Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Public verdict on IPK declared. (Page 11)

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chaituv

Originally posted by arsh_sp

well if i should go by your saying then BALH nad BV should have been on the top but the TRP topper is a show without any redemption going on in it..its all about how you treat the drama...ok even if we think the redemption should start how the hell will it strat given a chance in the present track now they are dealing with the past just because of the demand of the fans they cant change the track and to wake up with TRPs which are manipulated hmmm...during teri meri and sangeet ASR had done a lot bad to KKGSR but the tRP increased once they were wooing each other and let me tell you there was no redemption there for all the pulling pushing scolding etc etc

im not against redemption but i think discussing it based on TRP Cry

I don't want to compare our show with other shows as it is diff frm other shows. But If u are talking abt DABH ,  which is on top of chart ,then that man Suraj never ever in his life humiliated his wife, he always respects her n loves her and they maintain some suspense n drama in that serial. 
       I thought Asr started changing his attitude towards Kushi from Sangeeth n Teri meri sequence, did I miss something? No one expected redemption track then n loved wooing yes , I completely agree, that's because then Asr is still an arrogant n ruthless business man who never beloved in love but still he when he realised  his mistakes he felt guilty , which is missing now. 
               They cannot abruptly stop the current track ,Right!  but why in the first place they didn't start the redemption track? Even now there is scope for introducing redemption track , see yestarday for the first time Asr admitted it was his fault , n he forced her for the marriage. TheY can bring out  6 month contract in front of the whole family , so Gupta ppl, Payal, nani can put some sense in his brain , n then they can start a redemption track. 
      They can't skip the redemption track! 
Clap Well put up.
I have been tired shouting accept fact-TRP went down bcoz of present track.
Closing eyes doesnt mean it has become night.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChaituvOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonster

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by elope

i ,love the show n track alot inspite of the bashing

Do you even know what bashing means. It looks like you dont, so better not to use words that you dont understand the meaning of.

the forum is going to dogs with the exploitation of the word- Bashing. This forum is no longer a forum, but an IPK fan club. Topics that even constructively criticise the show are termed as bashing.

What happened to freedom of speech and opinion?

darling, if you think we are the only ones bashing, how come the TRP's for the show is so bad? Majority of tv audience in India have given up on the show. And if the trend of putting up stupid and inconclusive plots, inconsistent characters carry on, It will soon be 'Bye Bye' to the show from Star Plus.

Infact I dont think that day is far away.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlAmazingAmyChaituvboyznaka-SI-KookiemonsterFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:32am | IP Logged
I for one stopped watching the show for the past month or so. I have clearly had enough. My loyalty to a show extends only until I get value in terms of quality entertainment from it. I'm no longer getting that entertainment from IPK and would rather spend my time watching the Olympics or news.

Why did I stop watching the show-
1. I like the show initially as it had a female protagonist who is strong and takes no shit from anyone, even from the egoistic, arrogant, rich boss. Where is that strong woman now? Is this her comical twin sister?

2. Plot- so many different plots, yet none of them have been concluded. What happened to redemption, what happend to Shyam and Anjali, what happened to Anjali's pregnancy?

3. Drop in acting standards- The acting standards of all the main characters have hit an all time low. The main characters are being over-worked and have a shallow script that doesn't help them.

4. No side plots- The show runs 30 mins every day only on A&K, why have they not built Akaash and Payal's story? The only side character who is worth watching is NK.

5. Regressive plots- I will not for the life of me follow a track that is based on Didi Ki Saut or Saas bahu crap. If I want to do that I would rather watch the Gopi Bau serial.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlAmazingAmyChaituvsree07boyznakaKookiemonsterOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Originally posted by elope

i ,love the show n track alot inspite of the bashing

Do you even know what bashing means. It looks like you dont, so better not to use words that you dont understand the meaning of.

the forum is going to dogs with the exploitation of the word- Bashing. This forum is no longer a forum, but an IPK fan club. Topics that even constructively criticise the show are termed as bashing.

What happened to freedom of speech and opinion?

darling, if you think we are the only ones bashing, how come the TRP's for the show is so bad? Majority of tv audience in India have given up on the show. And if the trend of putting up stupid and inconclusive plots, inconsistent characters carry on, It will soon be 'Bye Bye' to the show from Star Plus.

Infact I dont think that day is far away.

Clap Nailed it.
Even i always thought what was bashing?If disagreeing with the plot is bashing then oh God then on earth everyone is bashing each other.Sometimes we dont listen and agree to what  mom says. We argue with frends, 
Then the film critics who give 2 stars to filmss like Hosefull and Raone will also be called bashers coz they didnt praise them.
For me bashing is what Aamir once told that his dog's name is SRK, When Kareena kapoor in sets of ajnabee film called Bipasha as Kaali Billi,then the SRK-SALMAN war in katrinas birthday party. Oh god i really had to lay popular examples.

Actually ppl expect an IF member to write a post like

Oh my God, iam fainting watching Arnav,  Oh god help me icant control myself,
He is so sizzling, i cant have my food today oH god iam dying with his looks. 
Barun..u r killing me, please help me recuperate, Oh,,aahh ..yummm
etc etc..
If i write such thing then i wud get the highest award in IF.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyboyznakaSultan_Of_SwingKookiemonsterOmNaMaSteOm

rsood86 Senior Member
rsood86
rsood86

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Dazzling_

TMKOC comes on 8:30,not 8:00!!
Jalebi has clearly done some good for the show,
Friday's TRP is 2.8,.3 more than the avg TRPs!!

And yeah powercut has affected almost all the shows,apart form few!!
BV-3.5(4.3)
BALH-3.7(4.8)
Huge drop not just marginal,whereas IPK's is stable!!

And I'm sure next week TRP is definitely gonna increase coz the main reason for no increase is no promo!!
So hopefully TRP is going to rise next week!!Smile

How IPK's promos have done wonders:
Diwali promo-4.0(Almost I guess)
Teri Meri promo-4.1,(It was 3.3 in the previous week and it increased by .8,not marginal)Then in the following weeks TRPs were stable 4+!!
When TM aired next week with same promo-4.3
ArHi marriage promo-4.6(As far as I remember it was highest 4.9 or 5.0 on Thursday as the promo showed ArHi will be married on that day)

ArHi reunion promo after the kidnapping-3.4(In previous week it was 2.7,.7 increase not marginal)
That's how promo works!!

Promotion is the main thing and then of course content as you can see Monday was 2.6 and Friday was 2.8 coz people knew they will get to see some good ArHi scenes!!
But If there was a promo it would have remained constant throughout the week,so natually TRPs would have been better if there was a promo!!

And you are comparing IPK with BALH,ok then be ready to see divorce,remarriage etc.!!
BALH's TRP increased coz of that little kid,the freshness she brought not because of redemption!! 

Like ur post n totally agree wid u...TM always spoil the mood of forum on every wednesday...

@TM-If u have so much problem wid the show...only one solution is dere for u...ignore it...

Edited by rsood86 - 08 August 2012 at 5:40am
Chaituv IF-Rockerz
Chaituv
Chaituv

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged
One more wonderful post frm u Dear!
  We were hoping  a  redemption track to begin while  watching the long  stretched kidnapping track. But what we got,once he is back he was watching Shyam humiliating Kushi and he reacted only after Kushi begged him to do.  he started hurting her again with his words on the next night . He started black mailing her by bringing 6mnth contract ,though it's not his real intention. But  kushi doesn't know that. When Kushi left RM , he is back to his winning games n brought her back. 
     Are they not hinting for the  redemption track when he has been kidnapped, nani talking abt pital ki Bartan, he himself saying , he cannot forgive himself for hitting  her on the head  to protect frm kidnappers? Even Gul mentioned abt the track in one of her interviews! Now how did he forgave himself after knowing she is innocent all the way, n he did the biggest mistake in his life by forcing her for the marriage? 

Now Kushi , where dis she left self respect  , She is Happy with some jalebi's , Salman poster ? She is not willing to come back on the day before n now she is all happy with the gifts? I understand she loves him and she ll do anything for her loved ones. But why does she forget everything in the next minute? They don't show consistency with her character.
     I said this in some other post , writing it here.

When love exists women should forget  what self respect is.
This is how they r showing Kushi with no self respect.

Skipping redemption track is definetly effecting  the Trp's!

Edited by Chaituv - 08 August 2012 at 5:45am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlAmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmSultan_Of_SwingKookiemonster

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

I for one stopped watching the show for the past month or so. I have clearly had enough. My loyalty to a show extends only until I get value in terms of quality entertainment from it. I'm no longer getting that entertainment from IPK and would rather spend my time watching the Olympics or news.

Why did I stop watching the show-
1. I like the show initially as it had a female protagonist who is strong and takes no shit from anyone, even from the egoistic, arrogant, rich boss. Where is that strong woman now? Is this her comical twin sister?

2. Plot- so many different plots, yet none of them have been concluded. What happened to redemption, what happend to Shyam and Anjali, what happened to Anjali's pregnancy?

3. Drop in acting standards- The acting standards of all the main characters have hit an all time low. The main characters are being over-worked and have a shallow script that doesn't help them.

4. No side plots- The show runs 30 mins every day only on A&K, why have they not built Akaash and Payal's story? The only side character who is worth watching is NK.

5. Regressive plots- I will not for the life of me follow a track that is based on Didi Ki Saut or Saas bahu crap. If I want to do that I would rather watch the Gopi Bau serial.

Ur five points are hard hitting facts.
The actors are overworked and the tiredness is evident,  Earlier in 2011 if one day they showed Gupta house scenes, the other day about Arnav- anjali along with manorama, akash. I t was not always that they wud show Arshi scenes continously.
sHASHI BABUA, Garima, Buaji story was as important as the story Of raizadas .There was a balance and no one complained why threre is no ARSHI moment. The show was well distributed among all charcters.

boyznakaSultan_Of_SwingOmNaMaSteOm

Chaituv IF-Rockerz
Chaituv
Chaituv

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rsood86

Originally posted by _Dazzling_

TMKOC comes on 8:30,not 8:00!!
Jalebi has clearly done some good for the show,
Friday's TRP is 2.8,.3 more than the avg TRPs!!

And yeah powercut has affected almost all the shows,apart form few!!
BV-3.5(4.3)
BALH-3.7(4.8)
Huge drop not just marginal,whereas IPK's is stable!!

And I'm sure next week TRP is definitely gonna increase coz the main reason for no increase is no promo!!
So hopefully TRP is going to rise next week!!Smile

How IPK's promos have done wonders:
Diwali promo-4.0(Almost I guess)
Teri Meri promo-4.1,(It was 3.3 in the previous week and it increased by .8,not marginal)Then in the following weeks TRPs were stable 4+!!
When TM aired next week with same promo-4.3
ArHi marriage promo-4.6(As far as I remember it was highest 4.9 or 5.0 on Thursday as the promo showed ArHi will be married on that day)

ArHi reunion promo after the kidnapping-3.4(In previous week it was 2.7,.7 increase not marginal)
That's how promo works!!

Promotion is the main thing and then of course content as you can see Monday was 2.6 and Friday was 2.8 coz people knew they will get to see some good ArHi scenes!!
But If there was a promo it would have remained constant throughout the week,so natually TRPs would have been better if there was a promo!!

And you are comparing IPK with BALH,ok then be ready to see divorce,remarriage etc.!!
BALH's TRP increased coz of that little kid,the freshness she brought not because of redemption!! 

Like ur post n totally agree wid u...TM always spoil the mood of forum on every wednesday...

@TM-If u have so much problem wid the show...only one solution is dere for u...ignore it...
Ya , she should ignore , as ur ignoring this post!

RickyBahlOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonster

Go to top