Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:A defining moment! (Page 26)

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -monalisa-

Originally posted by docgirl

Regret, Apology, Penance? Do we really any of those or a separate track for any of those? With every choice he makes, every action he takes isn't Arnav showing us all three? More importantly he's showing us something that makes all three count for something. He's showing us a desire and an intent to right the  wrongs.

I do know that not everyone shares this view but talk is cheap. If we can't infer motive, goals and emotions from actions, then we're not looking hard or carefully. With due apology to Helen Keller for mauling her words - The most important things in the world cannot always be seen, heard or even touched, they must be felt with the heart AND be demonstrated unequivocally through choice. 

Yes, yes, yes, doc!  Point dutifully taken!  Awesome post Big smile

I'm beginning to sound like a stuck record on this one... plus lots of people have made this point so no more, I think! Tongue

Vaisey, Mona Darrling you found the talkwa a bit lacking? Too little, too late? Caught up with your version of the Take 5... loved it! Big smile . I did like the feet touching and the hug. Whatever their issues with each other, there's respect and love and that over rides all else! 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630mitthoojoenet1234premparbatsoapsudsDiyaSipkbsNewbiesoapfanPr1yanka

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged

Ratna, I think somewhere we feel that ASR (aka CVs) ka koi bharosa nahin.  They'll show us this "biwi ke liye" stuff and then he'll turn around and say something horribly hurtful.  If they hadn't given us "Why did you ever come into my life, it's all your fault, Khushi?" not 24 hours after "vishwas by peering into her eyes", then we wouldn't be so antsy.  If the hateful words can roll off the tongue so easily,  why not the regretful ones?  I'm not looking for a redemption track, more like a 30 second monologue.  

But Mona Darrling if we have the rather lovely SKD wala dialogue Joey just gave us and THEN he blames Khushi again for Di's travails, how will that be any better? The point is not the words... the point is he shouldn't blame Khushi ever again! And I said I wouldn't make the talk is cheap argument again!!!  D'oh

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2meens80joenet1234mitthoo-monalisa--Vee05-ipkbs

Rag1ni IF-Dazzler
Rag1ni
Rag1ni

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Hey @docgirl, just a quick note to say whatay fabulous post. Have a quiz on Post-Modernism (aka how my education does pitiful little to prepare me for the real world) in a bit, so channelling my inner nerd and doing some last minute cramming. Mom wasn't around to give me good luck walla dahi-cheeni and I am feeling super vexed. And here I am complaining about Daadiji being from the Stone Ages. Hate it when a TV soap holds up a mirror to me :) On days like this, you don't care about TRPs. Perspective, is indeed everything. Now before Ragini gets into depressive fatalism, milte hain.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2ashwink630meens80mitthoojoenet1234--Sari---monalisa-showstruckPr1yankaipkbs-Vee05-

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

Regret, Apology, Penance? Do we really any of those or a separate track for any of those? With every choice he makes, every action he takes isn't Arnav showing us all three? More importantly he's showing us something that makes all three count for something. He's showing us a desire and an intent to right the  wrongs.

I do know that not everyone shares this view but talk is cheap. If we can't infer motive, goals and emotions from actions, then we're not looking hard or carefully. With due apology to Helen Keller for mauling her words - The most important things in the world cannot always be seen, heard or even touched, they must be felt with the heart AND be demonstrated unequivocally through choice. 

I'm beginning to sound like a stuck record on this one... plus lots of people have made this point so no more, I think! Tongue

Vaisey, Mona Darrling you found the talkwa a bit lacking? Too little, too late? Caught up with your version of the Take 5... loved it! Big smile . I did like the feet touching and the hug. Whatever their issues with each other, there's respect and love and that over rides all else! 
Sheila I am with u on this show rather than tell philosophy...Hug
haven't read anything yet except for the first couple of posts...too much to do...so better make myself scarce before I get sucked into the hangout which I am already finding too hard to resist...hai ri Asli Duniya...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mitthoodocgirlshowstruck-monalisa-Pr1yankaipkbs

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

Hey @docgirl, just a quick note to say whatay fabulous post. Have a quiz on Post-Modernism (aka how my education does pitiful little to prepare me for the real world) in a bit, so channelling my inner nerd and doing some last minute cramming. Mom wasn't around to give me good luck walla dahi-cheeni and I am feeling super vexed. And here I am complaining about Daadiji being from the Stone Ages. Hate it when a TV soap holds up a mirror to me :) On days like this, you don't care about TRPs. Perspective, is indeed everything. Now before Ragini gets into depressive fatalism, milte hain.

good luck!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mitthooshowstruck-monalisa-soapsuds

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

Good luck. Here is virtual Dahi CheeniBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mitthoo-monalisa-

-monalisa- IF-Rockerz
-monalisa-
-monalisa-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

Bilkul nahin, no stuck record at all!  I was merely complimenting you on the wonderful words you use to get your point across.  Please continue to try to convince the likes of me Tongue

Take 5???? Yeh aapne kya keh diya, doc?  Hamari itni jurrat? Shocked

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Newbiesoapfan

mitthoo IF-Dazzler
mitthoo
mitthoo

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Hiya all Big smile

Aaj ke episode mein.. Humne bahut saari baatein notice kari...  .

ASR and Dadi -  share...
  1. same glare
  2. bad shoe wear
  3. long unblinking stare
  4. intimidating those who dare,
  5. weird ways to show when they care
  6.  arrogance with a lot of flair

Abhi itna hi Big smile  

Dim-dim-dimmy-dohD'oh  stopped by to say a quick Hi Smile.. on my way to redux..

5 min wait karo..mein 15 min mein aayi LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99howcome-monalisa--Vee05-Pr1yanka

Go to top