A new trend of "heroes"

4ever4love thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Hi everyone.  I am new.  My name's Julie and I am a big fan of Drashti and the show, Madhubala.  I thought it was time to start posting my thoughts and ideas so here goes: 

I vaguely recall a time when the "hero" of our Indian soaps used to be a good guy.

I remember my mom adored a character named "Mir" from Saas Kabhie Bahu Thi.  He was the perfect son, perfect grandson, perfect brother, perfect human being, perfect everything.   And therefore he was "good enough" for our equally perfect "heroine."  Back then, every soap opera had a "Mir" and every real life mother adored him and wanted someone like that for their daughter. 

The hero could waver from the right path now and then but he always found his way and made a wonderful comeback and therefore saving the family izzat or whatever. 

So we had the good hero, the good heroine, the villain(s), the vamps and that was our 30 minutes a day.  πŸ‘

Now, we have male characters like RK, Arnab (IPKKND), Krishna (Pratigya) and of course (my) Maan Singh Khurana.  Egotistical.  Arrogant.  Super hot (sorry, my bad.  But it's true). πŸ˜†

Now at least Mann Singh Khurana's character got "toned" down some.  His arrogance and attitude was eventually mellowed.  And even his "junoon", Geet, was shown as an overprotective love/husband. 

Same with Krishna.  I have to admit to being shocked to Krishna's character when I went back to catch up on the old episodes.  I was like "this is a hero"?????? 

Arnav's character is still full of ego and arrogance but eventually the writer's manage to show a human side to him. 

Now we have RK.  Ruthless.  Cold. I will even call him evil.  He has no conscience.  He maligned a girl's reputation with no hesitation.  He did not spare anyone in the girl's family.  He went in for the kill and stands proud of his accomplishments.  And he wants more.  I am actually scared for the character of Madhu.  God only knows (well the CV's only know) what will happen to her after the marriage.  

So these new trends ... why do so many of us like the bad boys instead of hating them?  Do we miss the chocolate sweet good boys from long time ago?  Are we hoping these bad boys will transform into the chocolate good boys after finding "true love"? 

I personally would not want RK to be all good.  To Madhu and her family:  YES absolutely be good (a little naughty with Madhu would be nice too – sorry again, that's my evil twin). 😳 

Back to RK.  In the future, I would want RK to be Madhu's equal but when he needs to be nasty – to protect Madhu – I say Bring it On.  (soon I hope, there is so much my heart and Madhu's can take)  

What are your thoughts to this trend of new heroes? 

And could you ever accept a heroine to be like this?  For example, what if Madhu's character was as cold and ruthless absolutely just like RK?   Could you accept this? πŸ˜²

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBoyWhoLived thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I love this new trend of heroes...I find it really boring if all the heroes and heroines are all sugary sweet...too much sweet causes diabetesπŸ˜†...And yes I would be able to accept an equally ruthless and cold MB but I don't think the indian audience would be able to...they prefer if the bahus are all sati savitris and pativata patnis...Nice post btw πŸ˜Š
4ever4love thumbnail
[QUOTE=CradleToGrave but I don't think the indian audience would be able to...they prefer if the bahus are all sati savitris and pativata patnis...Nice post btw πŸ˜Š[/QUOTE]

very tru.  I cannot think of one "bad" heroine.  All of the heroines portray themselves as "good girls."  

even though some of the new female characters are divorced, separated or widowed, it is shown that 1.  they are not at fault, and they are still honorable and strong woman.  
NinnzGm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I guess I liked the trend but I don't think that they should use this type of character in every single show..
I adored MSK and that's pretty much the only " bad boy" character that I loved  (GC handled it perfectly)..
Now I think it's going to far and ...
I know that the people in this forum loves Rk but how can you love a ruthless and cruel person like him??

either it's the perfect man (Mir) or the bad boy (Rk)..
I want to see something different now something beyond these 2 types of heroes/ men
Sandy-Naz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NinnzGurti

I guess I liked the trend but I don't think that they should use this type of character in every single show..
I adored MSK and that's pretty much the only " bad boy" character that I loved  (GC handled it perfectly)..
Now I think it's going to far and ...
I know that the people in this forum loves Rk but how can you love a ruthless and cruel person like him??

either it's the perfect man (Mir) or the bad boy (Rk)..
I want to see something different now something beyond these 2 types of heroes/ men

agree with you..i love Mann singh khurana sooo much..GHSP end bt my love for Geet and Maan increase day by day..i think this trend is unique and people like it so much especially girls.bt i donot want to see these type of heroes in all serials.i really adore Msk,he was hard for the world bt soft for his lady and can do every thing for her..i think it was balanced character.no one could hate him.πŸ€—
NinnzGm thumbnail

Originally posted by: sundasnaz

agree with you..i love Mann singh khurana sooo much..GHSP end bt my love for Geet and Maan increase day by day..i think this trend is unique and people like it so much especially girls.bt i donot want to see these type of heroes in all serials.i really adore Msk,he was hard for the world bt soft for his lady and can do every thing for her..i think it was balanced character.no one could hate him.πŸ€—

Msk wasn't cruel..he had been through a lot of things that made him the way he was..he had a hard time trusting people but he had a good heart!
like his dadi said "narial ke tarhan hai, bahir se sakht andar se naram"..
But RK is plain cruel,he is playing with the whole families izat just because he wants revenge..
the things he has done is unforgivable I don't know how madhubala will ever be able to forgive him?
Arnav90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I am happy wd the new trend...
Radhajee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well, this promotes that being bad, cold and having attitude is now a hero quality and our young generation gets influence from it, for them it is being cool...which is totally leading our society to wrong side...

although it is fun to watch  the evil RK but the negative impacts his character and other heroes like him have are devastating...no wonder nowadays youngster are losing their manners, values and morals :)
4ever4love thumbnail
Maan Singh Khurana was one of a kind.  I still can't get through the day without watching an episode of Geet.  β€οΈ

RK - I need him to show a human side SOON.  It is sending a negative message to everyone.  But I do not think the writers will do this soon.  

I can only hope Madhu gives RK a hard time.  
TheGreenArrow thumbnail
Well MSK n GSK are also ma fav but it ended so now RK n Madhu Rocksss, This new trend is good...