Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashlaika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Dear Ms. Shyamala,

Well deserved praise indeed for Ankita yesterday. That scene was truly beautiful and emotional.

I mentioned somewhere in this forum last night AFTER I saw it on TV and with the benefit of subtitles that the episode was almost real and Archana's reaction was bittersweet... u could have seen the joy and the sorrow that were both a part of her at that moment.

Last night when I watched it again, I felt sad, emotional, happy for Arjun and Purvi, but bad for Archana. Those feelings could not have been evoked in us the viewers had it not been for the excellent way the characters are portrayed by the cast, and yday... even though as Jyothi said, you could have seen the happiness on Purvi's face and the gratitude and tears from Arjun... it was all Ankita.

Your analysis truly brought to life all the things we saw and felt when we saw the scene but could not express in words as adequately as you did.  Superb job!

p.s. Thanks for taking the time out to share with us. And well... Arjun got shot around Krishna Janmashtami - so maybe he was given special offerings or herbs at the hospital for such speedy recovery πŸ˜† πŸ˜†.
jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
On the flip side, Archana already is sending him back to his house...hmm.. no more tender care from Ms. Purvi M.D. (Laurie style !!)..alas...i was waiting for some scenes from them...Guess Arjun got to be fit and fancy for the engagement, Shyamla, hence the speedy recovery...😊...

Edited by jdronamraju - 11 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I wrote and IF swallowed it all :(

Shyamala, well done would merely be perfunctory for your enconium to Ankita.  It is poetry awash, disguised as prose, I praise the content as well as the medium, very well written, my friend, and that is a gross understatement.

I too loved Archu opening her arms to Purvi and later confessing to her mom about her unintended temporary indifference to Purvi's plight in her eagerness to connect with her two biological daughters.  Performance par excellence, be it subtle emoting or histrionics, she does it with panache and style.  She slips so effortlessly into the character that it is hard to tell where Ankita ends and Archana begins.

Sad too that the news about ARVI's short-lived bliss had to break yesterday.  Could they not have given us a day's respite?  Killjoys, I call them though the other word "sadistic" arises to mind.  Let us wait and watch if the fury of the fans will influence Ekta mata to toss this ridiculous story line she plans to adopt and stick with what we would like to see.
Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful post Shymala dear..At last I see a post praising Archu as well from you πŸ˜†..Pefectly written with maintaining balance between Anki n Archu and giving credit to both..Well done Shyamala dear.
You had perfectly written the due credit Anki deserves for portraying a role double her age and still able to pull it off so convincingly well and move the viewers with her emotions is a monumental task indeed.
If I am allowed I will write an essay on Anki and her performances over the past three years..
Being a old school PR/Arman fan ,I have seen how much Anki has grown as an actress.She started simple but over the three years ,the leap has been stunning.This is her very first show and to show-case such brilliance tells something about her and her talent.
Sushant and Ankita were competing and complimenting each other in that performance race that they kept racing the bar as each epi goes by.
As a Anki/Archu/Manav/Arman/Sushita/PR fan πŸ˜†,
The best came of Anki (from my POV) was when Arman lost their first child before birth (june 1st 2011 epis)..The pain and emotions emoted by both Sushant and Ankita was so intense that it was unbearable as viewers not to feel the lump in their throat.Best of Anki came again when Manav left home after the death of their unborn first child and the madness and emotions Anki portrayed,no shouting or anything just the Zombie she was was outstanding .πŸ‘β­οΈ.
And the emotions she portrayed when Manav came back (after Ashna rescued him after hit by her car) was just stunning..
This is one such intense ,I could go on and on..The fact that I am able to remember these scenes with date of epi's tells me how much I was affected by their performance which made me see it again and again.
We all are so happy that Sushant has rightly got his big BW break with Chetan Bagat and Abhishek kapoor,now its Anki's turn to move on.We so want her to move soon to a show that fits her age and personality and do something different ,experiment more as it brings the best out of her.
And of -course Anki is one the most gorgeous looking hottie in the Indian TV world right now.She looks so stunning even in crying state that it makes viewers still her in the constant non-stop crying she has to do for Archu' role .Ekta and CV's have made cry and cry and cry,yet she has made viewers still see her and get touched by her emotions due to her stunning combo of beauty+talent+personality+attitude.
She is a lethal Combo and she is going a long long way and more n more n more awards are coming her way for sure...πŸ‘πŸΌ
Proud to be a Sushita fan πŸ˜ƒ

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I watched Archana's confession to Sulochana too when my Mom was flipping channels- Ankita acted really well, and you are so right, she is one lead who looks really beautiful even when she cries, does not make weird faces and expressions. :D

Beautiful write up, and good job by Ankita yesterday, judging by whatever little I saw.
LuvSSever thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kalapi

Shyamala,

I agree, Ankita can pull of any scene convincingly. Not sure if you or anyone in the forum remember, there was an episode where she finally gets rejected by Manav, walks out in the rain'falls on the ground (or something like that)'her heartbreak at that point was palpable, touching and intense'and then walks up, goes and accept Jaywant Rane's marriage proposal'I, even to this day remember that episode'it was one of the finest acting of her in my POV'..

Hai  Topic Starter πŸ˜Š,

Thanks for the topic.  Finally my resolution got little shaken up.😳. I had the resolution that I shouldnt watch PR on any medium. But
I watched the last part after reading much about it.😳  πŸ˜ƒ

Really Ankita pulled it off.  The character archu couldnt have been portrayed so convincingly by any other rather than ankita.

Actually Anki is one reason or may be the only reason I still hold on to archu and expect something from that character. As many may Know I was a fan of archu but Later wasn't ok with her actions or the way her character is portrayed.

If not for ankita's acting, I would had been on the side who would hate Archu's actions.

Its Anki and her acting that makes me still stick to archu and adore archu  at times.

Actually whatever may be the precondition or post condition after archu's talk with her mom, ignoring it, the way Anki enacted that scene ofcourse pulled the strings. It was so convincing.
Anki  has really grown well in these years from her beginning considered and she has mastered too now.

Really she deserves a applause for that scene.πŸ‘  πŸ‘.
as said by all, she did Looked beautiful πŸ˜Š even in that crying , so tired situation emotional scene.

Kalapi Di πŸ˜Š,

I remember that scene Di and it was one of my fav scenes when Anki as archu is considered.
I still remember Kool di's Commentary on that. I was busy with something that I missed the episode. I think I was on the way to hometown in Bus. Read Kool di's commentary in Mobile and then came to Know.

Kool di as written it so well ,that the writing of it, the narration of her about that scene and archu only has brought tears in my eyes. I could visualize archu's state ,may be how Anki would had done it with Kool Di's writing only.

Then in mobile only I watched it net and I should say it was as you said the Finest one of anki among all scenes and one of the Best.
And i had watched it many times.

The way she asked for jayawants's approval with so much dignity, the way she said thanks and came back heartbroken and then calling Manav, Crying, with cringing tears, telling like a Kids to him, How do you want me too, just the same way I did.

Its just brought tears, a wonderful acting there by Ankita. πŸ‘.

i remember the date too. It was september 2nd. πŸ˜³  πŸ˜ƒ.
i remember it not because it was one of my fav, its also that I went home for my parents  anniversary which is on sep 1. so I remember it exactly.

Here is the link too as I have it in my laptop only. if anyone wish to can see. πŸ˜Š
It contains from shravani's confrontation of archu to jayawant's house visit  till manav's meeting

http://www.domainblocked.com/media/video.php?id=261995

Type up---bulk without the '---' in place of domainblocked.😊

One more link that contains the Last part of ARMAn meeting alone.

http://magni.aapkatv.info/daily.php?code=xeo38r

Edited by umayal - 11 years ago
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Kalapi Di  ,

I remember that scene Di and it was one of my fav scenes when Anki as archu is considered.

I still remember Kool di's Commentary on that. I was busy with something that I missed the episode. I think I was on the way to hometown in Bus. Read Kool di's commentary in Mobile and then came to Know.

Kool di as written it so well ,that the writing of it, the narration of her about that scene and archu only has brought tears in my eyes. I could visualize archu's state ,may be how Anki would had done it with Kool Di's writing only.

Then in mobile only I watched it net and I should say it was as you said the Finest one of anki among all scenes and one of the Best.

The way she asked for jayawants's approval with so much dignity, the way she said thanks and came back heartbroken and then calling Manav, Crying, with cringing tears, telling like a Kids to him, How do you want me too, just the same way I did.

Its just brought tears, a wonderful acting there by Ankita.  .

i remember the date too. It was september 2nd.     .

i remember it not because it was one of my fav, its also that I went home for my parents  anniversary which is on sep 1. so I remember it exactly.

Here is the link too as I have it in my laptop only. if anyone wish to can see. 

Sweet Umi😊, thanks for the link…yes, I remember Kool's commentary of the episode too. I never re-watched any of PR episodes (really don't see much worth in watching it twice)…there are only few movies that I have re-watched (only to see if my opinion changed regarding the movies with time, although have re-read quite a few books)…but even now, I remember that particular episode (and I watched it only once) for her heartbreaking superb acting, I thought that particular episode and Anki's acting was simply fantabulous. I have watched her from the beginning of PR itself and she truly has grown and matured as an actress and as someone here already said before, she even manages to look beautiful while doing all that crying…that is some achievement by itself…

LuvSSever thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kalapi

Kalapi Di  ,

Its just brought tears, a wonderful acting there by Ankita.  .

i remember the date too. It was september 2nd.     .

Here is the link too as I have it in my laptop only. if anyone wish to can see. 

Sweet Umi😊, thanks for the link'yes, I remember Kool's commentary of the episode too. I never re-watched any of PR episodes (really don't see much worth in watching it twice)'there are only few movies that I have re-watched (only to see if my opinion changed regarding the movies with time, although have re-read quite a few books)'but even now, I remember that particular episode (and I watched it only once) for her heartbreaking superb acting, I thought that particular episode and Anki's acting was simply fantabulous. I have watched her from the beginning of PR itself and she truly has grown and matured as an actress and as someone here already said before, she even manages to look beautiful while doing all that crying'that is some achievement by itself'

Di,

i watch some of my fav, either be it Pr scenes or Movies ,i do watch it multiple times.
Even my friends or Mom , brother used to ask 
what is there new in it as you had already watched.😳
But if I feel like watching it, i would do it.😳

If watching only is like that, then should I say for reading. I have read multiple times the parts I like. be it a book, novel or anything.

Totally agree with You on Anki.

I was about to write the same and just edited my previous post with the below lines and came then ,Saw your post.

Really she deserves a applause for that scene.πŸ‘  πŸ‘. (Be it sep 2nd or yesterday's one)
as said by most, she did Looked beautiful πŸ˜Š even in that crying , so tired situation, emotional scene.'

Yes ,if we watch initial epi's we could make out how as a actress she has grown up. Really good and appreciable on her part. 

Yes she did Manage to look good even in that atmost crying scenes,
And am I sounding weird i dont know, As  archu, she was always beautiful in the most pathetic crying scenes, when she portray the sole victim. 
Maybe thats the reason why archu's tears bring good Trps...πŸ˜†. Anki looks too good in it na.
Makes one fall for it.

As archu,i love her in those simple, elegant outfits, be it the salwars she used to wear in the beginning or the simple Caftan or the Simple cotton sarees she wore, may be after second marriage, or may be the blue one she wore yesterday,
as  archu ,she simply looks the best in those.

With less makeup ,she does look gorgeous for me rather than the heavier one. 

Edited by umayal - 11 years ago
mandy321 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Dear Shyamala ji, 

Like always I can chew and chew your words. I love every bit of it. If your words are like cuisines yours will be my favorite of all. Thank you for writing that post even though you are busy. You really care for us:) 

I never was a fan of her constant tears, high pitched melodrama, always thought was OTT, but have always liked her restrained acting...like the way she watches Arjun paying in the hospital, watches him walk away silently, watches Purvi's anguish when they are waiting for Arjun...She is very good at that... She can speak volumes with just an expression and her eyes. I dont know why she doesnt stick to this style of acting much. I wish she did.
But, I am probably in a minority as high drama and OTT acting is what is needed in day time dramas and people watch it for that. ( I also like what Jyoti had written)

I echo the same thing. 

You are such an asset here. 

Love,
Mandy
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Another Awesome write-up, Shyamala.πŸ‘πŸΌ
In praise of Archana, you wrote exactly what I too saw. Nothing more, nothing less.

All that I wanted to say was already said by Jyothi and very succinctly by Laurie. Ditto!