Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Public verdict on IPK declared. (Page 13)

Kookiemonster IF-Sizzlerz
Kookiemonster
Kookiemonster

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

I for one stopped watching the show for the past month or so. I have clearly had enough. My loyalty to a show extends only until I get value in terms of quality entertainment from it. I'm no longer getting that entertainment from IPK and would rather spend my time watching the Olympics or news.

Why did I stop watching the show-
1. I like the show initially as it had a female protagonist who is strong and takes no shit from anyone, even from the egoistic, arrogant, rich boss. Where is that strong woman now? Is this her comical twin sister?
Basantijee, This was the reason I started watching this show.
For the female protagonist, She was witty, chirpy , intelligent-well she was in her own way and took shit from no one.
This character had me hooked to the show because which woman would not want to see this kind of  a girl who would stand up against evil and bad from day 1 and would make people laugh with her antics as well.
Which woman would not be pulled towards such a strong character ?
If I wanted to see a woman cry, then I would see the Saas bahu crap that tops TRP.
This character won my heart and made me watch the show.
And now look what has happened to that character?
She has been abused by her family, tortured mentally by her forced husband and god knows what else.

2. Plot- so many different plots, yet none of them have been concluded. What happened to redemption, what happend to Shyam and Anjali, what happened to Anjali's pregnancy?

Inconsistency has been a major set back for IPKKND since the director got replaced
I think the writers only had the story figured till the hate marriage thing,after that it has just been a freaking circus with GH refusing to get off his high horse and figuring out what exactly to do.
I refuse to take those actors seriously who do not want to mold themselves according to their characters and I refuse to call DB an actress.
Forgive my harsh words but I am pissed.

3. Drop in acting standards- The acting standards of all the main characters have hit an all time low. The main characters are being over-worked and have a shallow script that doesn't help them.

The male lead looks tired and scruffy, I work with executives who head Multi Million dollar business divisions and I have seen the way that they dress.
ASR looks like a roadshow next to them.
Yes I am "bashing"  ASR , Phangurls stay out and get a life.
They need to work on the wardrobe, this is not the man that we were introduced to last year.

4. No side plots- The show runs 30 mins every day only on A&K, why have they not built Akaash and Payal's story? The only side character who is worth watching is NK.

Akash and Payal have so much potential in their story but what do they do?
Nothing.
 Akash just goes to the non existent office and Payal sits around in heavy jewelry sifting rice. 
Maamiji's character also has so many shades,she can totally give competition to this "christian Grey " man who rules the bestseller's list ,but what does she do? 
Nada.
NK well, he is the only man who is worth watching.

5. Regressive plots- I will not for the life of me follow a track that is based on Didi Ki Saut or Saas bahu crap. If I want to do that I would rather watch the Gopi Bau serial. 
You took the cake with this point.
Any self respecting, educated woman with an ounce of brain cannot watch Mopie crap.
Even my mom in law cant stand the saas bahu shit , I don't even bother with them.

Edited by kookie2020 - 08 August 2012 at 6:49am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlChaituvOmNaMaSteOmSultan_Of_Swing

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rsood86

Originally posted by Chaituv

Originally posted by _Dazzling_

TMKOC comes on 8:30,not 8:00!!
Jalebi has clearly done some good for the show,
Friday's TRP is 2.8,.3 more than the avg TRPs!!

And yeah powercut has affected almost all the shows,apart form few!!
BV-3.5(4.3)
BALH-3.7(4.8)
Huge drop not just marginal,whereas IPK's is stable!!

And I'm sure next week TRP is definitely gonna increase coz the main reason for no increase is no promo!!
So hopefully TRP is going to rise next week!!Smile

How IPK's promos have done wonders:
Diwali promo-4.0(Almost I guess)
Teri Meri promo-4.1,(It was 3.3 in the previous week and it increased by .8,not marginal)Then in the following weeks TRPs were stable 4+!!
When TM aired next week with same promo-4.3
ArHi marriage promo-4.6(As far as I remember it was highest 4.9 or 5.0 on Thursday as the promo showed ArHi will be married on that day)

ArHi reunion promo after the kidnapping-3.4(In previous week it was 2.7,.7 increase not marginal)
That's how promo works!!

Promotion is the main thing and then of course content as you can see Monday was 2.6 and Friday was 2.8 coz people knew they will get to see some good ArHi scenes!!
But If there was a promo it would have remained constant throughout the week,so natually TRPs would have been better if there was a promo!!

And you are comparing IPK with BALH,ok then be ready to see divorce,remarriage etc.!!
BALH's TRP increased coz of that little kid,the freshness she brought not because of redemption!! 

Like ur post n totally agree wid u...TM always spoil the mood of forum on every wednesday...

@TM-If u have so much problem wid the show...only one solution is dere for u...ignore it...
Ya , she should ignore , as ur ignoring this post!

Thanks for ur tips dear...But can u let me know wat u can do to improve the trps as u havent ignored such a thought provoking post...This is very much bashing...By merely criticising...wat else r u people doing over here...Such so cald thought provoking posts also spoils the mood n excitement of other forum people who came here for entertainment n change...
Can trp be increased by making such post?? If yes...then other people like me wud also join u people for criticising...
Dear she simply said wha u said and
Even i always thought what was bashing?If disagreeing with the plot is bashing then oh God then on earth everyone is bashing each other.Sometimes we dont listen and agree to what  mom says. We argue with frends, 
Then the film critics who give 2 stars to filmss like Hosefull and Raone will also be called bashers coz they didnt praise them.
For me bashing is what Aamir once told that his dog's name is SRK, When Kareena kapoor in sets of ajnabee film called Bipasha as Kaali Billi,then the SRK-SALMAN war in katrinas birthday party. Oh god i really had to lay popular examples.

Actually ppl expect an IF member to write a post like

Oh my God, iam fainting watching Arnav,  Oh god help me icant control myself,
He is so sizzling, i cant have my food today oH god iam dying with his looks. 
Barun..u r killing me, please help me recuperate, Oh,,aahh ..yummm
etc etc..
If i write such thing then i wud get the highest award in IF.

Yes such posts and TRPs' are a reflection how audience feels for the show. They cant correct themselves by going through popular demands the viewers want. A person doesnt bcom small by accepting truth and the truth is neither TRP public neither Online public at large are liking the track. 
I hope no one is media publicist of IPK here that he/she has taken charge of seeing whose mood is on or off. The forum is a reflection of our feelings at present state.
WE cant force ourselve sto be happy and looking at the people adressing this post u should realise that if 5 people out of 1000 are people who like Khushi's torture being shown, we cant help. So buddy chill, India -forums is an open lab of expressions within a criteria. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChaituvOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonster

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kookie2020

I for one stopped watching the show for the past month or so. I have clearly had enough. My loyalty to a show extends only until I get value in terms of quality entertainment from it. I'm no longer getting that entertainment from IPK and would rather spend my time watching the Olympics or news.

1. I like the show initially as it had a female protagonist who is strong and takes no shit from anyone, even from the egoistic, arrogant, rich boss. Where is that strong woman now? Is this her comical twin sister?
For the female protagonist, She was witty, chirpy , intelligent-well she was in her own way and took shit from no one.
This character had me hooked to the show because which woman would not want to see this kind of  a girl who would stand up against evil and bad from day 1 and would make people laugh with her antics as well.
If I wanted to see a woman cry, then I would see the Saas bahu crap that tops TRP.
She has been abused by her family, tortured mentally by her forced husband and god knows what else.

2. Plot- so many different plots, yet none of them have been concluded. What happened to redemption, what happend to Shyam and Anjali, what happened to Anjali's pregnancy?

Inconsistency has been a major set back for IPKKND since the director got replaced
I think the writers only had the story figured till the hate marriage thing,after that it has just been a freaking circus with GH refusing to get off his high horse and figuring out what exactly to do.
I refuse to take those actors seriously who do not want to mold themselves according to their characters and I refuse to call DB an actress.

3. Drop in acting standards- The acting standards of all the main characters have hit an all time low. The main characters are being over-worked and have a shallow script that doesn't help them.

The male lead looks tired and scruffy, I work with executives who head Multi Million dollar business divisions and I have seen the day that they dress.
They need to work on the wardrobe, this is not the man that we were introduced to last year.

4. No side plots- The show runs 30 mins every day only on A&K, why have they not built Akaash and Payal's story? The only side character who is worth watching is NK.

Nothing.
 Akash just goes to the non existent office and Payal sits around in heavy jewelry sifting rice. 
Maamiji's character also has so many shades,she can totally give competition to this "christian Grey " man who rules the bestseller's list ,but what does she do? 
Nada.

5. Regressive plots- I will not for the life of me follow a track that is based on Didi Ki Saut or Saas bahu crap. If I want to do that I would rather watch the Gopi Bau serial. 
Any self respecting, educated woman with an ounce of brain cannot watch Mopie crap.
Even my mom in law cant stand the saas bahu shit , I don't even bother with them.

Superb Kookie. Bang on.
You should be one of the Cv's .
 i was so dissapointed that once i felt like telling my journalists frends to lambast the show in their articles but i didnt do hoping something good will happen. Or else we know the power media has..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Madhatter-ChaituvOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonster

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged

The male lead looks tired and scruffy, I work with executives who head Multi Million dollar business divisions and I have seen the day that they dress.

Nothing.
Nada.

agree with your point on DB. How do you expect people to take you seriously as an actor if you wont even change your appearance as per the requirements of the character?

Kushi and Mamaiji are probably the worst dressed characters in the show. Plus Kushi is one of the leads. But she continues wearing rainbow coloured outfits that is relevant to the character.

daljeet should look up to Vidya Balan for inspiration. That woman in Kahani single handedly carried the movie and that too be potraying the role of a heavily pregnant woman in loose fittting clothes.

Did the movie or role diminish Vidya's star power?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Madhatter-monalisa1234RickyBahlChaituvKookiemonsterOmNaMaSteOm

rsood86 Senior Member
rsood86
rsood86

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:20am | IP Logged

BV-3.5(4.3)
BALH-3.7(4.8)

And I'm sure next week TRP is definitely gonna increase coz the main reason for no increase is no promo!!

Teri Meri promo-4.1,(It was 3.3 in the previous week and it increased by .8,not marginal)Then in the following weeks TRPs were stable 4+!!
ArHi marriage promo-4.6(As far as I remember it was highest 4.9 or 5.0 on Thursday as the promo showed ArHi will be married on that day)

ArHi reunion promo after the kidnapping-3.4(In previous week it was 2.7,.7 increase not marginal)
That's how promo works!!

Promotion is the main thing and then of course content as you can see Monday was 2.6 and Friday was 2.8 coz people knew they will get to see some good ArHi scenes!!
But If there was a promo it would have remained constant throughout the week,so natually TRPs would have been better if there was a promo!!

And you are comparing IPK with BALH,ok then be ready to see divorce,remarriage etc.!!
BALH's TRP increased coz of that little kid,the freshness she brought not because of redemption!! 

Like ur post n totally agree wid u...TM always spoil the mood of forum on every wednesday...

@TM-If u have so much problem wid the show...only one solution is dere for u...ignore it...

The TM has every right to post his or her opinion as long as it is not rude or abusive. If you have so much of a problem and want to live in denial, I suggest you ignore such threads instaed of telling others what they should or should not do.

If the TM is the only person with the problem, care to explain why the TRps are so low?

People/fangirls get frustrated with low TRPs and blame everyone and everything else ( right from lack of promotion, bashers, etc,), except for the one thing that needs to be blamed, the show itself.
 If the TM has the following rights so do i hv the same rights too...and better u dont tell me dat wat i shud ignore or nt...Look who's talking..who herself hasnt watched the show from last one month n still comes to the forum to criticize it...bravo...Clap Clap

Edited by rsood86 - 08 August 2012 at 6:32am
Kookiemonster IF-Sizzlerz
Kookiemonster
Kookiemonster

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RickyBahl

Nothing.
Nada.

Superb Kookie. Bang on.
You should be one of the Cv's .
 i was so dissapointed that once i felt like telling my journalists frends to lambast the show in their articles but i didnt do hoping something good will happen. Or else we know the power media has..
LOL...If only ...Let me stay back and do what I do best.
Maybe I have too much expectations from a Hindi daily soap.
I have journalist friends also but all of them are into political and crime journalism .
Media has so much power, it's all up to them , they can rule the world if they want.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahl

arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged

SaasBahu BullShit (herein referred to as SBBS) is why I have never been able to stomach any Indian drama for more than about a month or two. Or ridiculously unrealistically self-sacrificing female protagonists. I thought Khushi was different. And you know what, originally- she WAS. 

The Khushi from the first 6 months of the show would weep if she knew what she would become. When you write out what she's gone through and see the reality of it, it sounds like something from Satyamev Jayate. Only, Khushi and everyone else is reacting in EXACTLY the way shows like that tell people NOT to.

The old IPKKND would lay the foundations for tracks we had absolutely no idea they were laying which we would only realise a month later when they referred to it again and we had so many of those "OHMYGOD NO WAY THAT'S INCREDIBLE!" moments. Now... I don't even know W*F is going on. I think you're right- they have no idea what they want to do which is why what we've been getting over the past few days is Arnav DESTROYING our memories of all the beautiful past ArShi scenes by redoing them all as Naitik.

DB pisses me off too. Nia Sharma is going BALD for EHMMBH. BALD (okay, baldcap but still- she looks bald). Kushal Tandon SHAVED HIS HEAD. And she can't wear a bump? Freaking Bree Van de Kamp wore a bump... Any actress with so much as an ounce of PROFESSIONALISM would do so. But she won't. Pathetic. 

Oh Arnav. The show used to be so perfect that his shirts used to indicate the upcoming track. His SHIRT COLOUR was a spoiler. THAT is what the show used to be. Now? Now we see this shit coloured shiny monstrosity day in day out, there are petitions for him to get a haircut, he looks haggard and worn and just... he is not the man I saw on TV last August and instantly planted myself down on the sofa to see more of. 

People of his position should be well dressed, well presented and smart. Business is as much about selling yourself as it is selling your product, so the CEO of AR Designs (or Amezing Builders?) having ONE pair of shoes, ONE stank ass suit and recently ONE shirt is not believable. At all. 

Nothing.
Nada.

One of my first posts on this forum was a summary of all the reasons I love Iss Pyaar. It was long and detailed and one of the points was the necessity of every single side character. It was how they made us love each and every one of them and how every single person helped the main story progress. 

I just reread that post and... it makes me so sad that EVERY SINGLE POINT I made has been destroyed. Every one. Look http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2862903&PID=54207922&#54207922 

Doesn't it make you weep seeing everything you loved and everything which is no longer there listed out like that?

SBBS pisses off everyone in my fam except my Grandma. All the women (and quite a few of the men) in my family used to watch 'Khushi'- as they called it- precisely BECAUSE of Khushi. Now nobody does. Except me. Because I dare to hope. Though I'm beginning to realise how stupid this is- I stopped for about two/ three months during exams and missed nothing. The story hadn't progressed an INCH.

Edited by arisai - 08 August 2012 at 6:29am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOmSultan_Of_SwingKookiemonster

rsood86 Senior Member
rsood86
rsood86

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RickyBahl

Originally posted by Chaituv

BV-3.5(4.3)
BALH-3.7(4.8)

That's how promo works!!

Ya , she should ignore , as ur ignoring this post!

Thanks for ur tips dear...But can u let me know wat u can do to improve the trps as u havent ignored such a thought provoking post...This is very much bashing...By merely criticising...wat else r u people doing over here...Such so cald thought provoking posts also spoils the mood n excitement of other forum people who came here for entertainment n change...
Can trp be increased by making such post?? If yes...then other people like me wud also join u people for criticising...
Dear she simply said wha u said and
Even i always thought what was bashing?If disagreeing with the plot is bashing then oh God then on earth everyone is bashing each other.Sometimes we dont listen and agree to what  mom says. We argue with frends, 
Then the film critics who give 2 stars to filmss like Hosefull and Raone will also be called bashers coz they didnt praise them.
For me bashing is what Aamir once told that his dog's name is SRK, When Kareena kapoor in sets of ajnabee film called Bipasha as Kaali Billi,then the SRK-SALMAN war in katrinas birthday party. Oh god i really had to lay popular examples.

Actually ppl expect an IF member to write a post like

Oh my God, iam fainting watching Arnav,  Oh god help me icant control myself,
He is so sizzling, i cant have my food today oH god iam dying with his looks. 
Barun..u r killing me, please help me recuperate, Oh,,aahh ..yummm
etc etc..
If i write such thing then i wud get the highest award in IF.

Yes such posts and TRPs' are a reflection how audience feels for the show. They cant correct themselves by going through popular demands the viewers want. A person doesnt bcom small by accepting truth and the truth is neither TRP public neither Online public at large are liking the track. 
I hope no one is media publicist of IPK here that he/she has taken charge of seeing whose mood is on or off. The forum is a reflection of our feelings at present state.
WE cant force ourselve sto be happy and looking at the people adressing this post u should realise that if 5 people out of 1000 are people who like Khushi's torture being shown, we cant help. So buddy chill, India -forums is an open lab of expressions within a criteria. 
I partially agree wid u as of story line...everybody is different in choices...Some people like some track n other like something else...For me wat works doesnt means dat it will work for u too...CVs r trying dere best to click the best storyline...

Go to top