just leave it..let those who are enjoying enjoy..those who don't want to watch..no ones forcing..I yet understand if u are watching the show and u don't like something u come and say it..but for those who are not even watching? Whats the use i ask?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rsood86sanja_herearsh_sp

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rsood86

Originally posted by _Dazzling_

TMKOC comes on 8:30,not 8:00!!
Jalebi has clearly done some good for the show,
Friday's TRP is 2.8,.3 more than the avg TRPs!!

And yeah powercut has affected almost all the shows,apart form few!!
BV-3.5(4.3)
BALH-3.7(4.8)
Huge drop not just marginal,whereas IPK's is stable!!

And I'm sure next week TRP is definitely gonna increase coz the main reason for no increase is no promo!!
So hopefully TRP is going to rise next week!!Smile

How IPK's promos have done wonders:
Diwali promo-4.0(Almost I guess)
Teri Meri promo-4.1,(It was 3.3 in the previous week and it increased by .8,not marginal)Then in the following weeks TRPs were stable 4+!!
When TM aired next week with same promo-4.3
ArHi marriage promo-4.6(As far as I remember it was highest 4.9 or 5.0 on Thursday as the promo showed ArHi will be married on that day)

ArHi reunion promo after the kidnapping-3.4(In previous week it was 2.7,.7 increase not marginal)
That's how promo works!!

Promotion is the main thing and then of course content as you can see Monday was 2.6 and Friday was 2.8 coz people knew they will get to see some good ArHi scenes!!
But If there was a promo it would have remained constant throughout the week,so natually TRPs would have been better if there was a promo!!

And you are comparing IPK with BALH,ok then be ready to see divorce,remarriage etc.!!
BALH's TRP increased coz of that little kid,the freshness she brought not because of redemption!! 

Like ur post n totally agree wid u...TM always spoil the mood of forum on every wednesday...

@TM-If u have so much problem wid the show...only one solution is dere for u...ignore it...

The TM has every right to post his or her opinion as long as it is not rude or abusive. If you have so much of a problem and want to live in denial, I suggest you ignore such threads instaed of telling others what they should or should not do.

If the TM is the only person with the problem, care to explain why the TRps are so low?

People/fangirls get frustrated with low TRPs and blame everyone and everything else ( right from lack of promotion, bashers, etc,), except for the one thing that needs to be blamed, the show itself.
 If the TM has the following rights so do i hv the same rights too...and better u dont tell me dat wat i shud ignore or nt...Look who's talking..who herself hasnt watched the show from last one month n still comes to the forum to criticize it...bravo...Clap Clap

Does it say anywhere in the forum that only people who watch the show can be a part of the forum?

For the last time, you are neither a moderator nor the owner, to tell others what they should or should not post. I gave my reasons for not watching the show.

Does it hurt you that your favourite show's TRPs are so bad and might even end prematurely?

If its hurts that bad, dont take your frustration on people in this forum.

Once again, people in thie forum have a right to post their opinion, as long as it is not abusive.

(P.s- Please try and use more smilies in your post- makes your post all the more serious and mature)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonster

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krishma042

I repeat!! The low trps are soo not because of the lack of redemption!! I don't know how on earth you guys came to that conclusion! Did those people who have trp meters in their house come and tell u guys? How on earth can u say that people are not liking the show because some few viewers (about 7500 tv sets of the 15000 that have trp meters ) out of maybe half a million people in india or more plus the international audience are not watching..that too at 8.00, for all we know they might be watching the repeat telecast!
Someone says that do posts drooling over barun, ffs etc increase trp..i say obviously not and no one even claimed that they do!
And if people have stopped watching the show..why are they still here every single day..commenting on all the posts that critises the show? Just leave it..let those who are enjoying enjoy..those who don't want to watch..no ones forcing..I yet understand if u are watching the show and u don't like something u come and say it..but for those who are not even watching? Whats the use i ask?

its my wish, where does it say in the forum that you cant post if you havent watched the show?

Now go sue me.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlChaituvOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonster

-MariaMars- IF-Sizzlerz
-MariaMars-
-MariaMars-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Sorry i disagree.. I'm not against redemption, but its not the reason for the TRPs.. I'm an ardent BALH fan.. Since u brought up BALH, i'm explaining. The TRPs were damn low when Priya was sent to jail and niharika dead and all those crap drama was going on. FYI, there was no redemption of Ram Kapoor the character coz he was not wrong at any time. He never treated his wife badly like how ASR has behaved with kushi. Yes he did feel sorry for Priya going to jail due to his brother and before he could do anything, priya met with an accident and died as per Ram. He did feel guilty, but the TRPs never went up.

The TRPS went up only post leap. Coz the leap promos were promoted so much and after leap sony is heavily relying on BALH only as its the top show for them and The main reason for BALH's TRPs is the little kid Peehu. Many ppl have started watching it for her. Even those who didn't watch it before leap have started watching. And its not few days that peehu was introduced, its been 4 weeks already that peehu was introduced and Ram-Peehu scenes and Priya-Peehu scenes are the reasons for the high TRPs. The kid is definitely a factor for the rise in TRPs. Its definitely not redemption or guilt of Ram.

Ram wants to do anything for Priya and hence they revealed that he married ayesha last week and look at the drastic drop of TRPs. Power cut, olympics, cricket might also be a reason. But many of BALH forum members quit watching it on tv after this track was revealed. There was no redemption for Ram as he never behaved like ASR with his wife.

The prob with IPK CVs are they are not able to put up right things and present a decent episode. either they go with a episode full of rabba ve's or an episode full of anjali drama or episode full of mami n so on. It shld be a mixture of everything. I agree comedy was the USP of the show, but how long can ppl tolerate the same type of comedy.

And i too want romance. But its not rabba ve's always. I don't want the fall, catch, touching, putting the hair away, wiping the face and such things again and again. They are husband and wife. I want to see heart to heart conversations between them which we've seen rarely between Arnav-Khushi. They need to behave like hubby-wife, some maturity, some fun here and there, some light romance here and there. But its either always comedy or always romance. It has to blend well.

And Promos are very important.. I don't know y they are not showing promos.. it definitely affects the ratings.. i feel 8 n 10:30 have the toughest competition. but IPK was able to beat BV, still they can do. its all upto the CVs.

I like the rootna manana which is being showed now and the dadi factor bringing out ASR's past is also good. So i hope TRPs will increase next week.

The negativity and bashing must stop. Don't be angry on GH for telling u to watch if u like it. When we spammed Sony head's TL , we got to hear even more worse things. They are also humans. Among all tensions in their life, they still take time to reply to us, we should be considerate enough. and lets not bother too much abt TRPs too. i know nowadays trps are important for shows to survive, but there are CVs n channels who are there to take care of that. our duty is to watch and enjoy, lets do that peacefully and pass on constructive criticism to the team.

Don't think redemption is the only way to increase TRPs. I hope with the current track TRPs increase. Lets hope for the best.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

monalisa1234aishu30archie_79Safi123sanja_herearsh_sp

rsood86 Senior Member
rsood86
rsood86

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by _Dazzling_

TMKOC comes on 8:30,not 8:00!!
Jalebi has clearly done some good for the show,
Friday's TRP is 2.8,.3 more than the avg TRPs!!

And yeah powercut has affected almost all the shows,apart form few!!
BV-3.5(4.3)
BALH-3.7(4.8)
Huge drop not just marginal,whereas IPK's is stable!!

And I'm sure next week TRP is definitely gonna increase coz the main reason for no increase is no promo!!
So hopefully TRP is going to rise next week!!Smile

How IPK's promos have done wonders:
Diwali promo-4.0(Almost I guess)
Teri Meri promo-4.1,(It was 3.3 in the previous week and it increased by .8,not marginal)Then in the following weeks TRPs were stable 4+!!
When TM aired next week with same promo-4.3
ArHi marriage promo-4.6(As far as I remember it was highest 4.9 or 5.0 on Thursday as the promo showed ArHi will be married on that day)

ArHi reunion promo after the kidnapping-3.4(In previous week it was 2.7,.7 increase not marginal)
That's how promo works!!

Promotion is the main thing and then of course content as you can see Monday was 2.6 and Friday was 2.8 coz people knew they will get to see some good ArHi scenes!!
But If there was a promo it would have remained constant throughout the week,so natually TRPs would have been better if there was a promo!!

And you are comparing IPK with BALH,ok then be ready to see divorce,remarriage etc.!!
BALH's TRP increased coz of that little kid,the freshness she brought not because of redemption!! 

Like ur post n totally agree wid u...TM always spoil the mood of forum on every wednesday...

@TM-If u have so much problem wid the show...only one solution is dere for u...ignore it...

The TM has every right to post his or her opinion as long as it is not rude or abusive. If you have so much of a problem and want to live in denial, I suggest you ignore such threads instaed of telling others what they should or should not do.

If the TM is the only person with the problem, care to explain why the TRps are so low?

People/fangirls get frustrated with low TRPs and blame everyone and everything else ( right from lack of promotion, bashers, etc,), except for the one thing that needs to be blamed, the show itself.
 If the TM has the following rights so do i hv the same rights too...and better u dont tell me dat wat i shud ignore or nt...Look who's talking..who herself hasnt watched the show from last one month n still comes to the forum to criticize it...bravo...Clap Clap

Does it say anywhere in the forum that only people who watch the show can be a part of the forum?

For the last time, you are neither a moderator nor the owner, to tell others what they should or should not post. I gave my reasons for not watching the show.

Does it hurt you that your favourite show's TRPs are so bad and might even end prematurely?

If its hurts that bad, dont take your frustration on people in this forum.

Once again, people in thie forum have a right to post their opinion, as long as it is not abusive.

(P.s- Please try and use more smilies in your post- makes your post all the more serious and mature)
Poor baby...its u who s taking her frustration out on others...LOL  LOL...
even its also not written anywhere in the forum dat superlative people like u give opinion to others...nobody is interested in ur so cald reasons of not watching the show...Bash every single person who s criticising ur post...Cry
u r nobody to tell dat wen show is going to end...I think u r over estimating urself...Tongue
RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanja_here

Dnt know abt other serials...bcs i watch ipk...only...and i jst love current track...nd have high hope in cvs...they will show redemption...may be after past revealation...and now arnav will go against whole world...4his love..to khushi...its something we all wanted to see like redemption...and i m sure...with this dadi drama next week trp will increase 4 sure...and 4 me promo...has something to do with trps...and i will love to add one thing... u always post such thing... to get max responses...u love debating. ...and thats reason 4 this post i guess... Embarrassed ...and u r success full also... LOL ...we IF girls cant take any tiny thing that says our show is bad...u know...forgive me if i made unwanted remarks... Big smile

Hey dear dont ask forgiveness and make me small or else i have to go for a redemption.LOL
its a fact that i had always had a stack of ist prize certificates for debate always . but honestly gaining max response isnt my goal. see some of my posts were response wasnt good. for me views is sufficient. check

my aim is that my message should reach larger people. if response more, but views less than its not good for me. i dont crave for attention honestly, devi maiyaa ki kasamm.

as i said nobody can claim to be the only lover of ipk. like parents scold their child for getting poor marks similarly ipk has got poor marks, thats why all r irked.and those wanting redemption love ipk more than anybody

and moreover i wud be sucessful if i cud convey thoughts to 4 lions .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sanja_here

Go to top