Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:A defining moment! (Page 12)

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

So first things first - a nice round of applause to the the entire team, in front of and behind the camera for a gripping episode. It was well written, superbly acted and well executed. ClapClap

Two special shout outs - the first to the directorial and editing team. All too often the show struggles with pace, the action either feels too rushed or too slow. Today it was perfectly paced. The second shout out is to Swati Chitnis. She's come in and made everyone around her better. When an actor in command of the craft steps on the sets, everyone else is forced to up their game and today that happened. Star

The big dramatic scene between daadi and Arnav was where the spotlight was meant to be and it was a great scene, but my favorite scene from today was between Khushi and Arnav. I saw the deepening of the relationship in such a meaningful way that it thrilled me. Heart

Arnav grew into his shoes as as a husband. "It is not your fault. I don't for a moment want you to blame yourself".  Reassurance where his wife is most vulnerable. She plays the blame game, only the blame she heaps is on herself. NOT anymore! He will take the fall, because it is only right. Clap
 No words necessary, they're simply living as husband and wife --- in all ways but one which is utterly baffling, but I won't go there!  

@doc great post…totally agree with what u wrote abt swati chitnis…what a performer!
@bold both of them r so cute as proper husband n wife…hai na…wedding again will be a time waste…they have anyways symbolically done every rasm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

purplenpink-Maggie-docgirlipkbs-Vee05-

purplenpink Goldie
purplenpink
purplenpink

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:48pm | IP Logged

Rabba Ve lovely ladies! An absolute crackerjack of an epi on Tuesday helping mangalwaar retain it's reputation as the day when IPK most consistently delivers.

Some days the CVs get it all perfectly right- the sequences, the transition from one scene to the other, the tone i.e. everything. This was one such epi and the ensemble cast performed brilliantlyClap Dadi and Arnav were stupendous and this is one BS should remember as one of his finestStar Loved the understated tone through all the confrontations- no jarring use of bg or unnecessary close shots of all characters.

ASR is certainly a chip off the old block though Nani's upbringing has given him her sense of righteousness. Khushi's love has transformed him; will it also transform Dadi- we sure hope so and that transition will be a pleasure to watch.

Loved the first scene where Nani introduces the 2 new entrants to the Malik-Raizada clan. The look of love and pride on Arnav's face as Nani introduces K swiftly changing to anger and hurt when Dadi does not give her blessings- beautifully done. Dadi's indifference for Payal but an instant dislike for Khushi- also well performed.

The conversation of the two grandmas was brilliant as Nani alternated between a plea for Dadi to understand and accept that a lot of water has flown under the bridge since that incident to asking her some valid questions about abandoning her kin when they most needed her. Ah but Dadi is a strong personality who does not relent- she expects answers and an explanation for everything that seemingly did not go well with the siblings.

The Arhi scene - both staying true to character. Khushi troubled about Dadi's reaction to her, thinks perhaps she is to blame. An introspecting Arnav doesn't immediately respond but her tears have always been his undoing. And today he quietly but unequivocally admits his fault in that hasty wedding absolving her of any wrong-doing. As Arnav gives Khushi a quick summary of Dadi's personality, it's almost as if he's describing himself. Khushi realizes there is a lot to this man she doesn't know and the process of discovery is only just starting; leave it to her to leave no stone unturned in unraveling more.

Dadi and Arnav confrontation was arguably the best sequence of the epi as two strong-willed personalities finally clashed with Nani as the mediator and supporter. Finally someone who demands answers from the bitua and is not going to be quietened easily. She's not his father's amma for nothing. Arnav continues to be respectful but firm- no mention of Dad in this house and no, he is not like him. Bas bol diya.

The gloves are off and no one is backing off; enter Khushi who unintentionally takes the conflict one step further. Arnav supports her as a proud Nani looks on and a momentarily stupefied Khushi gazes with dawning respect and unlimited love. Sheer brilliance!StarClap

And with these sequences, the need for an RTR or re-marriage has been beautifully quashed me thinks.

The suspense continues on what did happen that fateful night that led to so much upheaval in everyone's life and forced Dadi to seek shelter in an Ashram. The siblings probably reminded her of that incident so much that she didn't return until now. So what has changed now? Questions about the past and present that will be answered hopefully over the next days as the PH recruits new members to the cast.

Finally we have a track that is a true parallel to the Arhi love story and some day these two tracks will meet.  

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99-Maggie--Pallavi-docgirlmeens80joenet1234howcomeN112soapsudspremparbatshowstruck-Vee05-ipkbs

N112 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-docgirlmeens80joenet1234-monalisa-soapsuds--Sari---Vee05-ipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:50pm | IP Logged

Rabba Ve Masala Ladkis  Hug

Money shot Tuesday delivered BIG time! To think when I signed off last night I'd hoped for magic and pagalpan. Big smile  We got neither... but we got better. We got a taut and engrossing 20 minutes of drama. It's the first time in a long time that the morance played second fiddle to the drama and I didn't miss it one bit. 

The back isstory is unfurling slowly and every epi throws up more kostins than it answers. "Woh Aurath", we're hearing about so often now that surely we're going to see another new pivotal character soon. For all the clues and kostins, I'm enjoying watching things unfold one epi at time, without leaping ahead or making predictions. 

So first things first - a nice round of applause to the the entire team, in front of and behind the camera for a gripping episode. It was well written, superbly acted and well executed. ClapClap

Two special shout outs - the first to the directorial and editing team. All too often the show struggles with pace, the action either feels too rushed or too slow. Today it was perfectly paced. The second shout out is to Swati Chitnis. She's come in and made everyone around her better. When an actor in command of the craft steps on the sets, everyone else is forced to up their game and today that happened. Star

The big dramatic scene between daadi and Arnav was where the spotlight was meant to be and it was a great scene, but my favorite scene from today was between Khushi and Arnav. I saw the deepening of the relationship in such a meaningful way that it thrilled me. Heart

Arnav grew into his shoes as as a husband. "It is not your fault. I don't for a moment want you to blame yourself".  Reassurance where his wife is most vulnerable. She plays the blame game, only the blame she heaps is on herself. NOT anymore! He will take the fall, because it is only right. Clap

What contract shaadi? I wanted the full 8 days of wooing because it is sooo fun but if they said no more about it and just settled into life as Mrs and Mr. Raizada, it would feel RIGHT! No words necessary, they're simply living as husband and wife --- in all ways but one which is utterly baffling, but I won't go there! Wink  If after all this they need any kind of wedding, private or public, I'm reading this relationship all wrong. Yes, the world outside may need it so he will likely give it to her.

Love, respect, trust... but also a willingness to recognize and protect his wife's deepest vulnerability - her self blame habit. The next step ought to be his willingness to be vulnerable to his wife and let her provide strength and succor. She is eager to do just that.  

They've both struggled mightily with it. Two strong independent people who've shouldered burdens for others, never have they laid their burdens at others' feet. How many times have we heard him  say "Tum har cheez akeli nahin kar sakti"? The final step for both has to be the confidence to be vulnerable to the other. We've seen her start to take a baby step. When she went haring off after Di her instinct was to reach for her phone and call him, although she back tracked pretty quickly! LOL Will he start to lay his burden at her feet? I think so... can't wait! 

Khushi is starting to see the tip of the iceberg that is ASR and is eager to discover more. Who is ASR? Khushi's asked this kostin many times to no avail. Chip...old block, apple...tree. Now the answers are clearer. He's daadi's potha. When he described daadi, didn't Khushi hear her own  echoes from the bridge scene? Then she'd said to him, "what truth? You're miles away from it. You saw what you wanted to see, a truth of your making". Today Arnav tells her where that comes from. 

Daadi sees Khushi, takes her to be household help and gets doused by dirty water. First impressions are lasting impressions with the uber orthodox, elitist, dogmatic daadi. Well, Khushi... she gets off on the wrong foot (literally and figuratively!) Ouch  If that does not perfectly mirror Arnav's reaction to the infamous terrace scene, I don't know what does. Tongue

Poor Khushi, always at the wrong place at the wrong time... for all her strength and courage, she's a character who's been largely powerless at the hands of destiny. Little wonder then that she plans little and believes so strongly in the power of Devi maiyya to write her fate and those of others around her. So her husband now has taught her that to some degree she can write her own fate and she's teaching him that to a great extent he can't. The truth... it always lies somewhere in the middle, right? Big smile

Daadi has been set up to be an intriguing character... at this point whether one likes her or not is irrelevant. She is a commanding presence, one that cannot be ignored. She is firm, infuriatingly opinionated, prejudiced... BUT a straight shooter. She will be fiercely protective of those she loves and will slam the door ruthlessly on those on the outside. Sound like anyone we know? Tongue  But Arnav is also Nani's grandson - he has her genes too, and more importantly her upbringing and values. I like the undercurrent of the nature vs nurture conflict being set up here. Thumbs Up

Regret, Apology, Penance? Do we really any of those or a separate track for any of those? With every choice he makes, every action he takes isn't Arnav showing us all three? More importantly he's showing us something that makes all three count for something. He's showing us a desire and an intent to right the  wrongs.

I do know that not everyone shares this view but talk is cheap. If we can't infer motive, goals and emotions from actions, then we're not looking hard or carefully. With due apology to Helen Keller for mauling her words - The most important things in the world cannot always be seen, heard or even touched, they must be felt with the heart AND be demonstrated unequivocally through choice. 

Oh..Sheila...whattay post...StarClapClapStarStarClap...truely speechless for the second time tonight specially the last paragraph. Outstanding!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nancynairsoapsudsipkbs

-Maggie- Goldie
-Maggie-
-Maggie-

Money shot Tuesday delivered BIG time! To think when I signed off last night I'd hoped for magic and pagalpan. Big smile  We got neither... but we got better. We got a taut and engrossing 20 minutes of drama. It's the first time in a long time that the morance played second fiddle to the drama and I didn't miss it one bit. 

The back isstory is unfurling slowly and every epi throws up more kostins than it answers. "Woh Aurath", we're hearing about so often now that surely we're going to see another new pivotal character soon. For all the clues and kostins, I'm enjoying watching things unfold one epi at time, without leaping ahead or making predictions. 

What contract shaadi? I wanted the full 8 days of wooing because it is sooo fun but if they said no more about it and just settled into life as Mrs and Mr. Raizada, it would feel RIGHT! No words necessary, they're simply living as husband and wife --- in all ways but one which is utterly baffling, but I won't go there! Wink  If after all this they need any kind of wedding, private or public, I'm reading this relationship all wrong. Yes, the world outside may need it so he will likely give it to her.

Love, respect, trust... but also a willingness to recognize and protect his wife's deepest vulnerability - her self blame habit. The next step ought to be his willingness to be vulnerable to his wife and let her provide strength and succor. She is eager to do just that.  

They've both struggled mightily with it. Two strong independent people who've shouldered burdens for others, never have they laid their burdens at others' feet. How many times have we heard him  say "Tum har cheez akeli nahin kar sakti"? The final step for both has to be the confidence to be vulnerable to the other. We've seen her start to take a baby step. When she went haring off after Di her instinct was to reach for her phone and call him, although she back tracked pretty quickly! LOL Will he start to lay his burden at her feet? I think so... can't wait! 

Khushi is starting to see the tip of the iceberg that is ASR and is eager to discover more. Who is ASR? Khushi's asked this kostin many times to no avail. Chip...old block, apple...tree. Now the answers are clearer. He's daadi's potha. When he described daadi, didn't Khushi hear her own  echoes from the bridge scene? Then she'd said to him, "what truth? You're miles away from it. You saw what you wanted to see, a truth of your making". Today Arnav tells her where that comes from. 

Daadi sees Khushi, takes her to be household help and gets doused by dirty water. First impressions are lasting impressions with the uber orthodox, elitist, dogmatic daadi. Well, Khushi... she gets off on the wrong foot (literally and figuratively!) Ouch  If that does not perfectly mirror Arnav's reaction to the infamous terrace scene, I don't know what does. Tongue

Poor Khushi, always at the wrong place at the wrong time... for all her strength and courage, she's a character who's been largely powerless at the hands of destiny. Little wonder then that she plans little and believes so strongly in the power of Devi maiyya to write her fate and those of others around her. So her husband now has taught her that to some degree she can write her own fate and she's teaching him that to a great extent he can't. The truth... it always lies somewhere in the middle, right? Big smile

Daadi has been set up to be an intriguing character... at this point whether one likes her or not is irrelevant. She is a commanding presence, one that cannot be ignored. She is firm, infuriatingly opinionated, prejudiced... BUT a straight shooter. She will be fiercely protective of those she loves and will slam the door ruthlessly on those on the outside. Sound like anyone we know? Tongue  But Arnav is also Nani's grandson - he has her genes too, and more importantly her upbringing and values. I like the undercurrent of the nature vs nurture conflict being set up here. Thumbs Up

Regret, Apology, Penance? Do we really any of those or a separate track for any of those? With every choice he makes, every action he takes isn't Arnav showing us all three? More importantly he's showing us something that makes all three count for something. He's showing us a desire and an intent to right the  wrongs.

I do know that not everyone shares this view but talk is cheap. If we can't infer motive, goals and emotions from actions, then we're not looking hard or carefully. With due apology to Helen Keller for mauling her words - The most important things in the world cannot always be seen, heard or even touched, they must be felt with the heart AND be demonstrated unequivocally through choice. 

Hi doc,

Hope you are doing well!  You are absolutely right..Kushi and Arnav need to start relying on each other more.  Arnav has to realize that he cannot do everything by himself also (as he is so fond of telling Kushi)!  I know he will slowly but surely start sharing his worries with Kushi..he has to for the marriage to work.

docgirlsoapsudsshowstruck

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

@Doc - jab bhi aati hain dhamakedar entry kay saath aati hain. You can give Swati C's entrance a run for her money LOL Both Sari and I shouldn't have written anything at all! You echoed our thoughts brilliantly! Thoda jaldi nahi aa sakti so I wouldn't have to write? Wink

Edited by joenet1234 - 07 August 2012 at 8:49pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirl-monalisa-soapsudsshowstruck

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged

Priyanka wonderful post ! Bold is what I feel too ., there is no need of words when there is action and ASR is a man of action and will show his support to Khushi through his actions ...true love is not about words!

-Maggie-soapsudsshowstruck

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MaddyAddy

Eagerly awaited your post today Smile

loved these last few lines!

nope, they certainly don't need a re-marriage for they have moved into the zone where 'how it happened' isn't half as important as them 'being together' Embarrassed 

Hi Saba - Thanks & Welcome to the hangout...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-

Go to top