Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Dictionaries for all, Free Dictionaries for all!

.Kiran. IF-Sizzlerz
.Kiran.
.Kiran.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

Hello everyone. Kiran here along with Raina (dmgloverforever ).

Hey all *waves*. So you guys must be wondering what triggered our benevolence to a point where we're ready to give out free dictionaries. Well, don't smother your brains with inane thoughts, neither of us won a Mega Million lotterey or got hit in the head. In fact the mere use of the word "Bashing", the 7 letter word, forced us to leave our greedy ways and spread knowledge.

Ahan. The over use of the term" bashing" in this forum has forced us [ me & my friend Raina] to make this topic. And Thanks to that overuse, the term has lost its actual meaning.

In this forum if someone doesn't agree with someone people call it "bashing." If someone's just stating their disappointment people name it "bashing" or "negative" posts. What does bashing actually mean?  Care to enlighten us Raina?

I'd love to Kiran.

Well, If these "people" that you're referring to here, actually go through the trouble of opening up a dictionary (which we'll provide them) & look up the word "bashing". They'll discover, much to their surprise, that the authentic meaning of this widely used or rather misused term is "verbal abuse, as of a group or a nation" -gasps-

Right. Also "bashing" means To beat or assault severely, Severe criticism.

However, this forum thinks stating disappointment, criticizing actors, not adding comments about hot-wa is "bashing." 

Tell me about it, I've been called a basher (Not just once but at various occasions) for condemning ASR's rather strange redeeming ways. Which brings us to another popular word amongst our forumwasis, "Redemption".

Ohh, that one's my favorite. If someone wants to see redemption track, people just assume that they want Arnav to cry, become a "devdas" or beg for forgiveness. 

Whereas Redemption actually means redeeming yourself and redeeming means  "Do something that compensates for poor past performance or behavior. "

Hear Hear, Time to open them dictionaries again!

(Hehe) Arnav doesn't have to become a "devdas" or hurt himself. By redemption meaning him owning up to his mistakes and apologizing to her, by loving her, respecting her, making sure he doesn't do the same mistakes again and fulfilling her dreams. 

True that, just say a simple sorry man! What are all the twisted negative games about?

You did not just say 'negative".

Uh-oh. Did I reopen an old wound?

Sadly, Yes. Every time someone states their disappointment, dislike, disagreement people call it a "negative" post and ask 'em to stop the negativity. My question is why? THIS IS A FORUM. Everyone has the right to express their opinions. This forum is active because of both positive and "negative" posts. If a person does not like something or is disappointed they have every right to express it. I remember I made a post "Isn't it enough already?" and one member told me to stop the negativity and enjoy the show. Why? This is A FORUM and we have every right to express our opinions just like other people who express their love for the show, drool over hot-wa etc. Just because we don't unnecessarily drool over him does not mean we don't love him, we are making negative posts or "bashing" the show or the actors. All these words have lost their meaning because of the overuse and misuse of terms. 

And that's why my friend, We're in a desperate need of dictionaries, So these words can retrieve their lost meaning.

So everyone, Grab a dictionary and get searching & while you're at it look up the word rant too :P

Edited by ..Kirann.. - 07 August 2012 at 8:52pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

luvipkknd4evermaliEmerald-thechaigirl.anishaa.CDloveStormChaserSeerialLoopsTiyaliSaJanLuv14curledupRockerchickbtrTia.0

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
First post! Res ;)

Personally, I feel like "bashing" is overused too.

It's okay if someone doesn't agree with your post and states it. As long as they state it in a non-derogatory manner, I don't see what the problem is.
Just because some members express their dissatisfaction at the current track or episode doesn't immediately qualify it as bashing. We jump to conclusions too quickly and tend to only consider "positive" opinions. Well, that's not fair.

Let's agree to disagree. And let's allow others to express their thoughts without labeling them as bashers.

Edited by LOLAnisha - 07 August 2012 at 9:19pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rainaMStormChaser.Kiran.

innocentgreen Goldie
innocentgreen
innocentgreen

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
thanks 4 the dictionaries. Clap 4 your  search but whenever i come across a word which i found difficult to understand , i open a new tab and google down the word, it helps a lot . u get the meaning right away. no need to go through several pages of a dictionary.i think 4 a sarcastic post ,u need a sarcastic reply.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

enakat.Kiran.

coolmausam Goldie
coolmausam
coolmausam

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged

Hehehe  I use a Tab Dictionary not Book dictionary
Here is my tab dictionary Hug
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

hehehe 

rainaM.Kiran.

.Kiran. IF-Sizzlerz
.Kiran.
.Kiran.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by innocentgreen

thanks 4 the dictionaries. Clap 4 your  search but whenever i come across a word which i found difficult to understand , i open a new tab and google down the word, it helps a lot . u get the meaning right away. no need to go through several pages of a dictionary.i think 4 a sarcastic post ,u need a sarcastic reply.

NO problem:) & Oh that's one another great option. Thanks for letting us know about that. Will definitely include in that option next time. Thank you for your sarcastic reply.

Edited by ..Kirann.. - 07 August 2012 at 9:09pm
.Kiran. IF-Sizzlerz
.Kiran.
.Kiran.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolmausam

Hehehe  I use a Tab Dictionary not Book dictionary
Here is my tab dictionary Hug
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

hehehe 
hehe Thank You.Hug I guess we should include that as an option too;) 

rainaMcoolmausam

rainaM Goldie
rainaM
rainaM

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ..Kirann..

Originally posted by innocentgreen

NO problem:) & Oh that's one another great option. Thanks for letting us know about that. Will definitely include in that option next time. Thank you for your sarcastic reply.

@ inocentgreen: Well, Good for you :) 

Any search engine that tells one the difference between "Bashing" and "criticizing"  ,  " Redeeming"  and "Being Desperate" & the rest of its kind, works for us ;) & like Kiran said, Thanks for your very sarcastic reply. We really appreciate it .

Edited by dmgloverforever - 07 August 2012 at 9:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Kiran.

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
edited my post ^ :)

rainaM.Kiran.

Go to top