Originally posted by Naach_Basanti
I for one stopped watching the show for the past month or so. I have clearly had enough. My loyalty to a show extends only until I get value in terms of quality entertainment from it. I'm no longer getting that entertainment from IPK and would rather spend my time watching the Olympics or news.
Why did I stop watching the show-
1. I like the show initially as it had a female protagonist who is strong and takes no shit from anyone, even from the egoistic, arrogant, rich boss. Where is that strong woman now? Is this her comical twin sister?
Basantijee, This was the reason I started watching this show.
For the female protagonist, She was witty, chirpy , intelligent-well she was in her own way and took shit from no one.
This character had me hooked to the show because which woman would not want to see this kind of a girl who would stand up against evil and bad from day 1 and would make people laugh with her antics as well.
Which woman would not be pulled towards such a strong character ?
If I wanted to see a woman cry, then I would see the Saas bahu crap that tops TRP.
This character won my heart and made me watch the show.
And now look what has happened to that character?
She has been abused by her family, tortured mentally by her forced husband and god knows what else.
2. Plot- so many different plots, yet none of them have been concluded. What happened to redemption, what happend to Shyam and Anjali, what happened to Anjali's pregnancy?
Inconsistency has been a major set back for IPKKND since the director got replaced
I think the writers only had the story figured till the hate marriage thing,after that it has just been a freaking circus with GH refusing to get off his high horse and figuring out what exactly to do.
I refuse to take those actors seriously who do not want to mold themselves according to their characters and I refuse to call DB an actress.
Forgive my harsh words but I am pissed.
3. Drop in acting standards- The acting standards of all the main characters have hit an all time low. The main characters are being over-worked and have a shallow script that doesn't help them.
The male lead looks tired and scruffy, I work with executives who head Multi Million dollar business divisions and I have seen the day that they dress.
ASR looks like a roadshow next to them.
Yes I am "bashing" ASR , Phangurls stay out and get a life.
They need to work on the wardrobe, this is not the man that we were introduced to last year.
4. No side plots- The show runs 30 mins every day only on A&K, why have they not built Akaash and Payal's story? The only side character who is worth watching is NK.
Akash and Payal have so much potential in their story but what do they do?
Akash just goes to the non existent office and Payal sits around in heavy jewelry sifting rice.
Maamiji's character also has so many shades,she can totally give competition to this "christian Grey " man who rules the bestseller's list ,but what does she do?
NK well, he is the only man who is worth watching.
5. Regressive plots- I will not for the life of me follow a track that is based on Didi Ki Saut or Saas bahu crap. If I want to do that I would rather watch the Gopi Bau serial.
You took the cake with this point.
Any self respecting, educated woman with an ounce of brain cannot watch Mopie crap.
Even my mom in law cant stand the saas bahu shit , I don't even bother with them.